1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please check it out and share , thoughts welcome . comparison video coming soon between this and stealth version

Captain America is my favorite Avenger and surely for loads of others as well. Kind of arrogant to base a part of your review on a character and say something so blatantly untrue.

I stopped watching after that.

/shrug/

What was it that was said? I don't watch reviews. And I see that ones over half an hour. Not doing that.

Captain America is my favorite Avenger and surely for loads of others as well. Kind of arrogant to base a part of your review on a character and say something so blatantly untrue.

I stopped watching after that.

/shrug/

Cap is my favorite too :dunno

This is the best Cap to date,I don't understand the lower scores..especially the source score

Yeah, I wasn't trying to get personal. Just disagree with his statement is all. Not sure why others ran with it.

Just saying Captain America is a very popular Avenger.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to get personal. Just disagree with his statement is all. Not sure why others ran with it.

Just saying Captain America is a very popular Avenger.

We'll probably the part where you called him arrogant...and that what he said was blatantly untrue(ie a lie). That's not just disagreement.

And I still don't know what he said that caused this.

As for what username asked about scores...I dont. I see a lot of people that seem to care what others think thought. All the polls and the "which one woul you buy" or which version is best stuff. So obviously some people care about what others like. I don't get that, but that's just me. I look at it, if I like it then cool. If not I pass. I could care less what is someone's elses favorite when it comes to my interests.but again, that's just me.

What was it that was said? I don't watch reviews. And I see that ones over half an hour. Not doing that.

He said "I don't think Captain America is anybody's favourite Avenger."

Seems like a silly generalisation if you ask me. A review is based on your own opinions, so it would have been better to just say Cap is not his favourite Avenger.

Anyway, the source material section seems pointless because the film hasn't been released yet, so a knocking it down for that is a little unfair. I think that part of the score should be revised once the film has been seen. A 3/5 for AoU Cap seems too low imo. But it isn't my review, so he can give it whatever score he thinks it deserves.

I do think it looks better than a 26/35 figure though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup, I stopped watching at that statement earlier. He's my favorite Avenger also. Perhaps Clip has something against America. I dunno.

Last edited:
We'll probably the part where you called him arrogant...and that what he said was blatantly untrue(ie a lie). That's not just disagreement.

And I still don't know what he said that caused this.

As for what username asked about scores...I dont. I see a lot of people that seem to care what others think thought. All the polls and the "which one woul you buy" or which version is best stuff. So obviously some people care about what others like. I don't get that, but that's just me. I look at it, if I like it then cool. If not I pass. I could care less what is someone's elses favorite when it comes to my interests.but again, that's just me.

In saying it was untrue, I was not calling him a liar. To me a lie is very clearly defined statement intended to deceive. Not at all what I meant toward Clip. That's harsh, so please don't put words in my mouth. I meant it was an unfounded statement that certainly had no truth to it. I don't think Clip meant it to be a harsh statement on his end either. Truly.

Lots of people are commenting that Cap is their favorite Avenger, as he is mine.

I just think it is a misplaced comment. Would prefer we let it go at that.

Clipper is allowed to not like Captain America. And if he doesn't know that Cap is a lot of people's favorite avenger, so what? Captain America is my favorite avenger too but it's no big deal. I do think he deserved a better score but I can see how much liking or disliking a character will affect the score, it's just human nature. Clipper, do you really dislike Captain America that much or just not as much as the rest of The Avengers?

In saying it was untrue, I was not calling him a liar. To me a lie is very clearly defined statement intended to deceive. Not at all what I meant toward Clip. That's harsh, so please don't put words in my mouth. I meant it was an unfounded statement that certainly had no truth to it. I don't think Clip meant it to be a harsh statement on his end either. Truly.

Lots of people are commenting that Cap is their favorite Avenger, as he is mine.

I just think it is a misplaced comment. Would prefer we let it go at that.

I was explaining why people reacted so strong to your statement. No matter how you may have intended it. And I was not putting words in your mouth. The words you used carry the meaning I described. By definition in fact. I was just pointing that out as an explanation for the reactions you where surprised about.

adjective
The definition of deceitful is someone or something intentionally untruthful or intended to mislead.

An example of something that would be described as deceitful is a statement that is blatantly untrue and that is intended to convince someone of a falsehood.

YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2015 by LoveToKnow Corp

IMO, kind of strange to say you don't watch reviews but ask what was said.

It's strange to ask why someone got upset enough to call the reviewer arrogant and blatantly lied? Instead of me sitting thru 40 minutes of a review?

Back