1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

am I the only one who thinks its strange that people are constantly complaining about rising prices and yet jumped on this the second it came out? doesn't it just show that when it comes to these figures and their customers, HT sees that money is no object?

granted I've only been collecting for a little over a year but there has to be a point when you stop and say, is $300 justifiable anymore for a 1/6 scale figure? I love HT and what they do, my first ever figure was the FA Captain America for $180 and I thought it was amazing, definitely worth the money

did I miss something where everybody said enough with these plastic IM figures, we want diecast? the fact that HT is selling this figure solely on the basis that it is diecast and offering us nothing else in term of what we get for our money

then again maybe I don't see what's so special about diecast on a figure in the first place, I have dozens of 1/24 scale diecast cars that go for around $60 dollars apiece that are relatively the same size as this figure

What's with the 'we' and the 'everybody' and 'us'? 1/6 collectors aren't a homogenous group :dunno

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

am I the only one who thinks its strange that people are constantly complaining about rising prices and yet jumped on this the second it came out? doesn't it just show that when it comes to these figures and their customers, HT sees that money is no object?

granted I've only been collecting for a little over a year but there has to be a point when you stop and say, is $300 justifiable anymore for a 1/6 scale figure? I love HT and what they do, my first ever figure was the FA Captain America for $180 and I thought it was amazing, definitely worth the money

did I miss something where everybody said enough with these plastic IM figures, we want diecast? the fact that HT is selling this figure solely on the basis that it is diecast and offering us nothing else in term of what we get for our money

then again maybe I don't see what's so special about diecast on a figure in the first place, I have dozens of 1/24 scale diecast cars that go for around $60 dollars apiece that are relatively the same size as this figure

You're not the only one. You bring up a lot of valid points.

Personally, I think the move to diecast has a lot to do with Play Imaginative coming into the 1/6 scene with diecast figures. Hot Toys most likely wants to block anything that might be seen as competition, so that's what probably brought on the move to diecast.

I'm not as distinguishing as some of the collectors on this board, so the overall aesthetic detail looks about the same between the metal Iron Patriot and plastic Iron Man releases from where I'm standing. Therefore, the only difference is the weight and material. The only way I'd ever be able to tell that difference is if I hold the figure in my hand, which I'd rarely be doing. People have a right to prefer metal Hot Toys, but it's just not for me. I felt that $250 for a Mark VII was ridiculous already, and anything that pushes the prices even higher is a negative from my perspective.

What's with the 'we' and the 'everybody' and 'us'? 1/6 collectors aren't a homogenous group :dunno

Right, how does he know the same people complaining are the same people buying?

You're not the only one. You bring up a lot of valid points.

Personally, I think the move to diecast has a lot to do with Play Imaginative coming into the 1/6 scene with diecast figures. Hot Toys most likely wants to block anything that might be seen as competition, so that's what probably brought on the move to diecast.

I'm not as distinguishing as some of the collectors on this board, so the overall aesthetic detail looks about the same between the metal Iron Patriot and plastic Iron Man releases from where I'm standing. Therefore, the only difference is the weight and material. The only way I'd ever be able to tell that difference is if I hold the figure in my hand, which I'd rarely be doing. People have a right to prefer metal Hot Toys, but it's just not for me. I felt that $250 for a Mark VII was ridiculous already, and anything that pushes the prices even higher is a negative from my perspective.

And that's fair. I think it's a great idea to find your limit before you hit it.

You guys that are saying "Ironman should be metal, he's Ironman after all" and “Die-cast is just the companies next step"; you'll see after you’ve forked out the money for these metal figures and then you'll learn what a lot of us old timer collectors already know about metal or die-cast figures.

I can see it now, one of those top heavy things will get a little out of balance and then when it flips over and chips the paint or cracks/scratches the surface of your detolt shelf you'll be saying, "Dam piece of junk", just wait.

Looking at the pics again, I'm not sure how much more detailed a plastic version would be, other than functioning moveable parts. Looks pretty detailed when you compare it too the plastic IM.

With metal and the extra effort that it will take to make sure metal to metal doesn't knock off paint, joints stay tight, and to make sure heavier pieces don't come lose and fall off; don't count on all the little small detailed moving parts you're used to on the plastic figures. With Die-cast there are only going to be the basics and if, there are any more, they will probably move very little.

You guys that are saying "Ironman should be metal, he's Ironman after all" and “Die-cast is just the companies next step"; you'll see after you’ve forked out the money for these metal figures and then you'll learn what a lot of us old timer collectors already know about metal or die-cast figures.

I can see it now, one of those top heavy things will get a little out of balance and then when it flips over and chips the paint or cracks/scratches the surface of your detolt shelf you'll be saying, "Dam piece of junk", just wait.

Been around the block a bit, and I know the general issues with diecast items. Still looking forward to see how they handle it.

If it was not posted.....
Don Cheadle's HS:
562298_505323079529687_1133404890_n.jpg

we get it that "old-timers" like you that PRESUME to be experts in action-figure making don't like the diecast figures, but repeating the same negative sentiments over & over again makes you sound like a broken record.

but we "newcomers" will be sure to keep you posted of the awesomeness of the figure once it reaches stateside :wave

Last edited:

I hope the 1/6 Patriot paint apps turn out as well as its 1/4 bust counterpart...just the right amount of shine without being overly glossy :)

600140_472593552813633_563134947_n.jpg

188813_434768273274080_1035809865_n.jpg

we get it that "old-timers" like you that PRESUME to be experts in action-figure making don't like the diecast figures, but repeating the same negative sentiments over & over again makes you sound like a broken record.

but we "newcomers" will be sure to keep you posted of the awesomeness of the figure once it reaches stateside :wave

When you drop that $300 each (or close to it) on your Iron Patriot, your Ironman MK42, and your Armored Whiplash, and when you get them with paint chips already off them, while you're posing them Metal to Metal makes more paint flake off, when joints loosen and because of the weight, arms drop to the sides of the figures, and casted part are falling off because of welds or tabs have broken after the slightest fall (unlike plastic that can be repaired with a little super glue), and when it starts to turn into what you will think is just a ugly piece of junk. Remember you showed Hot Toys you wanted it by letting them know you bought it all after others warned you not to fall for their latest gimmick.

