1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's pictures of that already.

Bottom line. There's a gap. You can futz it so it's not noticeable. Me posting pics of the gap and then pose it so you don't see it doesn't change anything. I've posted a bunch already

Watch budget Starks video. He does a good job showing the figure

Gap(budget stark video)

image.jpeg

Quick five second futz no gap

image.jpeg

If you are referring to the shoulder joint being on a pivot and a ball...and calling that "sliding" then this figure has a similar and upgraded feature. But that has no impact on the shoulder gaps.

Alright. Thanks. I guess sliding isn't the right term. I'm not really worried about the gap as it's needed for articulation, and doesn't look bad to me. I just wanted to know if i could adjust the shoulder height to my preference.

Yeah it's adjustable. And the arm has a mid point extender. Like how the legs on some figures can extend. The lower arm can be pulled and extended a little bit.

This figure has a lot more articulation then the mk7.

Yeah it's adjustable. And the arm has a mid point extender. Like how the legs on some figures can extend. The lower arm can be pulled and extended a little bit.

This figure has a lot more articulation then the mk7.

Alright cool, thanks. And just for clarity, this is the movement I'm referring to;
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yeah I figured it out. The ball joint for the shoulder is on an independent pivot. It's essentially a gimbal joint. The ball is fitted into a floating socket. The arm doesn't actually slide down or extend.

Maybe the shoulder gap is getting a little blown up. I know I've mentioned it. But I'm in the camp where I'd take less articulation if it meant no gap. I just hope for future marks they implement the same thing they used on the 1/4 scale 43. Basically a piece that filled up the negative space directly above the shoulder joint and underneath the shoulder pad that didn't hinder articulation.

Yeah I figured it out. The ball joint for the shoulder is on an independent pivot. It's essentially a gimbal joint. The ball is fitted into a floating socket. The arm doesn't actually slide down or extend.

Ah, alright that makes sense. Thanks.

I'd watch the end of budget Starks video. It has a full comp of the 45 and 43. This is a screen grab from Budget Starks video.

View attachment 266163

From all these photos it is a really nice looking figure, and an awesome Hot Toys Iron Man, but for some reason I've slowly lost my enthusiasm for it and am now preferring the look of the MK46. I've been eagerly waiting for and am enjoying all the great photos. I only planned on either getting one or the other. If these were still plastic I might have gotten both, but at $350 because of the Die-cast it's a bit much. HT did a nice job, but its the design of the armor itself. Plus nothing really memorable on screen with this armor, or even any new suiting up sequence makes it kinda forgettable as far as IM armors go. I liked the pictures of the prototype better. In HT revisions to make it look more accurate, it added some things I don't like. I never liked the MK 42/43, but this comparison photo makes me see all the things I don't like about the MK45 either and why. The picture does indeed make the head look smaller than it should be, and also having an extended neck. The shoulders look too narrow and of course the big gaps are very noticeable. The red thighs also make the legs look too thin, but that's just an illusion due to the design with the vents separating the leg. Mostly though, I cant get past the abdominal section. The horizontal lines going all the way down to the crotch (which the proto did not have) just makes it look like he has no pelvic area, just an extended abdomen all the way down. There's some other things but those are the main things I see I don't like. It's a nice sleek armor, but I'm very selective. I only have a few Iron Man's and buy the designs I really like, which I did with this at first. Again I think HT did a great job overall.

A lot of the things you have issue with will be the same on the 46. Especially the time. There's more time between when the 46 was shown and when it's scheduled to release then was between the same with the 45.

Back