1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I much prefer the transparent arc reactor. This figure is coming out soon isn't it?

It's only worth £250 if I convert it from $, but all the UK sites have it for £300. Anyone know where I can get it at its actual retail??

UK retail generally includes the shipping, vat and import vat admin cost, on top of the base retail price.. so if you order direct, you will still generally pay close to the UK retail price, once you factor in the other charges.. If you pre-order from dealers in the Far East, you might get it cheaper, but there is generally no warranty, and the payment is often made so far in advance of receiving the goods, that you are not protected by PayPal or Credit Card companies' T&Cs.. caveat emptor.

Better have a frosted over arc reactor and eyes, way more accurate to the movie and helps it look decent when unlit and way better/less harsh when lit

Better have a frosted over arc reactor and eyes, way more accurate to the movie and helps it look decent when unlit and way better/less harsh when lit

I always thought about spraying a matte coat over those parts to diffuse the lights. They are ridiculously harsh

As requested from last night.

20030957996_b2cd3b7046_o.jpg

20062586071_7d1927b843_o.jpg

*not my pictures (99% sure I saved these 2 images from this thread)

Funny. At first glance it looked like there was an arc reactor/repulsor on the back of his head! LOL

I much prefer the transparent arc reactor. This figure is coming out soon isn't it?

It's only worth £250 if I convert it from $, but all the UK sites have it for £300. Anyone know where I can get it at its actual retail??

As do I.

UK retail generally includes the shipping, vat and import vat admin cost, on top of the base retail price.. so if you order direct, you will still generally pay close to the UK retail price, once you factor in the other charges.. If you pre-order from dealers in the Far East, you might get it cheaper, but there is generally no warranty, and the payment is often made so far in advance of receiving the goods, that you are not protected by PayPal or Credit Card companies' T&Cs.. caveat emptor.

:monkey4 :cuss :pow :thud: :newangel

The Five Stages of Grief Over European Taxation. :lol

waiting always sucks,but at least i have to time to copy some banknotes :lol

I paid for it in full up front. It is cheaper to do it that way on my local hobby shop. Cost me just $290 vs $350 if I just made a NRD.

So yeah the wait sucks... It's now probably the 2nd best armor in my book behind the MkVI. :D

doesnt matter here in germany ,amount is the same,mostly.sometimes you get a little discount for pre-order,but thats rare
I paid for it in full up front. It is cheaper to do it that way on my local hobby shop. Cost me just $290 vs $350 if I just made a NRD.

So yeah the wait sucks... It's now probably the 2nd best armor in my book behind the MkVI. :D

Yeah it's pretty common place. For this film and the companies to have anything ready within months of the release they had to use promo and early production stuff. That is often changed not only during the pre-pro but also during filming and then even with CG based characters(or enhanced) even changed during post production. The early production art had the gold on the fists. It made it to parts of the film and then all the close up hero shots where changed. But a few spots it didn't get changed.

Unless you want figures 2-4 years after a film hits theaters(for the early stuff), this can happen. All the 45 figures do have it, so you can tell it was a late change. And that all the companies had the same source material from marvel. Here's the art(from the art of book)for the suit and a quick pic of a screen grab where they didn't change the hands becuase it's so quick and so blurry you can hardly tell. And from the tower when he loads the Friday interface it looks like the hand guards are designed to have it there.

View attachment 217441

View attachment 217442

View attachment 217443

Here's concept artist Phil Saunders' original design for the Mk 45:

822c8b6dcaef31dd09884e6c461df641.jpg

And Josh Herman's 3D model overpainted by Saunders:

josh-herman-mk45after.jpg

You can clearly see a gold knuckle extension on both versions, with a scallop between each finger.

Carefully looking at footage like this:

It seems they're present in some shots, and in others it's got handguards more like the Mk III.

On balance I'd say with the gold is more accurate. That design is on screen at least some of the time, and it's true to the original designs. As to why the design changes on screen... :dunno

Overall I'm quite happy with how the SHF version came out, honestly.

jTLYVFN.jpg

It's missing the scallops, though.

No one has gotten that red shade quite right yet so I went with a little S.H.Figurarts instead.

The Comicave 1/4 scale looks the best yet but will probably cost an arm and a leg if it ever gets released.

Back