1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing wrong with it is that it emphasises the 'shinto priest' side of his character rather than the impish side. Apart from that it looks great, considering it's a figure rather than a prop replica. i get mine tomorrow so maybe i'll change my mind but i think he looks great.

I wonder if the yoda in the ESB was able to still weld a light saber if he had too. He still had the strength to lift the x wing. Could he have had the power to yield the bolts like he did in ROTS :dunno

I know come ROTJ he was way too old

I wonder if the yoda in the ESB was able to still weld a light saber if he had too. He still had the strength to lift the x wing. Could he have had the power to yield the bolts like he did in ROTS :dunno

I know come ROTJ he was way too old

Yeah at 900 Yoda is still spry but at 901 he's on his death bed.

Not that it matters , why are people having a beef about the long hair, Yoda in the ESB and ROTJ was always designed to be a muppet with barely any focus to his backside. :lecture

But if it bugs some people, I'm sure wetting the rooted hair in the back or using gel could smooth it out more :lecture

they used too much hair, I agree.

But rooted is better than either sculpted or none, in this case.

:exactly:

It was a nice surprise they did it.

The eyes are well off.

I agree, they look a bit too squinted. Also they are both identical in shape, while in the screen shots you can see that the left eye opening is different.

The eyes onscreen kind of sag downward on the outer parts of the face, really part of his character, whereas the HT head has them symmetrical and level, making him almost looking a bit Asian. The drooped eyes are what gives him the wizened natural look - without it he looks younger.

This is not a great yoda sculpt. The closed eye head is probably the best 1/6 yoda rehearsed so far, relatively speaking.

Agreed on the closed-eye sculpt being best. Unfortunately Yoda has become like Luke - the best sculpts ever done of them are in "only like that for a short while" looks - the closed-eyes HT Yoda and HT BD Luke Bespin head.

But otherwise it's a major dissapointment. This could have been astounding. It's like they ignored the structure of the screen puppet entirely.

I'm more in the middle with this one (I really like it some pics) so couldn't call it a major disappointment, but it's certainly an opportunity lost. Yoda's one of those SW characters where I've never seen his onscreen likeness fully captured in any scale. Not a single figure or collectible totally nails him, despite some coming somewhat close. Very, very difficult look to capture.

If HT had nailed it the way they did with old Han and Leia it would have been incredible - this Yoda joins the likes of HT Luke and HT Ben; unbelievably lifelike, super detailed and gorgeously painted, but likeness only middling to decent.

Couple of quickies. The only nit I have so far is I'd like more neck mobility tilting upward but I'm pretty sure I can get the same effect with the waist joint. I love the hair. Maybe it suffers in macro but IRL at the this tiny size it gives a good impression of the scraggly puppet hair.

View attachment 334648

View attachment 334649

Your bottom pic just confirmed that his robe can indeed be pulled down enough to look proper. Figured/hoped as much since I didn't want to have to settle on a seated pose.
Is the material stretchy, or able to be stretched a bit without damaging it? Just wondering if I'd be able to make his robe a little longer without having to resort to the sewing kit?

The robe can absolutely be manipulated in combination with the figure, such as arching its body, or manipulating the head, which will give you even more ability to bring the robe down. The mechanics of the figure really are quite good. You'll be surprised at what you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know he actually has a load of hair on the back of his head so HT designed it right..just needs to wet down and sparsed

Hot Toys added on Yoda "Hair" is too thick. Should be much more wispy. It may have been better to have had no hair and allow one to add some via some cotton fibers.

Dungeon master classic. almost reminds me of yoda as I have that series on dvd
Not as good as this Yoda
65444304291b1ef561004bdb666b397e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Your bottom pic just confirmed that his robe can indeed be pulled down enough to look proper. Figured/hoped as much since I didn't want to have to settle on a seated pose.
Is the material stretchy, or able to be stretched a bit without damaging it? Just wondering if I'd be able to make his robe a little longer without having to resort to the sewing kit?

This is about as far down as it wants to sit with no alteration. I imagine a careful water treatment will get it lower if you want. I'd use a dropper in this case and avoid the intentionally "frayed" sections of the robe. I wouldn't want to douse the whole figure and have the frayed bits droop and make big holes.

y48.jpg

Can't add much to the wonderful pics that have been posted here but here's a couple of quick and dirty shots to show what's possible using the old Hasbro double pack:
yoda and luke.jpg
yodaonhasbrobody.jpg

The 'Force' head doesn't exactly fit in the Hasbro body but with a bit if work could be made to stay there.

Can't add much to the wonderful pics that have been posted here but here's a couple of quick and dirty shots to show what's possible using the old Hasbro double pack:
View attachment 335298
View attachment 335299

The 'Force' head doesn't exactly fit in the Hasbro body but with a bit if work could be made to stay there.

:lol " Close eyes I must..elongated hands I have "

Actually I think its just to much hair....

Hes pretty bald in ESB....

Just get out a tweezer and start pulling out like 50% of the back hair....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back