Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Angel! Check this Rare Planet of the Apes Custom Caesar Bust Item number: 120215625445 now on auction with less than an hour to go.:monkey1

I am done with the Nova costume! woo hoo! I only have to sew one last snap. Too bad Zira won't photograph well because her body is dark brown and the costume is dark brown. Ironman, please PM me your address so I can send out the costume.

Jess.

Hey Angel! Check this Rare Planet of the Apes Custom Caesar Bust Item number: 120215625445 now on auction with less than an hour to go.:monkey1

I missed it. It looks like it went for $20.50?? My stupid Ebay doesn't display the item like it used to when it's sold. It flashes briefly and says bidding ended for the item.

Jess.

That was fast work on the costume, Jess...

Now... Where are the photos? I can't wait to see "Slave Zira". How quickly the tables have changed on the Planet of the Apes!

... Can you include a shot of Nova wearing Zira's outfit?

... Taylor wearing Cornelius' "Ape's new suit?"

Last edited:
Jungle, too funny! I don't have a Nova doll, which is why I had to use Zira as the model for the outfit. I'm too shy to take a photo of Zira in this condition. Besides, she won't photograph well because her body is dark and the outfit is dark. I'm going to do my best to try and take photos but I'm sure it won't come out well. The front of the costume is really difficult to do, isn't it?

Jess.

Oh, please, Jessica... Just one shot, the flash will illuminate it enough so we will be able to make out the costume against the brown plastic.

And, Yes those thin strips of leather only take one or two stitches and they have to be exact.

Last edited:
Remember guys, I used fake leather, so I couldn't cut the strips of the costume as thin as real leather...Here are some shots. Let me know what you think. I'm sure it would look way better on Nova. Does it make you go :monkey5

Sorry it took so long to upload the photos. I couldn't figure out how to compress the files.

Jess.

Last edited:
I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting....

It was worth the wait! I see you made the outfit out of one piece of faux leather, which is how I did it originally with the GI Jane Hasbro figure. It is actually easier to create a top and bottom and link them together with leather strips.

You really hit it out of the park, though! I can see the amount of work you put in to make all those cuts to make the front of the costume. It really is a very intricate costume, as you well know. It looks simple but becomes very complex to get it to fit tight, and look right. You did both!!!!

The General will be overjoyed when he receives this. He has wanted this costume for his Nova ever since he saw the one I made. I'm sure he will reward you with some trade, for all your hard work.

Expect others on this thread to ask for your help to clothe Nova properly.

Sideshow's slave clothes leave a lot to be desired!

Excellent work, as always Jess!!!!

I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting....

It was worth the wait! I see you made the outfit out of one piece of faux leather, which is how I did it originally with the GI Jane Hasbro figure. It is actually easier to create a top and bottom and link them together with leather strips.

You really hit it out of the park, though! I can see the amount of work you put in to make all those cuts to make the front of the costume. It really is a very intricate costume, as you well know. It looks simple but becomes very complex to get it to fit tight, and look right. You did both!!!!

The General will be overjoyed when he receives this. He has wanted this costume for his Nova ever since he saw the one I made. I'm sure he will reward you with some trade, for all your hard work.

Expect others on this thread to ask for your help to clothe Nova properly.

Sideshow's slave clothes leave a lot to be desired!

Excellent work, as always Jess!!!!

Thanks, Jungle! I was nervously awaiting a response regarding the costume. It was a difficult feat, and definitely you set the bar way up high with your Nova costumes. I tried to photograph Zira in the costume as tastefully as possible and not compromise her integrity.

Jess.

This just in:

Planet of the Apes - The Legacy Collection (Planet of the Apes [1968] / Beneath the / Escape from the / Conquest of the / Battle for the) [DVD]
J. Lee Thompson
Don Taylor

$24.99

List price: $49.98

You Save: $24.99 (50%)

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.ht...Y&AFID=Performics_DealCatcher.com&LNM=Primary

Angel is this the one you said to get? I would get it but I already have copies of the movies...

Jess.

Thanks a bunch everyone for all the great words. I have a long way to go, but you'll be there with me as I keep you updated with my progress.

Angel - I got you picture of all those toxic chemicals you received. You might now be on the FBI watch list. :lol

Jessica, Great job on the outfit. You even got an official stamp of approval from JJ himself. Way to go!:clap

JJ, I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect branch, or twig to add to the set. It's going to take some time. :eek:

IM, I told Kfog that in the future if you two are still willing, I'd be able to go in for the #6 gorilla.

