Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's obvious that the final ES on these newly announced items is determined by how many were pre-ordered at the show. I don't know why everyone is so paranoid.

by the way... (I suppose I should find out first, lol) ... what's PT... and how far behind the UK is it? ..does it stand for pacific time or something?

Its pacific time... actuall if you go on Sideshow's website there is a clock (uper left corner) that gives you their exact time.

I think it's obvious that the final ES on these newly announced items is determined by how many were pre-ordered at the show. I don't know why everyone is so paranoid.

C'mon Irish, you'd be antsy too if you didn't already have a pre-order...

And honestly, I know Sideshow takes care of customers. However, this is a situation where a small "don't worry, there will be XXXX amount available for pre-order on Friday" would go a long way... or if its a TBD, just let us know that ahead of time.

I'm fine with attendees getting the privilege of avoiding PPO madness, but if the ES of piece was such that a large percentage of that could be bought up by attendees with little left for those that couldn't go, that'd be BS.

It supposed to be a SSC exclusive not a SDCC exclusive. If you want to make something special for attendees thats fine but it should be the back up gun for the rebel fleet trooper not something for the most anticipated figure in SSC history.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

C'mon Irish, you'd be antsy too if you didn't already have a pre-order...

And honestly, I know Sideshow takes care of customers. However, this is a situation where a small "don't worry, there will be XXXX amount available for pre-order on Friday" would go a long way... or if its a TBD, just let us know that ahead of time.

Ya, so far, every ANH figure's been 1977. The Stormies are allowing 2 per and like 4 per on the regular so their ES is just a whole other beast, but with Vader 1 per, at the moment there's no reason to not think his ES could be 1977 like the others. Hopefully the NL spills on this tonight. I have faith in SSC, but some confirmation would be settling.

I'm still curious why some people were told they couldn't order the exclusive at SDCC, and some were. I have a feeling this will be a debacle when it's over with. I'm with you Maul, hopefully it'll get addressed in the newsletter.

Some don't want to attend. What if Sideshow offered him up online only during the show?

I understand some don't want to or can't. I just think its funny that some people complain people going get a chance to order. Like its some huge bad thing. Most places there take orders for PO before or as it hits their sites. I don't see people complain about them.

Sideshow also has international customers who already get screwed by shipping and customs charges. Are you suggesting they should be prepared to fly to San Diego and pay inflated hotel charges just so they can get a fair shot at a product? There's no way I'd even fly cross-country just for that, and if I was back at home in Sydney I think a few thousand dollars and a week off work might be asking just a little too much for the privilege of paying for a figure.

The shipping and customs is their own countries fault not Sideshows. I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying people shouldn't complain that people who did pay get to order first. I can't fly to London and get the Galactic Marine so should I ^^^^^ and moan because GG is doing this or how about the Gen Con event in Australia where I couldn't get the Indiana Jones Bust there? This is how things work in the collectibles world and SS will be gving those going a chance to get it and probably a chance at several since the Es is gonna be above 1977.

Now that's a bit extreme. I'm fine with attendees getting the privilege of avoiding PPO madness, but if the ES of piece was such that a large percentage of that could be bought up by attendees with little left for those that couldn't go, that'd be BS. I'm sure everyone would love to go to the con but sometimes the money just doesn't work out, those people shouldn't be punished cuz they're dropping thousands on the products all year and because of that have no spare cash for a trip, they're still contributing lots directly to Sideshow.

I have faith Sidshow will balance the situation out so the playing field is even for everyone, but given their history of fan friendliness over the 3 years I've been following, if they were to suddenly do something that made a product seem meant only for those able to attend the convention, that'd be more than sour grapes. Even the Con pieces are made available to everyone just to balance things.

When I say Sour Grapes I mean it by saying people even get a chance. I highly doubt that the ES was bought up at the show. He's gonna have a huge ES. So I expect him to be available to everyone just like any other piece. I just find it funny that people who don't go complain that people going are getting some kind of super advantage.

If you make the effort to go to the Con then its only right that you get a first shot at things. Cant see why it bothers people so much.

Sorry, but there's not much logic behind statements like this.

Really? How so? Not much logic in your reply either.

Sour grapes my ass. It supposed to be a SSC exclusive not a SDCC exclusive. If you want to make something special for attendees thats fine but it should be the back up gun for the rebel fleet trooper not something for the most anticipated figure in SSC history. That would be like SSC saying FU to anyone who can't attend because real life got in the way. If thats the way they feel they should say so, I'm sure I can find something else to blow a few hundred a year on.

It is and it will be. People going just get a couple days head start.

Last edited:

Totally agree.

Regardless, Friday's PPO is going to be grueling. No matter what the ES is actually set at, we are all going to feel the crunch come 2 pm PT. :monkey3

Totally agree.

Regardless, Friday's PPO is going to be grueling. No matter what the ES is actually set at, we are all going to feel the crunch come 2 pm PT. :monkey3

I expect Vaders ES to be in the 3-5k range for the Ex.

I think 3000 would be about right, if 1000 orders were placed at the con, go with a multiple of 3.

I think this Vader's ES is going to be set around letting everyone get at it, high ES instead of Inclusive so SSC still has some control over getting stuck with units later. I think we'll see future Vaders be more limited.

Keep in mind, though, that Sideshow is fully expecting lots of cancellations of the Regular Vader that went up for pre-order last week once the Exclusive is sold-through on the site. I think that will factor into the Edition Size of BOTH of the skus. They're not going to want to be left with a lot of non-exclusive Vader figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back