1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

Btw, looking back at the IP pictures, I have some doubts that the stand will be able to hold patriot in flight poses...unsure if that plastic rod is strong enough to hold the weight of a diecast figure, which i think would be at least 1.5x heaver than a plastic figure. Just a thought...
Why wouldn't it be able to hold it up standing?

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

:exactly:

My point exactly. They have stepped it up with each figure and the Mark VII has some amazing features so when I see this figure come out, for $310 with NO features and not even a seperate head sculpt, it's as they took a step back and were just lazy.

Won't be picking this one up, will consider the Mark 42 once the official pictures release but so far I'm not liking how they're treating this line. They can't even give us a more specific details regarding how much of this figure is actually metal.

It does feature a separate head sculpt. Maybe you missed the photo.

527663_10151329018897344_419964886_n.jpg

601122_10151329018772344_806798277_n.jpg

Unfortunately Hot Toys has got me by the ***** on this metal figure line. Since I started collecting their IM Mk's I have always desired to feel the heft and the weight of an actual iron man! This adds to the realness of thes figures even more (perfect example DX10). So I will wait for a metal MK3 to come out and it will be the last time I drop a dime on anything Hot Toys Ironman. Bang for buck ratio is getting out of hand. I just hope the prices dont increase too much between now and then.

Why wouldn't it be able to hold it up standing?

Erm, i mentioned "in-flight" poses. I know standing would be just fine..

Erm, i mentioned "in-flight" poses. I know standing would be just fine..
Why would you think it would hold it up in a flight pose in the first place?

When has Hot Toys ever cared enough to even consider giving us a stand that enables us to pose it in a flight mode?

It's not like the character flies or anything..:lol

Seriously though, a flight stand is beyond over due for this line.

It does feature a separate head sculpt. Maybe you missed the photo.

No I didn't miss it. I'm talking about a head sculpt of Don himself. Not the front of his face glued into the helmet.

who says there is metal against metal? most of the diecast figures i have had have taken this into account and been created with the appropriate clearances for the added articulation points.
So it will be inaccurate?

on the same end painted plastic finishes will inevitably scrap and wear from friction.
Ironically, plastic tends to last longer under those circumstances. It doesn't take much to chip paint of metal, even with the best preparation.

Why would you think it would hold it up in a flight pose in the first place?

When has Hot Toys ever cared enough to even consider giving us a stand that enables us to pose it in a flight mode?

It's not like the character flies or anything..:lol

Seriously though, a flight stand is beyond over due for this line.

No I didn't miss it. I'm talking about a head sculpt of Don himself. Not the front of his face glued into the helmet.

well they have pics of him in flight mode, so HT wouldn't lie about us being able to hold up the figure in flight mode right? :lol

oh wel,l, i'm just keeping mine in a boring side-to-arms stance anyway, but just a concern if i do get bored with ground poses some time in the future.

How do they still get the proportions wrong?

4001082135file932529.jpg

581586_10151329018682344_229300320_n.jpg

Die Cast = Higher cost, "0" accessories. Great trade-off Hot Toys! :cuckoo:

I have to say i wont be getting this i hate the look

Awful lot of hate for a figure :rotfl

Any idea what is die cast vs not die cast on the figure?

Maybe i should have said the colours i like the new war machine design and i will get that when released its just this red white and blue looks tackey to me

So it will be inaccurate?

no, not necessarily. plastic already sacrifice accuracy for functionality in places. its no different here. its what the design portion take into account when breaking these guys into an articulated figures. something will always have to change or be altered to accommodate movement. it will be no more accurate or inaccurate then any other material.

Ironically, plastic tends to last longer under those circumstances. It doesn't take much to chip paint of metal, even with the best preparation.

not in my experience. painted plastic will always scrap, scratch and show wear much sooner then metal under normal wear conditions (handling, moisture, finger nails, skin oils etc). it depends on how much it has been handled as to how soon it will show...but its inevitable it will with painted plastics. the only determining factor is how ofter and how its handled

Not yet. The Play Imaginative IMs are 390 bucks. I don't know why everyone is breaking out the fainting couch and clutching their pearls.

AH.....Die Cast Threepio is bad a$$, if a Mark suit is close to that it'll be worth $300 IMO.

Are people complaining this much about chipping for that metal C-3PO figure too? I have a bunch of die-cast SOC Combiners, Masterpiece Voltron, and Transformers and I've never had die-cast chip :dunno

Silly question here...the mold for plastic and die-cast figure can be the same or different mold?

Silly question here...the mold for plastic and die-cast figure can be the same or different mold?
Knowing Hot Toys, they would use the same mold but it made in plastic.

Doubting a plastic version though.

AH.....Die Cast Threepio is bad a$$, if a Mark suit is close to that it'll be worth $300 IMO.

I doubt it will be anywhere near that good, HT had to cut corners to keep the cost down.

Back