1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if any of you are Disney parks fans like me but at d23 during the rides panel they showed footage of the new iron man ride, and it features a recoloured mk45.

Possible mark 46? Civil war goes up to 47? Probably not. But interesting either way.

I don't know if any of you are Disney parks fans like me but at d23 during the rides panel they showed footage of the new iron man ride, and it features a recoloured mk45.

Possible mark 46? Civil war goes up to 47? Probably not. But interesting either way.

The recoloured Mark XLV was probably a Mark XLVI... they look very similar.

image.jpg

I just watched AoU again and honestly can't think of anything really that cool that the 45 actually did in the movie. Its a sleeker mk43 essentially. I like it and will still get it for my IM collection but i wish it did something cool movie wise. How do u guys feel about the 45?

I just watched AoU again and honestly can't think of anything really that cool that the 45 actually did in the movie. Its a sleeker mk43 essentially. I like it and will still get it for my IM collection but i wish it did something cool movie wise. How do u guys feel about the 45?
Agreed ... it needed a signature moment or two.

I really wish the hulkbuster wasnt so expensive as that suit had a great moment in the film. I might have to find a way to sell and organ or 2 so i can get it.

The Mark 45 is actually my favorite armor. I do agree though, it didn't really do much in the movie that stood out.

I remember seeing a quick scene in one of the many TV spots, which must have been deleted because I don't remember seeing it in the movie. You see a whole bunch of Ultron drones flying through the air as a salvo of missiles blows them all up from behind, and then you see the Mark 45 fly through the smoke while doing like an aerial corkscrew maneuver. I don't know why that shot wasn't included in the movie because it looked really damn cool. That would have been a fantastic defining moment. For me anyway.

I prefer the Mk XLIII to the XLV actually, but I still got the XLV for my AoU collection and because I do think it's still a cool looking suit.

What I like most about this armor is that it more closely represents the classic natural muscle look of the red and gold iron man suit in the comics. Even though there is not as much yellow and it's not an exact iteration of that original design it still in my mind represents that look to me.

What I like most about this armor is that it more closely represents the classic natural muscle look of the red and gold iron man suit in the comics. Even though there is not as much yellow and it's not an exact iteration of that original design it still in my mind represents that look to me.

see your point, I personally like it as its a closest weve got to extremis, and that will always be the best Iron man suit ever conceived

I like the Mark 45 because it's a cool design regardless of what it did or didn't do. I like it enough to buy a small scale representation of it so I will be buying either the 1/6 or 1/4 version. Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree. The 45 is my favorite armor because of its cool design alone. Sure, it could have used more screen time or a defining moment (both of which I thought were deserved), but I took a strong liking to it the second it appeared on the screen. I'm definitely getting the 1/6 scale and possibly getting the 1/4 scale as well, as slippery of a slope that might be since we all know more 1/4 scale Iron Man suits are coming. [emoji38]

I love this Mark 45 for sure but my favorite will always be the Mark 3. That's why I need to have all the armors. One is never enough, the same with comics. :lol

From what i have seen though other than size the 1/4 45 doesn't look any different to warrant the extra money. The 43 on the other hand does look superior but i dont know since i have the 1/6 43.

From what i have seen though other than size the 1/4 45 doesn't look any different to warrant the extra money. The 43 on the other hand does look superior but i dont know since i have the 1/6 43.
I do agree that both scales of the 45 look nearly the same, but I like the 45 far too much for me to easily say no to getting both scales. I'm telling myself that a 1/4 scale 43 and 45 (my two favorites) will be all I get in 1/4 scale, but I'm terrified that my attitude will change if a 1/4 scale Mark 6 or Mark 7 ever drops. Being a die-hard Iron Man collector is far too expensive. [emoji38]

Back