1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

I don't think the plastic IM are stopping Doll. If this turns out to be the worst, QC ridden, HT IM figure ever, then it is what it is. There are people who do want this.

Kinda sounds like you want this to fail.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

I for one welcome a Diecast Iron Man fig. I'm curious to see how HT does it. The previous HT Iron Man figs have all had their flaps and shoulder joints in plastic that can break.
Anyone who owns the Tamashii 3PO knows how cool it is to have a metal figure of an actual metal character.

That's one thing that I might miss on an IM figure. All the moveable bells & whistles. Maybe if this line has a future, they might include them on future diecast figures. You know, when they're like $500 :lol

Nah, not me. Bring in on a solid build and hefty figure.

The problem is we don't know how solid and hefty it really is. The specs say "Contains die-cast material".

I for one welcome a Diecast Iron Man fig. I'm curious to see how HT does it. The previous HT Iron Man figs have all had their flaps and shoulder joints in plastic that can break.
Anyone who owns the Tamashii 3PO knows how cool it is to have a metal figure of an actual metal character.

If Tamashii were making this i would have a little more faith in the quality. I have a feeling HT will be cutting corners somehow.

3PO was priced 100 dollars more too so..

I have a feeling HT will be cutting corners somehow.
Sadly, I wouldn't be overly surprised. Be really disappointing. I really wanted the 'Play Imaginative' IM MkVII, but it's like $450 at BBTS, & shipping is around $170. That's like $620, & then there's possible import taxes ..... :gah:

So here I am, with my pre order for the Iron Patriot placed.

Edit: I think the 'Play Imaginative' might be the diecast IM figure to own (at least 88% diecast? Nice), but it's simply on the pricey side.

outside of people going "huh that's neat" once or twice i don't think anyone was regularly making use any of them. the plastic figures felt (and where) way too fragile to make most of the incorporated gimmicks "fun" or practical
they only ever served to make the figures more fragile or annoying (hip pods ahoy!)

Well, best of luck to you with chipping diecast then....

Look, for all you guys that have a "Hard On" for die-cast Ironmans, Endoskeletons, and whatever this will start a chain reaction for with Hot Toys, I've been collecting action figures all my life(we're talking well over 40 years), and I've had metal figures before.

They're not going to be the ultimate perfect replacement for plastic figures you think. They will only come with their own set of problems, consider moisture (yes, rust) on the paint job and the metal, the weight of the figure, what will happen if that figure ever falls to the floor, the wielding or whatever process needed to put the pieces together (what will it look like), cost, wear, or how they going to meld plastic parts with the die-cast parts.

Joints also, Lot more pressure on joints, and humanoid figures, those joints get loose, fall over, enjoy your broken figure.

That's it, I'm done. I'm just buying one of these for $63, I can BE Iron Patriot:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MEN11393&mode=retail

MEN11393.jpg

outside of people going "huh that's neat" once or twice i don't think anyone was regularly making use any of them. the plastic figures felt (and where) way too fragile to make most of the incorporated gimmicks "fun" or practical
they only ever served to make the figures more fragile or annoying (hip pods ahoy!)

as far as being lazy. most of those gimmicks and details where just that in the line. carrier overs from existing molds being reused again in "new" figures.

at this point nobody is sure what details the actual IP armor does have in the movie and does not. it could simply be a case of there is nothing else TO add to it in the way of gimmicks.

statue with articulation is an oxymoron btw

I really think that with Mark 7 Iron man, HT tried to address theses issues. If you look at all the parts, most of the 'opening' panels are removable sculpted pieces. Which is fine with me as long as it looks the part. The shoulder pods, leg missiles and swap out arms probably make it a lot more durable and sturdy.

Thats why i was so looking forward to IM3 cause i was expecting them to implement all their engineering techniques into the new armors and deliver something really crazy. Like Mark 2 armor unleashed x10

When I see this Diecast figure, its like they've done away with all of that. Its a completely generic mold of a figure. The metal doesn't bother me. The design is too simple.

helmet head looks like an egg and where's the shoulder cannon? :thud: :lol

Look, for all you guys that have a "Hard On" for die-cast Ironmans, Endoskeletons, and whatever this will start a chain reaction for with Hot Toys, I've been collecting action figures all my life(we're talking well over 40 years), and I've had metal figures before.