After playing in ape city I have come to the conclusion that I don't have enough gorillas. I thought that they would be at Amoktimes for a very long time. No more soldiers, no more doctors. Who's the next to go? I'm thinking it's going to be Caesar but I have been wrong on occasion. :monkey3

My prediction is that the NY Giants are going to win the Superbowl tomorrow, which means that I'll have to root for the Patriots. :confused:

STICKS!!!!

Again... I can't get over the work you've done. I keep going back to your photos, to see if I'm dreaming!

Thanks a bunch everyone for all the great words. I have a long way to go, but you'll be there with me as I keep you updated with my progress.

Angel - I got you picture of all those toxic chemicals you received. You might now be on the FBI watch list. :lol

Jessica, Great job on the outfit. You even got an official stamp of approval from JJ himself. Way to go!:clap

JJ, I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect branch, or twig to add to the set. It's going to take some time. :eek:

IM, I told Kfog that in the future if you two are still willing, I'd be able to go in for the #6 gorilla.

After playing in ape city I have come to the conclusion that I don't have enough gorillas. I thought that they would be at Amoktimes for a very long time. No more soldiers, no more doctors. Who's the next to go? I'm thinking it's going to be Caesar but I have been wrong on occasion. :monkey3

My prediction is that the NY Giants are going to win the Superbowl tomorrow, which means that I'll have to root for the Patriots. :confused:

Sticks, I think your best bet would be to hoard as many heads as Angel can produce and just get SS bodies and switch them out and clothe them eventually. Or buy cases of General Ursus and that way you would only have to make the vests after you switch out the heads with Angel's heads...

Last edited:
This just in:

Planet of the Apes - The Legacy Collection (Planet of the Apes [1968] / Beneath the / Escape from the / Conquest of the / Battle for the) [DVD]
J. Lee Thompson
Don Taylor

$24.99

List price: $49.98

You Save: $24.99 (50%)

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.ht...Y&AFID=Performics_DealCatcher.com&LNM=Primary

Angel is this the one you said to get? I would get it but I already have copies of the movies...

Jess.

This is it Jessica. I still need to get all the movies. Thanks a bunch.

Sticks, I think your best bet would be to hoard as many heads as Angel can produce and just get SS bodies and switch them out and clothe them eventually.

I still have two other heads currently not being displayed. I was thinking of going in on a case of Ursus' but that would still leave the black leather vest, bandolier, and hands to worry about.

I do still 4 regular soldiers and 2 exclusives wrapped up somewhere. I really didn't want to open them because they are all that I have left of the gorilla army. Do you think you can make copies of the gorilla soldier vest? I went to Jo-Ann's fabric this morning and was really thinking of getting some faux leather for this purpose, but then I remembered, I'm not very good with needle and thread. I did buy some beads which I think are going to work out great for my western shoot. But, even those have got to get shipped back east to my father because he's making, adding to, and decorating my Native American outfits.

Hello everyone! Question? Does sideshow have any other figures that have black bodies like the Gorillas? With the extra Gorilla heads that I will be getting, I will need to attach to a sideshow body. Any suggestion? Thanks, Kent.:confused:

I still have two other heads currently not being displayed. I was thinking of going in on a case of Ursus' but that would still leave the black leather vest, bandolier, and hands to worry about.

I do still 4 regular soldiers and 2 exclusives wrapped up somewhere. I really didn't want to open them because they are all that I have left of the gorilla army. Do you think you can make copies of the gorilla soldier vest? I went to Jo-Ann's fabric this morning and was really thinking of getting some faux leather for this purpose, but then I remembered, I'm not very good with needle and thread. I did buy some beads which I think are going to work out great for my western shoot. But, even those have got to get shipped back east to my father because he's making, adding to, and decorating my Native American outfits.

I definitely could whip out some vests. Regarding the hands, couldn't you figure out a way to mold them and then exchange them out like they do with Megos? I don't have the dolls in front of me, but I do have a gorilla and the vests are easy enough to do. The bandolier I'm sure could be done with real leather or fake leather. It shouldn't be that difficult. You just have to find leather that matches in color and just make sure it's thin enough.

Jess.

Back