1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
455051033_903514978479182_4100532190089279509_n.jpg

@agonistes86 what do you think?
Hard to tell without side by side pictures. It definitely looks like an improvement over the ESB helmet though.

In this shot the mask looks very similar to their 1:4 Vader. I like that they got rid of the "fat lip" in the mouth, but I still can't get past the broken up tusks, and the neck still looks too thick/wide. They included so many masks, why not include one flush sculpt wtihout those broken up tusks?
455004767_903515111812502_4394836174081348481_n.jpg

Very curious what this looks like with some proper futzing. He does look like he has potential.
He's still probably about 5% oversized though, so he might looks off next to other characters.
455051033_903514978479182_4100532190089279509_n.jpg

Wow, they actually updated it. No longer passing this off as a “new” thing when they were re-using that sh**e ESB helmet mold.

I’m actually interested in this now.

I’ll need to do a full comparison with pictures, but I’m so glad they minimized the godawful gap between the brow and bottom edge of dome. They also softened the brow itself – it’s not pointy anymore which is good, more in line for ESB/ROTJ. The face itself looks better to me, but hard to tell without a comp.

Great figure! Sadly, being overshadowed by the BD releases in my opinion. We needed this figure about 5 years ago.

I pre-ordered this as soon as it was announced. I'm an OT guy, so to me it's the ultimate Vader before George started meddling with the Special Editions. Seeing the older Anakin with Obi Wan and Yoda still warms my heart.

I don't think the Battle Damage Vader is remotely comparable. It's an ultimate comic book stylised edition of Vader. A bit like a kid that has no restraint, it's over done. This will be the perfect companion to ROTJ Luke.

Last edited:
They actually updated the mask, I'm impressed. Clear improvement and more accurate then the ESB one, jury still out on how it holds up against dx28 for the most OT accurate mask, will have to take a look when at home with a big screen and possibly more photos.

Considering this has a mask/unmask function and has the helm hardware details on top of the scalp and in the neck, one can arguably say it is more OT accurate then dx28 that is a clean helmet that does not come apart. Mouth triangle looks a little too big still and nose plug a little small but this is now a good Vader imo.

Still think Kenobi Vader is the most accurate mask out of the box until I see in hand photos of this one but this release is a big wet OT dream now with the mask update, glad I held on to the preorder. This is what ESB Vader should have been.

Is this the first HT Vader version where his gloves are flayed out so much..I think that makes it look more realistic

What do you think @matrix69 ?
Disappointed. The only things they've tweaked are the components/clamps on the forehead, more accurate paint apps, the dome and the chest box.
Everything else looks like regurgitated parts from previous versions.

I'm still getting it though as i love the Shaw head sculpt.:love:

Back