1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disappointed. The only things they've tweaked are the components/clamps on the forehead, more accurate paint apps, the dome and the chest box.
Everything else looks like regurgitated parts from previous versions.

I'm still getting it though as i love the Shaw head sculpt.:love:
It's way more then expected from them tbh, I was expecting another ESB helm with perhaps a better suit and body. This has a better but still a bit too large mouth triangle and small nose plug. This overall though now looks better then all other HT masks tbh, save dx28. But I like that this has the extra hardware details on the scalp and back neck. I think they overdid the one raised eyebrow, but if this has the OWK body and proportions it will be the most accurate out of the box OT Vader by quite a bit. Can just slap dx28 clean mask and a better cape on and it's a good Vader almost out of the box.

I’ve got an Empire collection and am thinking about picking this up now. All I’d need is to buy a loose ESB chest box and possibly a cape too as the stock cape on this doesn’t look good at all (OWK reuse as others have mentioned).

This is probably my fav picture of it, it looks really nice for out the box.

2EB536BA-31C7-439A-BAB9-87B7AC068DC8.jpeg

It's way more then expected from them tbh, I was expecting another ESB helm with perhaps a better suit and body. This has a better but still a bit too large mouth triangle and small nose plug. This overall though now looks better then all other HT masks tbh, save dx28. But I like that this has the extra hardware details on the scalp and back neck. I think they overdid the one raised eyebrow, but if this has the OWK body and proportions it will be the most accurate out of the box OT Vader by quite a bit. Can just slap dx28 clean mask and a better cape on and it's a good Vader almost out of the box.
It's only the better looking two tone paint scheme that improves it. The tusks appear to be better aligned this time as well.
The ANH/R1/OWK mask may have it's issues, but it's still a superior looking sculpt to this version.

Maybe HT will eventually shrink down the 1/4 mask for a future Vader/Emperor 2pack...along with a real haired bushy eyebrowed Shaw sculpt.:giggle:

not a fan of anything here. Thiccboi Vader is still not nice to look at.

Nice blogger pics HT:View attachment 719879
Seeing pics like this I get the feeling the blogger has never seen what Vader actually looks like on screen. It's like they are intentionally making it look bad.

Maybe HT will eventually shrink down the 1/4 mask for a future Vader/Emperor 2pack...along with a real haired bushy eyebrowed Shaw sculpt.:giggle:

Dart Vader artisan edition. Pre special edition Shaw shrubbery stunning hair craftsmanship.

I'm happy they at least addressed some issues with the helmet. More than I expected.

The rest looks a bit clumsy as usual. Futzing will solve that.

ROTJ is my least favorite look for Vader, but I have to have the 3x films represented and I wanted the Shaw sculpt while that man even still remains part of Star Wars.

For this particular Vader... mask is less important for me as I'll be displaying Shaw.

That said, I wouldn't mind replacing the ESB mask/helmet if this is more accurate.

Could this mask be an 'accurate' -- relatively -- representation for ESB?

Under closer scrutiny there appears to more tweaks and adjustments made than first thought, especially around the eye lens.
The bags around the eyes are ironed out and less pronounced. The inner lens appear to be sitting more accurately inside the eye sockets too.

And the bridge between the eyes is wider.

VC.jpg
VC (2).jpg

For this particular Vader... mask is less important for me as I'll be displaying Shaw.

That said, I wouldn't mind replacing the ESB mask/helmet if this is more accurate.

Could this mask be an 'accurate' -- relatively -- representation for ESB?
It looks to be a definite upgrade on the Empire mask.

It looks to be a definite upgrade on the Empire mask.
It looks like HT got rid of the divots under the eyes?!? They should be there. Hard to tell. If they were going to tweak it this much, they should have started from scratch or used their 1/4th as a base of reference. Baffling as usual.

It’s rotj vader and I was getting it regardless, as I want the Shaw sculpt. Now, to find something that will work as the shuttle ramp so I can do the “my own eyes” scene with Luke beside him. Anyone have any ideas for a shuttle ramp?

Pity they had to go and reuse the over scaled chest/shoulder armour and flat toed boots from the Empire version.
The armour and boots from the OWK/R1 version would have looked better.

Back