RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

benjamin-button.jpg

Great film, 9/10

The Strangers - D

Benjamin Button - A

Traitor - C

Saw Bolt today with the mother. We never hang out anymore so it was nice to see a movie with her.

9 out of 10 for Bolt.

Only other 9 out of 10 movie I seen this year is the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Who would have known.. two 9/10 movies in a 3 day span!

Iron Man is more like a 8 to 8.5. So IM is close on that list for me this year.

It wasn't really about the main "good guy" . . . there were no good guys apart from the sheriff who found himself in a world that he was beginning not to understand . . .

I think you have to be in the right frame of mind to watch this . . . If you went in expecting Die Hard you would be lost . .

Nonsense!

When a movie meticulously details every detail of a story then gives a shorthand thumbnail footnote for an ending, that is just poor film making.

They went from Ridley "inyourface" Scott throughout the film to a Kubrick "I'm afraid of people" ending. It just doesn't work.

As a former Coen Bros. fan, I was disappointed in this departure from their normal attention to detail.

The TLJ part was peripheral to most of the story and seemed detached from the main plot.

For a good example of how to make a similar story type correctly, see "To Live and Die in L.A."

There, the main character is not who you expect. It took me years to figure out the mystery of that film. "Old Men" was not that complex.

Last edited:

Rabbit Proof Fence

The journey of three young escapees from a gov't internment boarding school 1200 miles across the Australian outback.

Rating 35mm/70mm+

Ratings from lowest to highest: Wait for the beta tape release, 8mm, 16mm, 35mm, 70mm+

Nonsense!

When a movie meticulously details every detail of a story then gives a shorthand thumbnail footnote for an ending, that is just poor film making.

They went from Ridley "inyourface" Scott throughout the film to a Kubrick "I'm afraid of people" ending. It just doesn't work.

As a former Coen Bros. fan, I was disappointed in this departure from their normal attention to detail.

The TLJ part was peripheral to most of the story and seemed detached from the main plot.

For a good example of how to make a similar story type correctly, see "To Live and Die in L.A."

There, the main character is not who you expect. It took me years to figure out the mystery of that film. "Old Men" was not that complex.

You are aware thats exacly how the book ends....right?

'Doubt' - 9 put of 10

'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' - 5 out of 10

'The Promotion' - 7 out of 10

Iron Man NOt as great when viewing the 2nd time but still one of my fav of 2008.
Lords of the Ring: Fellowship of the Ring Classic movie. One of the best triligies ever in cinema.

I liked it, too. Not the kind of movie I would re-watch a lot but certainly effective.

I felt like I had seen it before and had seen done much better. Enjoyed the French film Inside alot more.

Back