1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are in the same boat then I didn't understand it either. But there's a couple spots where it shows how good the figure looks.

A lot of the things you have issue with will be the same on the 46. Especially the time. There's more time between when the 46 was shown and when it's scheduled to release then was between the same with the 45.

I liked both, but I thought I preferred the MK45 to the MK46 after it was shown by HT and even after seeing it on screen in the Civil War movie. It's the armor itself I've changed my mind on. From day one I disliked the MK42 and liked it a little better as the MK43 with more red than gold, but would never feel the want to own one. Even for a crazy deal like $100, I'd say no. My favorite armor is still the MK7 which I have both the reg (ex) and the BD version. I also have the orig MK2 & 3BD, as well as MK33 Silver Centurion & MK17 Heartbreaker. These (45 & 46) were the 1st 2 I've had any interest in buying since the MK7.

As far as similar issues, the only thing i see being carried over is the shoulder gaps. I'm fine with waiting till a figure is out. I don't have to be the 1st to own it, and without any exclusive thingy no reason to PO it. It won't sell out. I'm content with waiting to see in hand photo's 1st. And as far as how long between releases, unless they make some radical changes to the 46 like they did with the 45 crotch area I don't see why I wouldn't like it anymore..

I really like the pose in that video. For once, I might actually display an IM figure with the flight stand.

The wait for this guy is becoming more and more painful. Ugh. :lol

The mk46 is built on the mk45. That's my point. The prototype 46 has most of the same issues you dislike with the 45. Like the crotch section, the gaps, ect. Is it possible the 46 production figure changes some, sure. But I was just saying that the things you brought up as a dislike on the 45 are mostly there on the 46. Given the prototype is just a mk45 with a few tweaks. The prototype figure I mean.

The mk46 is built on the mk45. That's my point. The prototype 46 has most of the same issues you dislike with the 45. Like the crotch section, the gaps, ect. Is it possible the 46 production figure changes some, sure. But I was just saying that the things you brought up as a dislike on the 45 are mostly there on the 46. Given the prototype is just a mk45 with a few tweaks. The prototype figure I mean.

I don't think you see what I mean about the crotch area. There are 2 more extra lines etched onto the section making it look like the abs extend to his legs. They were not on the prototype. Here's a pic of prototype:

MK 45.jpg
Damn too small

Do you see what i mean? let me find a bigger photo

I know what you mean. What I'm saying is the 46 prototype has them.

The mk46 prototype is an altered mk45 production figure

I know what you mean. What I'm saying is the 46 prototype has them.

The mk46 prototype is an altered mk45 production figure

Neither proto 45 or 46 has them. are you saying it will be changed in the 46 just like they changed it on the 45?

Unless they change something the 46 looks like it will not have the same huge shoulder gaps. I will wait for in Han pictures before ordering the 46 just to be sure.

Neither proto 45 or 46 has them. are you saying it will be changed in the 46 just like they changed it on the 45?

No, I'm saying there is no "crotch" section on either. It's all one piece, in appearance. And that the mk46 is built on the mk45, in the same vein as the mk6 is built on the mk4.

Here's the chest and back of the 46. It's just a tweaked 45. If you don't like the 45 as a suit, and this is my point, the chances you will like the 46 is low. They are the same bones just dressed up a little different
image.jpeg

Stupid little photo.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Unless they change something the 46 looks like it will not have the same huge shoulder gaps. I will wait for in Han pictures before ordering the 46 just to be sure.

From the way the Proto is posed you couldn't tell anyway. I can take 500 pictures of the mk45 and you couldn't see the gaps. It's all in how it's posed

From the way the Proto is posed you couldn't tell anyway. I can take 500 pictures of the mk45 and you couldn't see the gaps. It's all in how it's posed

No its the vertical lines in the crotch area.

Untitled.jpg

Those are both the MK45. Left is proto right is final.

The ab lines extend further down than the proto and looks odd

No its the vertical lines in the crotch area.

View attachment 266294

Those are both the MK45. Left is proto right is final.

The ab lines extend further down than the proto and looks odd

That was a reply to the shoulder gaps comment.

I got what your saying. They added a line. It's still the same size. It has an added line. its still the same piece.

Again, if you don't like the mk45 production then the mk46, which is based on the mk45 production, I don't see why you assume it's going to be better.

Thai is going nowhere. My point was and is, the mk46 figure is a tweaked mk45. If ou don't like the mk45 production figure then you are going to probably not like the mk46 production figure. In the same way the mk4/6 and mk42/43 are the same base so are the mk45/46.

That's all I m saying.

Last edited:
That was a reply to the shoulder gaps comment.

I got what your saying. They added a line. It's still the same size. It has an added line. its still the same piece.

Again, if you don't like the mk45 production then the mk46, which is based on the mk45 production, I don't see why you assume it's going to be better.

Neither 45 or 46 show the extended lines in the prototype ab armor section. Just because they added it to the 45 why does that mean HT will change the 46 as well?
MK45 v MK46 ab.jpg

Back