Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone! Question? Does sideshow have any other figures that have black bodies like the Gorillas? With the extra Gorilla heads that I will be getting, I will need to attach to a sideshow body. Any suggestion? Thanks, Kent.:confused:

Kfog, I was thinking the same thing...

Yes, the lack of gorillas has reached a disturbing point. I wonder if Sideshow would just sell us the outfits? Hey!! I can dream, can't I?
Jess if you make the vests count me in [would you be doing the gauntlets as well?]
An option to gorilla bodies may be to make the "replacement" heads to fit Dragon bodies and use them. Any black, gloved hands should work for your basic gorilla.

I still have two other heads currently not being displayed. I was thinking of going in on a case of Ursus' but that would still leave the black leather vest, bandolier, and hands to worry about.

I do still 4 regular soldiers and 2 exclusives wrapped up somewhere. I really didn't want to open them because they are all that I have left of the gorilla army. Do you think you can make copies of the gorilla soldier vest? I went to Jo-Ann's fabric this morning and was really thinking of getting some faux leather for this purpose, but then I remembered, I'm not very good with needle and thread. I did buy some beads which I think are going to work out great for my western shoot. But, even those have got to get shipped back east to my father because he's making, adding to, and decorating my Native American outfits.

Hi Stickman! I think that the Bandoliers can be made, but what about having molds made of the ammo pouches?:monkey3

This just in:

Planet of the Apes - The Legacy Collection (Planet of the Apes [1968] / Beneath the / Escape from the / Conquest of the / Battle for the) [DVD]
J. Lee Thompson
Don Taylor

$24.99

List price: $49.98

You Save: $24.99 (50%)

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.ht...Y&AFID=Performics_DealCatcher.com&LNM=Primary

Angel is this the one you said to get? I would get it but I already have copies of the movies...

Jess.

Well, I went and checked it out. So far it sounds good. WideScreen! :monkey5

Here is what the description states; "Disk 1: *Planet of the Apes ('68)
Disk 2: *Escape from the Planet of the Apes

Disk 3: *Conquest for the Planet of the Apes

Disk 4: *Battle for the Planet of the Apes

Disk 5: *Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Disk 6: *Behind the Planet of the Apes (bonus disc) *Documentary Â"Behind the Planet of the ApesÂ" *Planet of the Apes trailer *Beneath the Planet of the Apes trailer *Escape from the Planet of the Apes trailer *Conquest of the Planet of the Apes trailer *Battle for the Planet of the Apes trailer *Planet of the Apes Cross Promotion trailer *TV Spot for Behind the Planet of the Apes *Fox Interactive Presents: Behind the Scenes of the Planet of the Apes game

• Return policy
• Pricing policy
• ASIN: B000E6ESEY
• Item can not be gift wrapped.
• Format: AC-3, Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, DVD-Video, THX, Widescreen, NTSC
• Rating: G (General Audience)

My questions are:

What's up with all of the asterisks?
Why is Beneath on Disk 5 and not two?
This is the set that has all of the extra footage right? I'd love to see Beneath again restored with extra footage.

I think this will be going into the basket. :D

:rock:mexwaveI think that the Gorillas are so grumpy because they never show them with mates. Anyway, what a fantastic structure! This is the way to display your POTA collection! Stickman, I just have to commend you on this magnificent piece of art! This is the center piece of Central City that is necessary for any POTA enthusiast out there. I really love it!:monkey1:monkey5:clap:clap:bow:bow:dance:rock2

I think I spotted a female gorilla! In the church scene where Taylor is running around...On the right corner of the screen, very briefly though to the very left of the priest...is a lady simian wearing a green chimpanzee female outfit and wearing a hooded purple wrap. She stands up and Taylor runs around behind her and the rock wall...Wish I could do a screencapture, but I'm technically challenged...

Jess.

Yes, the lack of gorillas has reached a disturbing point. I wonder if Sideshow would just sell us the outfits? Hey!! I can dream, can't I?
Jess if you make the vests count me in [would you be doing the gauntlets as well?]
An option to gorilla bodies may be to make the "replacement" heads to fit Dragon bodies and use them. Any black, gloved hands should work for your basic gorilla.

Yes, I agree..a pair of gauntlets for every vest is a must or it won't look right.

Jess.

I think I spotted a female gorilla! In the church scene where Taylor is running around...On the right corner of the screen, very briefly though...is a lady simian wearing a green chimpanzee female outfit and wearing a hooded purple wrap. Wish I could do a screencapture, but I'm technically challenged...

Jess.

I haven't seen these films in such a long time, I'm really jonesing to see these films again, except Battle:monkey4

Anyway, I could have sworn that we see a female chimp or gorilla in the Museum scene, when we learn of the other astronauts demise.

Hey, I'm only up tonight because I don't have to work tomorrow at 5:30 am Eastern time. Thank God my show is done out of town on Superbowl Sunday!

Woo-hoo! Well all right! Thanx Jess, I'll spread the news!

ARMANDO PROJECT

Here is the latest update/headcount. I currently have seven (7) people signed on for the Armando project.

Kfog
Harry
Ironman
Jessica
Sticks
Snickertown
Angel

Waiting in the wings, and seriously considering signing on are: Protozaius and Hasslein.

Angel, I have always fantasized about making Armando that circus costume. I really like the tayloring on that. That's what I'm going to do with mine although he is going to be sculpted from Conquest...

Jess.

Hey, I'm only up tonight because I don't have to work tomorrow at 5:30 am Eastern time. Thank God my show is done out of town on Superbowl Sunday!

Are you going to watch the game Jom? Who are you rooting for. My relatives in CT and NY are all going for the Giants. :monkey3

I'm less than five miles from the game! I could always drive over and check it out.:chew

Angel, I have always fantasized about making Armando that circus costume. I really like the tayloring on that. That's what I'm going to do with mine although he is going to be sculpted from Conquest...

Jess.

I wonder why SS never did Ricardo Montalban, was it do to rights? I to prefer the ringleader outfit, but if he is to stand next to the mighty Caesar that it would have to be a Conquest outfit.

Jessica, if you are ever willing to tackle the gorilla garments, there are a few here that may go in on it for you. Please keep me posted.

We need more Apes!

There are so many events going on down here including Sports stars, Movie stars, major bands with A list type people it is incredible. The valley just surpassed Philadelphia as the 6th largest city in the country. We have grown by more than 1.5 million just in 10 years.:cool:

Back