1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

I don't understand how die cast is making the price of this figure jump up so much. Hot Wheels are made out of die cast metal and still cost a dollar. Are you telling me that they are using $300 worth of Hot Wheels die cast metal on one figure? Oh noes! Shouldn't using die cast be cheaper than using plastic since we are constantly being told now expensive plastic is now a days with he rising cost of oil.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

Has there been any hints yet as to what pose the PPS iron patriot will have?
Might go PPS route for IP. :D

Shouldn't using die cast be cheaper than using plastic since we are constantly being told now expensive plastic is now a days with he rising cost of oil.

Good point. That made me laugh. :lol
I would assume though you'll still need oil to process those metals into action figures.

I am indifferent on the figure until it's clear how much is die cast versus plastic. It being a combination of the two is a bit underwhelming at the moment. I wish it were one or the other but wait n see. Not like I need to decide immediately whether to buy or buy at all....no biggie.

No neeMaybe the early high diecast price estimates, along with the already $250 (or so) MkVII, dulled the actual $300 (or so) price tag reveal for me. So much so that I might have been thinking, woh, cool, it's only around $300 when it was revealed :lol

I'm not surprised its over $300. I knew the diecast line would probably be more but I figured it would be its own line. For me I already had in my head that I might be out on traditional Iron Man figures.

I'm not really into statues, I only have one (SS Hulkbuster) but I will wait and see what SS puts out before deciding on this.

This HT IP seems to be very limited in display options (compared to my other HT IM) so it almost might as well be a statue.

I love statues. I actually prefer statues as a whole but I do like my Iron Man figures. So since the figures are now breaking $300 (for standard 1:6th figures) I will opt for the cheaper more statue like option.

The age argument doesn't make sense to me either. I just don't see the appeal of a standard 1/6 figure at over $300. However, I do not claim to speak for everyone in this hobby. This might be right up a lot of collectors' alley, and I can't fault them for that. Just because I'm not willing to pay that price for it, I can't assume that others won't be happy to.

yea, mr. doll has been bragging about how he's been collecting >40 years, which thus seems to entitle him to repeat for like 10 posts or so (over like 3 threads) about how he believes everyone buying this will see their investments crumble before their very eyes.

I think stating your dislike for the figure is fine, but to keep mentioning the same negative vibe over & over that many times just seems like the OP won't stop until everyone shares his hate for the figure :( & to me, just spoils the fun discussion between everyone from both camps (for & against diecast).

oh well, may've gotten carried away with the counter-argument...didn't mean to offend anyone with the age thing sorry..

cheers! to happy times collecting IM 3 figs!:hi5:

yea, mr. doll has been bragging about how he's been collecting >40 years, which thus seems to entitle him to repeat for like 10 posts or so (over like 3 threads) about how he believes everyone buying this will see their investments crumble before their very eyes.

I think stating your dislike for the figure is fine, but to keep mentioning the same negative vibe over & over that many times just seems like the OP won't stop until everyone shares his hate for the figure :( & to me, just spoils the fun discussion between everyone from both camps (for & against diecast).

oh well, may've gotten carried away with the counter-argument...didn't mean to offend anyone with the age thing sorry..

cheers! to happy times collecting IM 3 figs!:hi5:

Well, the way I look at it is like the old saying goes..." Opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one." That doesn't mean we have to pay attention to them. Most of us are adults here, since this is a relatively expensive hobby and you have to have disposable income.

I take in the constructive information and just ignore the occasional poor attitude.

I am not in this hobby for investment anyway. I have actual investments for that sort of thing. I just love this stuff.

I pre-ordered my MMS Diecast Iron Patriot today. I have to say the pictures do look freakin fantastic....:clap:yess:

Well, the way I look at it is like the old saying goes..." Opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one." That doesn't mean we have to pay attention to them. Most of us are adults here, since this is a relatively expensive hobby and you have to have disposable income.

I take in the constructive information and just ignore the occasional poor attitude.

I am not in this hobby for investment anyway. I have actual investments for that sort of thing. I just love this stuff.

I pre-ordered my MMS Diecast Iron Patriot today. I have to say the pictures do look freakin fantastic....:clap:yess:

yepp, can't wait for Q4! :panic:

It's just too bad that Hot Toys can't just come out and spell out exactly what they are going to release. I mean, can you imagine FIFTEEN different IM figures being released one by one. It's practically painful!

I'm definitely getting an Iron Patriot figure. While I prefer the poseability of an MMS figure, it's going to be hard to justify going with a $310 diecast figure over a $160 PPS figure.

