1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

:slap:slap:slap

I know part of the problem is Marvel reusing the costumes with minor adjustments. People always say 'why do they keep changing the costumes? is it just for toys?' Yes! for the sake of the toys- YES! :gah:

Well it is Thor :lol

Still Man crushing? :lol

Really can't blame him. I might even be...

One thing I noticed about the figure is the arms go into the figure and there's no "skin" on the torso which still leaves a possibility of exclusive armored arms...(I can still hope dammit).

Really can't blame him. I might even be...

One thing I noticed about the figure is the arms go into the figure and there's no "skin" on the torso which still leaves a possibility of exclusive armored arms...(I can still hope dammit).

He only used the armored arms when he went after the corrupted Iron Legion and we didn't even get to see the chase. All we saw was his return to the mansion where he got Tony in the choke hold.

They had at best one minute of screentime.

Also has them at the end of the movie when he's returning to search for more information.

Also has them at the end of the movie when he's returning to search for more information.

Whedon never liked the chainmail and it shows in AOU. I myself don't care for it and prefer his sleeveless look.

Whedon never liked the chainmail and it shows in AOU. I myself don't care for it and prefer his sleeveless look.

Liked the Armored look personally, made for some awesome scenes in the Original Thor movie and Avengers One.

Liked the Armored look personally, made for some awesome scenes in the Original Thor movie and Avengers One.

My problem with the armor is that its pointless. He's not stronger with it and he fights just as well without it. Its not like Cap's helmet that can save his life (When Cap takes off the helmet I just get annoyed).

Hawkeye's coat was a great addition to me because it protects his arms from injury. His sleeveless outfit makes no sense. He should always have the coat on and he needs some head gear.

Widow shouldn't be walking around without head gear either. But she looks better without it so that's that.

Meh, protection is protection. The point of armor isn't to be strong, it's to protect. Kind of hard to swing a mighty hammer if your arm has been injured.

Meh, protection is protection. The point of armor isn't to be strong, it's to protect. Kind of hard to swing a mighty hammer if your arm has been injured.

He's Asgardian though. He's virtually invulnerable without the armor. From what we've seen, he'd easily take a shot gun blast to the face and barely break a sweat. Heck, Hulk couldn't knock him out and he wasn't even wearing the armor.

It was actually his idea to lose the sleeves for reasons we never want to hear about from actors playing superheroes! Hearing Black Widow say she'd wring her socks out at the end of the day due to how hot it got is just not the imagery you want to have. :lol

lost the sleeves,” said Chris Hemsworth, who plays the jacked Asgardian Thor for a fourth time in Ultron. “It was too hot. There’s maybe one scene where we pay homage to [the classic look]. But [the sleeves] were ridiculously hot and uncomfortable.”

I have TDW Thor with the chainmail sleeves. He looks fantastic with them, as the figure in general is just great (I'd say the same about the EX that came without the sleeves); but I honestly don't mind either look. Had I not won TDW one, then I likely would've picked this one up without the sleeves. I mean, Iron Man and Cap can change their outfits all the time...so can most...Thor's costume changes from film to film are far less obvious (unless you hold up pictures side to side.)

They'll keep releasing him with upgraded paints and small adjustments because he's one of the main three, but that'll more or less be for huge fans of the character, or those who miss out on previous versions.

I.....like the armored sleeves cause I just love the look. XD

Thor doesn't need it but he still looks damn cool with it.

Does he need the helmet? No but same thing. It's about the aesthetic for me when it comes to displaying my figures.

Now what I thought was unnecessary was all the lights on Nat's costume.

I.....like the armored sleeves cause I just love the look. XD

Thor doesn't need it but he still looks damn cool with it.

Does he need the helmet? No but same thing. It's about the aesthetic for me when it comes to displaying my figures.

That's about aesthetics as well. They tried an all black suit but on screen it was hard to read. The point of having a skin tight suit it to show the curves. There's no other reason to do it. And with the straight black they felt, and since it's their work and their time and their money I'm cool with it, that the lights broke up her form a bit. And that it also showed where some of the power for her gadgets was at. That her costume wasn't (this is the story side) just some leather jumper but an actual costume/suit that had functions.

As for Caps helmet...if you have ever served in the military, especially in any combat or training area..you always wear your brain bucket. Cap above all else is a soldier. You never walk outside in uniform uncovered (military term for no hat/cover/head gear/helmet). So for him...it's mostly mandatory. And taking it off..also part of it. Lol I was always pulling my helmet off. Then having to throw it back on becuase someone gave me the stink eye. Even though most of the weapons people use the military helmet wouldn't protect against. But it's protocol. When we first went into Kuwait before we invaded and where setting things up and staging and whatnot we didn't have enough plate carriers for rveryone(military bullet proof vest) and a lot of us where wearing flak jackets. They got about a zero chance to actually stop any bullet. But, we had to wear them. Becuase that's what the orders where. Anyway...looking for rational explanations for armor and wardrobe and costumes is pointless, for the most part. Even the real life military wears crap that has no true function, a lot of its appearance and that's not even super hero stuff.

:exactly:
While I get they wanted a change, it has absolutely no function, unless the Avengers break down while driving and then they can use BW as a warning light to oncoming traffic :lol

well well looks like I made the right call getting the TDW thor. I think they lost some of the likeness with that new expression. Of course, some people will think this is better just because it's newer and shinier :lecture

Doubtful, but I would appreciate it if HT did an armored version too. This figure finally has all the elements with it: sculpt, costume, accessories, closed mouth. If they just gave us the armored arms it would make it a complete homerun. But they won't.

Just like a 70s Logan from DOFP. It would nail all the elements of a perfect Jackman Wolvie. But no, we get future Wolverine.

Last edited:

Doubtful, but I would appreciate it if HT did an armored version too. This figure finally has all the elements with it: sculpt, costume, accessories, closed mouth. If they just gave us the armored arms it make it complete. But they won't.

Just like a 70s Logan from DOFP. But no, we get future Wolverine.

Me too. I wouldn't hesitate if they did

I just want an armored sleeve version so I can avoid more rubber arms, quite frankly.

I'll stick with my plan to get the sleeved TDW Thor.

I was really hoping for an armored version but he really isn't armored that much in this movie so I see why we aren't getting one

I agree there. He was sleeveless for most of the movie, so it makes sense they went for the sleeveless look instead.

Back