Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Only one superhero a year movie can be good" mentality. It was amusing at first, then I realized some people weren't joking.

Yesterday I was cooking 4 racks of baby back ribs. Made a homemade rub...had then slow cooking on the grill for about 1 1/2 hours...they had half an hour left to go. I was checking them every 10-15 minutes to make sure the temperature didn't rise above 340. Everything was perfect. Then somehow the grill malfunctioned ..and when i went to check them again the temperature was beyond maxed out...there were scorch marks on the lid, the temperature gage fell apart, the ribs were completely on fire. When the flames were gone all that was left was ash. Even the bones were ash. They had been cremated. How could that happen in 10 minutes with the knobs still on low. :( all that work for nothing...but a gasp and a laugh of utter disbelief. I hate you grill.

Yesterday I was cooking 4 racks of baby back ribs. Made a homemade rub...had then slow cooking on the grill for about 1 1/2 hours...they had half an hour left to go. I was checking them every 10-15 minutes to make sure the temperature didn't rise above 340. Everything was perfect. Then somehow the grill malfunctioned ..and when i went to check them again the temperature was beyond maxed out...there were scorch marks on the lid, the temperature gage fell apart, the ribs were completely on fire. When the flames were gone all that was left was ash. Even the bones were ash. They had been cremated. How could that happen in 10 minutes with the knobs still on low. :( all that work for nothing...but a gasp and a laugh of utter disbelief. I hate you grill.

That would make me sick. I love baby backs! Sorry Jen!

Well it's a good thing it didn't malfunction with you standing over it. The ribs can be replaced, you can't.

People who order cakes for Saturday pick up, then come in the day before wanting them, then getting pissed off because they're aren't ready yet. Happens at least once a week, and it did just now. :mad:

People who order cakes for Saturday pick up, then come in the day before wanting them, then getting pissed off because they're aren't ready yet. Happens at least once a week, and it did just now. :mad:

You don't piss off the people who handle your food.

[ame]https://youtu.be/hyYS6SrDkBg[/ame]

Last edited:
People at the cinema who constantly talk during the movie.... one of the reasons why I prefer to watch movies at home.

Taking my little sister to the ER where she's facing likely admission. She'll be alright, but she's been sick and it's been long enough.

Hope the little sis is rockin' good health soon.

Probably the grease from the ribs. Cook ribs over charcoal with the vents closed enough to keep any flame from opening up.

I hate you grill.

You should cook them in the oven first. Same dry rub and all but add some liquid smoke. Put em on a sheet tray and tent with foil, 215 Deg. for three hours or so and then finish on the grill for the last 45-1Hr while hitting them with the sauce. Either that or pick up an actual smoker...... :duff

When you buy stuff at the store and walk out with your stuff, get home, realize you didn't grab a bag (that you paid for) and the store is now closed.

Hope the little sis is rockin' good health soon.

Probably the grease from the ribs. Cook ribs over charcoal with the vents closed enough to keep any flame from opening up.

We took it sears and was told there was a faulty regulator. They are hooking my boss up with a new grill - it was only a couple months old.

You should cook them in the oven first. Same dry rub and all but add some liquid smoke. Put em on a sheet tray and tent with foil, 215 Deg. for three hours or so and then finish on the grill for the last 45-1Hr while hitting them with the sauce. Either that or pick up an actual smoker...... :duff

That would have been ideal - but no room in the oven. My boss was having a dinner party for 12 people and the oven was full of other things. :( To be honest, I don't know if I will go through the trouble of making ribs again. :lol

I hate that too. Also the fact that many a times I am the only one who would ask/shout on such people to keep their trap shut. The rest of the people sit quietly with a couldn't care less attitude as if they are completley oblivious to the disturbance and I am the only one getting annoyed. :mad:

This.

Also people who sit behind me in a movie who constantly bump the back of my seat. I HATE THAT. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

The people who just can't sit ____ing still!? If hate it when you get a lard ass who practically sounds like he's on oxygen while eating popcorn right above you.

I hate that too. Also the fact that many a times I am the only one who would ask/shout on such people to keep their trap shut. The rest of the people sit quietly with a couldn't care less attitude as if they are completley oblivious to the disturbance and I am the only one getting annoyed. :mad:

That is why I only like to go to the Drafthouse. There is a 0 tolerance policy for talkers and cell phone users. You get your butt thrown out.

Back