It's just too bad that Hot Toys can't just come out and spell out exactly what they are going to release. I mean, can you imagine FIFTEEN different IM figures being released one by one. It's practically painful!

I'm definitely getting an Iron Patriot figure. While I prefer the poseability of an MMS figure, it's going to be hard to justify going with a $310 diecast figure over a $160 PPS figure.

I REALLY wish I could feel this way. I have no interest in statues or the partial statues they are calling the PPS line. If they don't release a plastice MMS more affordable, to me, the $310 for the Diecast IP is a much better value than the $150 for the PPS.

No Die-cast, vote with your money fellows. I am.

If they decide to do a MMS plastic version cheaper, and more accessores later, I'll buy.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Cheaper LATER?!? :rotfl:rotfl

THIS is the cheapest you will see an Iron Patriot or a Die Cast figure at all. For several reasons: 1) Even IF they make a plastic version it won't be until this is released so that HT won't canabalize it's own sales. That means at LEAST 5 months. If the Mark VII (the last plastic MMS) was $250 when it was put up for preorder on July 30th of last year and HT periodically increases prices about %20 every six months how much would a new MMS Iron Patriot cost if announced 15 months after? Probably around $300. 2) This is an entry level price for the Die Cast line. It's purposely less than many expected (considering other Die Cast Iron Men are quoted in the $420 range) in order to hook new customers. I promise the Next die cast will be more. 4 months from now you could see them at $350.

Again, think it through people. PIPE DREAMS.

I agree with the frustration on HT secrecy in what is coming, but it is all about marketing strategy. If they show all their cards then they may lose the opportunity to draw in more buyers for each figure.

The way they are doing it now is going to get people to commit to a figure they want less then another, before they have realized later that the figure they actually wanted gets announced after.

Let's face it, if we all could afford it, we would buy them all, but most of us are going to try to wait for the specific figure we want.
So with HT holding out on release details, they are getting the latter of us to buy more figures then we initially intended to buy.

I just try not to get carried away....though it is hard, for sure...:thud:

I totally agree, but how long is it going to take to release 15 figures one by one in such a manner that people won't be canceling previous orders and ordering new stuff?

ETA: And I don't blame them. it IS a business, and they should be trying to maximize profits.

And based on ther pics from Hong Kong of what was said to be @ 1000 people in line the night before just to PO this, Hot Toys is NOT starving for customers.

At this point, it's either you buy what they spit out or you don't. They have the market cornered and us by the b@lls. They can make a $500 gold plated Iron Man figure and you can bet people will line up for it.

Nothing is going to change until another company steps up and competes with them. We have no options and that's the problem here. We can't say "That sucks, lets see what (insert other company name here) will do."
All we can say is, it's either you get this figure or no Iron Man figure at all.

Hi guys, just my 2 pence worth here.
Even the plastic prices were getting to high for me so I decided rather than try and get lots from each line and other companies like HT, Enterbay, 3A, Damtoys, Sideshow which for me was impossible as funds are tight, I now just get what I think are the most amazing looking piece (for me) from each line/company.
I will be getting at most from the Diecast line, IP and Whiplash and then will have to move on to something else, maybe start saving for Robocop etc.

I actually think it won't have much of a paint issue due it being diecast and not plastic or whatever.

I'm only disappointed in the lack of accessories.

That is what was said about some of the RCCA cars. The banks had problems, the Elite did not have any that I know of.

At this point, it's either you buy what they spit out or you don't. They have the market cornered and us by the b@lls. They can make a $500 gold plated Iron Man figure and you can bet people will line up for it.

Nothing is going to change until another company steps up and competes with them. We have no options and that's the problem here. We can't say "That sucks, lets see what (insert other company name here) will do."
All we can say is, it's either you get this figure or no Iron Man figure at all.

:exactly::exactly:

Here is the problem, Iron Man is now own my Disney. I have made a number of post about RCCA. Going back you will see that they made 100,000 cars discast. Took oh 500 to 1,500 made them elite. Then took the same body and made them banks. Then took the rest and put them in target and walmart. All they did then was just change the box and put LE on them.

I was never going to buy this one anyway so it's not a big deal to me. I want the gray WM, MK42, and Peppers suit. Unless there is more to them. Who knows.

Exactly, I agree

After reading many posts I desided I'm going to pre order this.. it was inevitable anyway. Since I don't know for sure if Ht is gonna make a plastic version (very unlikely it seems..) I have to get this, I would like to know how many suits they'll make because the diecast Mark VI and Iron Whiplash is a must have for me

F.U Hot Toys.
The release of this Diecast series is the Deathknell to this hobby as we know it.

Back