1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

Knowing Hot Toys, they would use the same mold but it made in plastic.

Doubting a plastic version though.

Well, if its the same mold, then we might get the plastic version if HT kind enough to do so.

If not, then we can all waiting and hope for plastic MMS or buy this one later for crazy pricetag.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

Come on guys, this is the natural progression. Are you gonna sit there and say you wouldn't like to see what Hot Toys could do with diecast Iron Men? This is what high end collectibles are made for: outlandishly priced pieces that look like they came out of a museum!

We've seen them milk all previous Iron Man appearances in plastic anyway. Thankfully I have no desire to grab the IM42(or whatever lol) but why not if you're a freak for Iron Man? At least this one has a bit more individuality to it given the comic book origin and of course the color scheme.

I'm still going to call this Chipmonger. If I do get this, he might as well be a statue because I ain't moving him. Beautiful piece though.

Totally agree. I can't take this outside in my backyard and play in my sandbox with it like I can with my Tonka toys and other HT figures.

:lol

Wow, after paying $270 for Luke recently, this one's just making me laugh.
Well, if at least they got the bulkiness right, I would've been okay with $300.

Lack of accessories, bad proportions (just look at that RT), at a price over $300.
Pass, sadly. I was actually looking forward to this MMS release. :(

And is it just me, or do the details seem toned down, being moulded
on metal?

The figure also doesn't seem to reflect light that good. Screams die-cast toy.

Yeah it doesn't look as detailed to me either.

I'm getting this but only if the finished version looks better, seriously is that the same rhodey head from mk2 unleashed?
I would also like to know why he isn't the right color? Iron patriot is supposed to be mostly red with blue and white, not mostly blue.
Still want this though as i don't have a very good IM collection as i missed out on mk3, 4, 6, and WM.

No Die-cast, vote with your money fellows. I am.

If they decide to do a MMS plastic version cheaper, and more accessores later, I'll buy.

And is it just me, or do the details seem toned down, being moulded on metal?
Yeah it doesn't look as detailed to me either.
Maybe it's the lack of functioning parts that make it seem less detailed. I kinda want HT to add functioning, moveable parts to the figure (like their plastic IM), but not sure if they are even considering doing something like that.

I'm getting this but only if the finished version looks better, seriously is that the same rhodey head from mk2 unleashed?
I would also like to know why he isn't the right color? Iron patriot is supposed to be mostly red with blue and white, not mostly blue.
Still want this though as i don't have a very good IM collection as i missed out on mk3, 4, 6, and WM.

Iron Patriot is also Norman Osborn, so there will be some movie-comic differences

Maybe it's the lack of functioning parts that make it seem less detailed. I kinda want HT to add functioning, moveable parts to the figure (like their plastic IM), but not sure if they are even considering doing something like that.

It's less detailed due to it being metal. Isn't it easier to embed smaller detail into a plastic mold rather onto a metal surface?

Will be skipping out on this one. Might pick up Loki instead and wait for the Mark 42 to come out. Really praying they pull some miracle and actually release a plastic one down the line.

No Die-cast, vote with your money fellows. I am.

If they decide to do a MMS plastic version cheaper, and more accessores later, I'll buy.

Considering how BBTS sold out within a day, I think it's safe to say "you guys" won't make a difference:dunno

At first, I was also thinking of waiting for a plastic version, but by going by what the MK VII goes for, I really don't see them bothering with one just so they can price it at a $25-50 less price point than this already is. Or at least, not within another couple of years at the minimum, so I figured I'd just get this now and worry about any future releases whenever/if that happens. This IS my most favorite looking movie armor so why not.

Last edited:

It's less detailed due to it being metal. Isn't it easier to embed smaller detail into a plastic mold rather onto a metal surface?

Will be skipping out on this one. Might pick up Loki instead and wait for the Mark 42 to come out. Really praying they pull some miracle and actually release a plastic one down the line.

Only if the diecast version don't sell well, then HT may release the plastic version. But if the diecast sells, then probably no more plastic versions of the Iron Man.

I also preordered. Again, a beautiful piece. But if this starts showing issues early on, I can always cancel.

This board really needs a poll in hopes that the execs at HT can see how their fan base is reacting to this change.

I also preordered. Again, a beautiful piece. But if this starts showing issues early on, I can always cancel.

This board really needs a poll in hopes that the execs at HT can see how their fan base is reacting to this change.

I don't think it'll matter. Forums users are just a small percentage and like I mentioned earlier, all you have to do is see how fast people are PO'ing at various places and for as much complaining as people have done here, this figure is hot.

It's an exciting time! Think of all the new QC issues we get to sort out. :rotfl

I have to see what a full metal IM figure looks like in hand though, sorry guys!

I'm honestly surprised people are pulling the trigger on this so fast. I PO'd it on BBTS only because of their no cancel fee but this is Hot Toys we're talking about.

A company who has QC issues in their regular Iron Man plastic line which has been going on for a while now. This is their first Diecast Iron Man figure. Will have QC issues no doubt.

I am going to hold off on committing to anything until after i see the movie and see what else HT releases.

I have enough points with SS to cut the price of this to under $200, but if i had to only choose one armor from what i have seen so far it would be the Heartbreaker.

I was planning on buying 3 or 4 from this movie (big IM fan) but with the die-cast experiment, it will be only one.........maybe.

Looking at the pics again, I'm not sure how much more detailed a plastic version would be, other than functioning moveable parts. Looks pretty detailed when you compare it too the plastic IM.

Yea i dont see the fuss about the details; looks as detailed as it could be already (externally). Now if we're talking about the internal details, then I could see where you're coming from.

am I the only one who thinks its strange that people are constantly complaining about rising prices and yet jumped on this the second it came out? doesn't it just show that when it comes to these figures and their customers, HT sees that money is no object?

granted I've only been collecting for a little over a year but there has to be a point when you stop and say, is $300 justifiable anymore for a 1/6 scale figure? I love HT and what they do, my first ever figure was the FA Captain America for $180 and I thought it was amazing, definitely worth the money

did I miss something where everybody said enough with these plastic IM figures, we want diecast? the fact that HT is selling this figure solely on the basis that it is diecast and offering us nothing else in term of what we get for our money

then again maybe I don't see what's so special about diecast on a figure in the first place, I have dozens of 1/24 scale diecast cars that go for around $60 dollars apiece that are relatively the same size as this figure

its just the hot toys cycle kicking in

initial excitement upon announcement
backlash and fear mongering over QC and price
critiques over sculpts and likenesses based on a few photos
preoders canceled

then the "other cycle" starts once the figure becomes close to release which is its own sorted mess

Last edited:
Back