They're not going to be the ultimate perfect replacement for plastic figures you think. They will only come with their own set of problems, consider moisture (yes, rust) on the paint job and the metal, the weight of the figure, what will happen if that figure ever falls to the floor, the wielding or whatever process needed to put the pieces together (what will it look like), cost, wear, or how they going to meld plastic parts with the die-cast parts.

And for you collectors that like to keep your collections consistent, are you going to sell off your entire plastic figure set and replace them with the new more expensive Die-Cast ones? Are you going to be happy that the die-Cast figures (because of the higher price) will come with little to no accessories?

Everyone really needs to think things over before you blindly put in your pre-orders and give Hot Toys the green light to go Metal on everything they can adapt it to, and raise their already increasing prices even more. Let them know, stay plastic or lose sales

I don't think the plastic IM are stopping Doll. If this turns out to be the worst, QC ridden, HT IM figure ever, then it is what it is. There are people who do want this.

Kinda sounds like you want this to fail.

:exactly: i respect your opinion there doll, but i'm happy with this iron patriot figure, regard less of the issue for it. diecast or not,its one of the figures(not the PPS) on my list for this year.another reason i'm buyin it,is the any other company right now offering a 1/6th iron patriot figure?

for the question for selling off entire plastic ironman figures, no i won't sell it off, i'm really happy what i have right now..will only buy the ones that i missed out on, like the mark3, if ht were to produce a newly updated version of the armor regardless of it being a plastic or diecast, i would buy it rather than pay crazy price for the old version on ebay.

i'm not livin at states btw :wave thats why i have to PO it now from my local seller here, if i have to wait for the release of the figure, i might pay it much expensive above the retail price or maybe if i'm not lucky enough, i won't get it.

I really think that with Mark 7 Iron man, HT tried to address theses issues. If you look at all the parts, most of the 'opening' panels are removable sculpted pieces. Which is fine with me as long as it looks the part. The shoulder pods, leg missiles and swap out arms probably make it a lot more durable and sturdy.

Thats why i was so looking forward to IM3 cause i was expecting them to implement all their engineering techniques into the new armors and deliver something really crazy. Like Mark 2 armor unleashed x10

When I see this Diecast figure, its like they've done away with all of that. Its a completely generic mold of a figure. The metal doesn't bother me. The design is too simple.

but, at the end of the day you have to ask if that's a problem of the movie its based on or hot toys themselves or a little of both (as is usually the case)

they can only offer what is in the movie and what the studio signs off on. it may be a case of there just being nothing else of value to add to it.

I want this figure but the $300 price tag is just insane.

:exactly:

My point exactly. They have stepped it up with each figure and the Mark VII has some amazing features so when I see this figure come out, for $310 with NO features and not even a seperate head sculpt, it's as they took a step back and were just lazy.

Won't be picking this one up, will consider the Mark 42 once the official pictures release but so far I'm not liking how they're treating this line. They can't even give us a more specific details regarding how much of this figure is actually metal.

Totally agree. I can't take this outside in my backyard and play in my sandbox with it like I can with my Tonka toys and other HT figures.

Ha. Hahahaha. Finished?

Metal edges against metal will inevitably chip.

Btw, looking back at the IP pictures, I have some doubts that the stand will be able to hold patriot in flight poses...unsure if that plastic rod is strong enough to hold the weight of a diecast figure, which i think would be at least 1.5x heaver than a plastic figure. Just a thought...

:exactly:

My point exactly. They have stepped it up with each figure and the Mark VII has some amazing features so when I see this figure come out, for $310 with NO features and not even a seperate head sculpt, it's as they took a step back and were just lazy.

Won't be picking this one up, will consider the Mark 42 once the official pictures release but so far I'm not liking how they're treating this line. They can't even give us a more specific details regarding how much of this figure is actually metal.

You're incorrect, if you look at the preview photos it clearly shows two heads, one with the face and one that lights up.

[IMG="https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/601122_10151329018772344_806798277_n.jpg"]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/601122_10151329018772344_806798277_n.jpg[/IMG]

527663_10151329018897344_419964886_n.jpg

Ha. Hahahaha. Finished?

Metal edges against metal will inevitably chip.

who says there is metal against metal? most of the diecast figures i have had have taken this into account and been created with the appropriate clearances for the added articulation points.

on the same end painted plastic finishes will inevitably scrap and wear from friction.

Back