1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

Then again Mk VII is $250 where Mk VI was $210. If each figure is around 20% more expensive than the one that preceded it, then that takes the next iteration to $300.

I'm not convinced accessories adds much to the price point. Selina Kyle comes with a sidearm and a few switch-out hands and still commands a near-$200 MSRP. People in that thread seem to be convincing themselves that it's ok to pay it because they imagine how much more it'd cost with additional accessories. My take is that a pearl necklace or whatever else they could've included wouldn't have affected the MSRP much if at all.
That's why it annoys me that they left out so much for this figure.
It's one thing to make it diecast and make it cost more but why did they cut back on the accessories and features on the figure when this might replace the plastic MMS?

They couldn't have even made the back calve armor open like the previous mark suits?

It went from being a MMS figure with a lot of accessories and features to a figure with bits of metal with NO accessories and NO features with a higher price point. Why are people trying to justify it?
And it has nothing to do with if you can afford it or not, it's more of a matter of getting more bang for your buck.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

How much do you think that plastic version would cost? The price for Tony Stark and DX T2 BD shows HT prices are escalating again. You're mistaken about the cost being a result of material change. This is normal price increase akin to most HT releases. The die cast is just an added bonus. In fact. HT was wrong to call this anything else than a standard mms.

I know would make more sense if they just do the diecast MMS suits and thats it, personally I don't even care about the price.. I'm worried about the articulation, this is still supossed to be a figure

Where do you see this? I don't see this on their fb page or the community page.

He means this:
430589_10151307054452344_518969104_n.jpg

157028_10151329019007344_1220838855_n.jpg

(pretty cheap on their part) but how much is it going to change lol

Im not too fussed that this is Diecast. it still looks great and besides im not big on iron man lines so the odd diecast one doesn't bother me. I also don't pose my figs to much i keep them in a natural neutral museum style pose.

He means this:

Im not too fussed that this is Diecast. it still looks great and besides im not big on iron man lines so the odd diecast one doesn't bother me. I also don't pose my figs to much i keep them in a natural neutral museum style pose.

Wow they actually were that lazy to pull that? They couldn't simply take a picture of the figures back when they took 20 pictures of the front? :lol

That's why it annoys me that they left out so much for this figure.
It's one thing to make it diecast and make it cost more but why did they cut back on the accessories and features on the figure when this might replace the plastic MMS?

They couldn't have even made the back calve armor open like the previous mark suits?

It went from being a MMS figure with a lot of accessories and features to a figure with bits of metal with NO accessories and NO features with a higher price point. Why are people trying to justify it?
And it has nothing to do with if you can afford it or not, it's more of a matter of getting more bang for your buck.

who says there are flaps to open on the IP armor in the movie to begin with? most people will be fine with it because they rarely if ever used any of the extra accessories to begin with.

hope that cannon moves to either side of the shoulder, not only stays there(most of the pics shows its only on his right shoulder)

Ordered.

Message ain't too short.

who says there are flaps to open on the IP armor in the movie to begin with? most people will be fine with it because they rarely if ever used any of the extra accessories to begin with.
Was there a poll somewhere that stated hardly anyone uses it?

That's not the point. It's the fact that they simply just said "Let's make it a statue that has articulation with nothing else and charge $310 for it."

Why did they bother putting all the small little details into the other mark suits then when people "rarely" ever use them? Why not treat the other past suits the way they are with this one?
Yes, there is no 100% confirmation that this has it but come on, please point to me a mark suits that doesn't have some kind of feature of it's own. Every mark suit has had it's own thing, even the original War Machine with it's Ex Wife and right shoulder pop up missile thingy.
Can you imagine what those figures would be without these features?

I'm stating that it looks they're getting more lazy. Look at what was just posted. They even reused another products image to pass it off as this figure. :slap

What sucks is that if there really is no plastic figure coming out, people will have to resource to paying for this and Hot Toys will continue to think it's okay to just raise the price since they have us by the ***** in this market.

It'll be ****ing silver and gold plated figs next with diamond encrusted buttholes and nipples.

I'm passing on this because of price alone. There isn't much HT figures I will be buying this year after I complete the Avengers line.

It'll be ****ing silver and gold plated figs next with diamond encrusted buttholes and nipples.

they are saving that for the Clooney batman figures :rotfl

That's not the point. It's the fact that they simply just said "Let's make it a statue that has articulation with nothing else and charge $310 for it."

Why did they bother putting all the small little details into the other mark suits then when people "rarely" ever use them? Why not treat the other past suits the way they are with this one?
Yes, there is no 100% confirmation that this has it but come on, please point to me a mark suits that doesn't have some kind of feature of it's own. Every mark suit has had it's own thing, even the original War Machine with it's Ex Wife and right shoulder pop up missile thingy.

I'm stating that it looks they're getting more lazy. Look at what was just posted. They even reused another products image to pass it off as this figure. :slap

What sucks is that if there really is no plastic figure coming out, people will have to resource to paying for this and Hot Toys will continue to think it's okay to just raise the price since they have us by the ***** in this market.

I don't think this figure just has what we see in the pictures, that would be beyond retarded. Maybe they just rushed to show the prototype they'll post more pics in time, but... I could be wrong HT can do stupid and unpredictable stuff sometimes

outside of people going "huh that's neat" once or twice i don't think anyone was regularly making use any of them. the plastic figures felt (and where) way too fragile to make most of the incorporated gimmicks "fun" or practical
they only ever served to make the figures more fragile or annoying (hip pods ahoy!)

as far as being lazy. most of those gimmicks and details where just that in the line. carrier overs from existing molds being reused again in "new" figures.

at this point nobody is sure what details the actual IP armor does have in the movie and does not. it could simply be a case of there is nothing else TO add to it in the way of gimmicks.

statue with articulation is an oxymoron btw

Last edited:

He means this:

This just proves that the plastic figure is virtually indistinguishable ! HT themselves admit it :slap

I mean unless you're gonna juggle them or something :lol

This just proves that the plastic figure is virtually indistinguishable ! HT themselves admit it :slap

I mean unless you're gonna juggle them or something :lol

Sure they may look the same. But I'd rather pick up a figure and feel its heft than think 'ah. damn, cheap plastic'. It's IRON MAN for the love of god. Not plastic man. In fact, I remember being EXTREMELY dissappointed with how flimsy and fragile the original mark III was (my first IM purchase) back when I bought it. It felt like it wasn't worth what I had paid but oh well... that was the only way to own IM in 1/6 at the time. Since then we've all convinced ourselves that they fragile nature was ok.

Nah, not me. Bring in on a solid build and hefty figure.

Look, for all you guys that have a "Hard On" for die-cast Ironmans, Endoskeletons, and whatever this will start a chain reaction for with Hot Toys, I've been collecting action figures all my life(we're talking well over 40 years), and I've had metal figures before.

They're not going to be the ultimate perfect replacement for plastic figures you think. They will only come with their own set of problems, consider moisture (yes, rust) on the paint job and the metal, the weight of the figure, what will happen if that figure ever falls to the floor, the wielding or whatever process needed to put the pieces together (what will it look like), cost, wear, or how they going to meld plastic parts with the die-cast parts.

And for you collectors that like to keep your collections consistent, are you going to sell off your entire plastic figure set and replace them with the new more expensive Die-Cast ones? Are you going to be happy that the die-Cast figures (because of the higher price) will come with little to no accessories?

Everyone really needs to think things over before you blindly put in your pre-orders and give Hot Toys the green light to go Metal on everything they can adapt it to, and raise their already increasing prices even more. Let them know, stay plastic or lose sales

^
we get it, you can afford to buy every 300 dollar figure.

Back