1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hand guards are horrible:

attachment.php

0000447_combat-sports-mma-safety-sparring-gloves.jpeg

Rest looks nice.

I too think it looks pretty sweet, as does the company's Hulkbuster. It's the Hulk that leaves something to be desired, specifically its seeming lack of articulation other than maybe at the neck.

12039176_169363010069831_1406861813498470994_n.jpg

It's something I'd like to do. But I'd have to rent a truck and get half the collection out of storage. But I'd like to. If I can get my art of hot toys book approved that would be the time I'll do it. I don't think people get just how many figures there are. Lol I posted a set of pics of all the mms figures a while back. That's up to around 300 released so far. And there's around another 100 of other figures and vehicles and dios like mk3 const. It's a crap ton of stuff. Lol
You must have an incredible collection Motux :)

Motux, you've seen both the 1/6 and 1/4 in person, right? Which one has the "shiniest" paint job? From photos, it seems like the 1/6 has more of a glossy finish than the 1/4 does.

Motux, you've seen both the 1/6 and 1/4 in person, right? Which one has the "shiniest" paint job? From photos, it seems like the 1/6 has more of a glossy finish than the 1/4 does.

So far the 1/6 I think. Though there are two versions of both (at least) so far. I mean two unique prototypes, or one repainted, of each. But out of all the 1/6 had the single shiniest paint. One version of it. It looked almost anodized.

So far the 1/6 I think. Though there are two versions of both (at least) so far. I mean two unique prototypes, or one repainted, of each. But out of all the 1/6 had the single shiniest paint. One version of it. It looked almost anodized.

Well that's somewhat disappointing (to me, at least). I have the 1/4 on pre-order and not the 1/6, and I was hoping to get the most screen accurate version. But I imagine the 1/4 has more detail in the paint job? It seems to have more weathering, which is probably what's sacrificing the glossiness.

Anyways, I can only get one, and I'm trying to convince myself I made the better choice with the 1/4 over the 1/6 :dunno

There's no wrong choice. Both look great. And the way the prototypes are painted usually doesn't reflect the final product. I'd wait to see in hand before any real judgment.

Well that's somewhat disappointing (to me, at least). I have the 1/4 on pre-order and not the 1/6, and I was hoping to get the most screen accurate version. But I imagine the 1/4 has more detail in the paint job? It seems to have more weathering, which is probably what's sacrificing the glossiness.

Anyways, I can only get one, and I'm trying to convince myself I made the better choice with the 1/4 over the 1/6 :dunno

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. They are both well done figures. I do like the extra lighting and articulation on the 1/4, but I like that the 1/6 is diecast too! I think I'm going to stick with the 1/4. Superman, Batman & Iron Man are my favorites. I have the Enterbay 1/4 Batman, I'm waiting for the 1/4 DC Superman Exclusive statue, so I have to get the 1/4 Mark 45 to go with those guys!

I too think it looks pretty sweet, as does the company's Hulkbuster. It's the Hulk that leaves something to be desired, specifically its seeming lack of articulation other than maybe at the neck.

12039176_169363010069831_1406861813498470994_n.jpg

This looks great. Wish it was 1/6.

Anyone know the height of this thing?
Wonder if he can pass close to a 1/6 since HT is too tall to fit in a detolf.

Last edited:
Back