You see that’s all it is, they know they’ve almost milked this line for all it’s worth (Ironman III is the last Ironman film as far as I know) and people aren’t ordering the first version of a figure as fast as they were before because everyone knows in a year or so a 2.0 will be coming out. Hot Toys knows they’ve already made two MKIs, two MKIIs, three MKIIIs, three MKIVs, one MKV, three MKVIs and the upcoming MKVII; how many Ironmans does one person need? Some all, but for a lot of people three, four at the most, they’ve got to come up with something to “WOW” people on to keep buying and being able to claim “IRONMANS ARE REAL METAL” is it. They don’t care what’ll happen in a year or two just like with the rotting Alien figures, the leaking Batmans or the broken foot Bruce Waynes, or even the cracking Rubber bodies, as long as they get their money up front, they’ll let distributors like Sideshow take the heat and even if enough gets back to them, we’ll hear nothing.

It's really funny how they're using the back of the 1/4th bust for the
backshot pic of MMS195D1.

Funny/Lazy/Deceitful

Imagine if these were pics of the plastic Iron Patriot all along, & they simply passed it off as a diecast version, simply to screw with 'Play Imaginative' .....

Funny/Lazy/Deceitful

Imagine if these were pics of the plastic Iron Patriot all along, & they simply passed it off as a diecast version, simply to screw with 'Play Imaginative' .....

Possible, its hot toys we're talking here :lol

When you drop that $300 each (or close to it) on your Iron Patriot, your Ironman MK42, and your Armored Whiplash, and when you get them with paint chips already off them, while you're posing them Metal to Metal makes more paint flake off, when joints loosen and because of the weight, arms drop to the sides of the figures, and casted part are falling off because of welds or tabs have broken after the slightest fall (unlike plastic that can be repaired with a little super glue), and when it starts to turn into what you will think is just a ugly piece of junk. Remember you showed Hot Toys you wanted it by letting them know you bought it all after others warned you not to fall for their latest gimmick.

funny i don't see such complaints from purchasers of the Play Imaginative Diecast Batman. You probably haven't gotten a diecast figure since the 70s', and if that's the case, are understandably assuming that diecast production technology has not advanced over the past 40 years. I have a 6-year-old diecast car purchased back in 2007 that's made in china & don't see any paint chips till today. Even my 10-year-old collection of 1/18 diecast Formula 1 vehicles by hot wheels still looks pristine today.

it's nice of you to seem to "care", although what I really think you're doing is just desiring that collectors' investments in the HT diecast line turn to ruins just to prove a point.

I had the original Masterpiece Optimus Prime, which wasn't released that long ago, and he had some chips on the diecast right out of the box. I think chipping on diecast is a valid concern for collectors whether they've been collecting for years or are from a younger generation.

Some of this old vs young debate is really funny. I feel like its some kind of naughty area measuring contest. :lol I don't care about about Metal vs plastic to be honest. I think it makes for a cool idea for Iron Man figures. However, the Mark VII was really about the most I want to pay for a 1:6th figure. Crossing the $300 barrier is just more than I want to go. That's more than any of my The Lord of the Rings statues and 1/3 the cost of a 3ft Sauron PF. That's why I'll get the statue pieces I think they will do and that will be my Iron Man 3 pieces. So in the end it has nothing to do with how long I've been collecting but the cost.

I totally agree with Josh. I have nothing against die cast just the $300 price.

The age argument doesn't make sense to me either. I just don't see the appeal of a standard 1/6 figure at over $300. However, I do not claim to speak for everyone in this hobby. This might be right up a lot of collectors' alley, and I can't fault them for that. Just because I'm not willing to pay that price for it, I can't assume that others won't be happy to.

Possible, its hot toys we're talking here :lol
No need to tell me :lol & seriously, who can tell from those pics?
it has nothing to do with how long I've been collecting but the cost.
I have nothing against die cast just the $300 price.
I'm not willing to pay that price for it, I can't assume that others won't be happy to.
Maybe the early high diecast price estimates, along with the already $250 (or so) MkVII, dulled the actual $300 (or so) price tag reveal for me. So much so that I might have been thinking, woh, cool, it's only around $300 when it was revealed :lol

Last edited:

Some of this old vs young debate is really funny. I feel like its some kind of naughty area measuring contest. :lol I don't care about about Metal vs plastic to be honest. I think it makes for a cool idea for Iron Man figures. However, the Mark VII was really about the most I want to pay for a 1:6th figure. Crossing the $300 barrier is just more than I want to go. That's more than any of my The Lord of the Rings statues and 1/3 the cost of a 3ft Sauron PF. That's why I'll get the statue pieces I think they will do and that will be my Iron Man 3 pieces. So in the end it has nothing to do with how long I've been collecting but the cost.

I'm not really into statues, I only have one (SS Hulkbuster) but I will wait and see what SS puts out before deciding on this.

This HT IP seems to be very limited in display options (compared to my other HT IM) so it almost might as well be a statue.

Back