Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two close relatives who in all likelihood won't see out the year. If cancer was a person, I'd punch it in the face :mad:

My wife took our neighbor to a support group for widows tonight; her husband died of pancreatic cancer a week ago. He was the nicest guy who would always come out to visit when I was mowing the lawn and give my kids little ice cream sandwiches. :(

My mom's favorite sister was diagnosed with multiple myeloma one month after esophageal cancer killed my dad. Liver cancer killed her little brother last October, two weeks after his diagnosis, and a month before the two year anniversary of my dad's passing.

I f#@&ing loathe cancer.

I hate cancer too! :mad: An older lady I knew for many years just passed 2 weeks ago and a good friend of mine who is only 42 has pancreatic cancer. :( Two women I am in choir with are currently going through chemo....it was just like bam, bam, bam...all these women were diagnosed within the last 8 months.

My mom's favorite sister was diagnosed with multiple myeloma one month after esophageal cancer killed my dad. Liver cancer killed her little brother last October, two weeks after his diagnosis, and a month before the two year anniversary of my dad's passing.

I f#@&ing loathe cancer.

That's what killed my Mom, multiple myeloma. Never even heard of it before. She had been going to the doctor's for years complaining about her pain, but they didn't find it till she was almost gone. I still remember her telling me she wasn't ready to leave. All I could say was, "I know Mom." She was only 66 years old.

I'm sorry to hear that, but welcome to the ____tiest club in the world. My dad didn't make it two full weeks past his 61st birthday.

Jen, that's really scary. I think I'm going to go donate my pancreas now.

Believe me, the parent(s) will blame the school and probably sue.

We're likely considering filing a grievance. They pulled the SpecEd card and sold it to the PD in hopes of having it swept under the carpet. But the child was mainstreamed with a history of escalation (literally a 1/4" stack of referrals for both violent and non-compliant behavior). So if they want to play that card, I'm pushing to file against the school and district for negligence having put teachers and students in danger on the daily basis by allowing the student to be in a mainstream classroom. Second time this ____ has happened. :mad:

Do you have a link to the story?

According to administration........the parent is ALWAYS right. :monkey4

Believe me, the parent(s) will blame the school and probably sue.

:lecture

Our school has a threatened lawsuit against us right now because a 4th grade teacher started the Student Intervention Team (SIT) process on a kid because he is failing across the board and is still a L.2 English Learner- ie, he doesn't understand English very well. He has been with our school since 3rd grade. Mind you, the 4th grade teacher STARTED THE SIT PROCESS TO GET THE KID HELP!

The parents got pissed when retention was recommended, called an English Language Development (ELD) advocate, and lawyer-ed up.

The ELD advocate 'discovered' that our district's ELD policy handbook recommends "38 minutes of English Language Instruction daily" but the teacher only had 35 minutes in her lesson plans. To be honest, I have been teaching for 11 years and I only include 30 minutes of direct ELD instruction daily and I do not do it whole group. ELD instruction is mainly for students who do not speak English; it is NOT language arts.

Our principal is now s_ing bricks and screaming at everyone; she now wants 40 minutes of direct ELD instruction daily with an additional 10 minutes of 'transition' time. She is making all of 4th grade do daily progress reports for any L1 or L2 students. We were told to take P.E. completely out of our lesson plans (illegal) and stop using the social studies and science textbooks and instead use ELD strategies to teach the subject matter. :censored

Last edited:
We're likely considering filing a grievance. They pulled the SpecEd card and sold it to the PD in hopes of having it swept under the carpet. But the child was mainstreamed with a history of escalation (literally a 1/4" stack of referrals for both violent and non-compliant behavior). So if they want to play that card, I'm pushing to file against the school and district for negligence having put teachers and students in danger on the daily basis by allowing the student to be in a mainstream classroom. Second time this ____ has happened. :mad:

I hate- HATE- IEP/Behavior Plans/504 Plans that allow kids to act like sociopaths. Unfortunately, this has alot to do with how goofy the kid's psychologist is that writes the "interventions and educational modifications". Once the parents get the kid labeled with a disability, schools are terrified of being sued for "not meeting the individual needs" of the kid. If the kid has a learning disability as well (IEP), forget it because the kid usually gets away with anything.

I had a kid last year with a 504 Plan for Oppositional Defiance Disorder and an IEP for learning discrepancies who was a complete sociopath who would threaten kill other kids on a daily basis. I sent a referral up to the office when he was pelting other kids in the head with pinecones and he got to go outside and throw around a football while he talked it out with the psychologist. :monkey4

I hate- HATE- IEP/Behavior Plans/504 Plans that allow kids to act like sociopaths. Unfortunately, this has alot to do with how goofy the kid's psychologist is that writes the "interventions and educational modifications". Once the parents get the kid labeled with a disability, schools are terrified of being sued for "not meeting the individual needs" of the kid. If the kid has a learning disability as well (IEP), forget it because the kid usually gets away with anything.

I had a kid last year with a 504 Plan for Oppositional Defiance Disorder and an IEP for learning discrepancies who was a complete sociopath who would threaten kill other kids on a daily basis. I sent a referral up to the office when he was pelting other kids in the head with pinecones and he got to go outside and throw around a football while he talked it out with the psychologist. :monkey4

That's why we'll be fighting it on a different level. Kids like that should not be mainstreamed because they lack the ability to function on the normal level with the rest of the children in the classroom, which means, as was in my wife's case, the child presents a clear danger to the teacher and the students. And your average teacher isn't equipped to deal with these behavioral disorders like a Spec Ed teacher would. California law requires that the school provide a safe learning environment for students as well as a safe working environment for employees. So the school doesn't get it both ways. They either stick with their decision to mainstream this student and process the student like any other child would be and stay on board for a misdemeanor assault and battery charge or "battery on school property," or own up to being negligent and endangering the well-being of the students and teachers this child has shared a classroom with. The latter opens the school up to far more liability.

Last edited:
Attention whores who post off topic stuff in higher traffic threads so that more people can see their idiotic crap.

Back