1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing it's the newer nylony material that was used on the OWK version.
Only the Dark Empire Luke has the new pleated nylon (and it appears to be the pants only, not shirt/sleeves), right?

I understood both the OWK and ROTJ Vaders were just standard pleather - the specs for neither figure mention the nylon, which is specifically called out in the Dark Empire Luke specs.

We were trying to figure this out a month or so ago.

Doesn't say in the specs but doesn't mean it wasn't changed in production. OWK Vader's suit doesn't feel like the pleather that as used on previous Vaders at all.

As for Dark Empire Luke's suit, it's the pants and sleeves. "Highly detailed nylon suit"

Screenshot 2024-08-13 195011.jpg

Last edited:
I hope my local store gets it in or I come across one on eBay for a decent price. I just checked to hop on the waitlist on SSC, but it turns out I’m already on it xD

Pretty exciting release with this update. It’s not too often I get stoked about final releases.

I wonder if this is a "low stock" edition? I mean, its Vader so I always expect a ton.
Probably lower edition size just like OWK Vader. ROTJ version has been on WL for awhile. And, sold out at AEC and I believe Timewalker as well

Last edited:
This RoTJ Vader is the fastest I've seen a Vader get waitlisted, the non deluxe version was gone in just a month or so I think, if that. For sure it was popular but I think also it is part of the new lower production run trend they're on now post covid/Marvel.

Need official Hot Toys photos for this guy, despite the corny photoshopping they do for the colors etc at least their product photos are consistent at showing accurate figure proportions, it's all still the old ESB placeholder on their site.

Need official Hot Toys photos for this guy, despite the corny photoshopping they do for the colors etc at least their product photos are consistent at showing accurate figure proportions, it's all still the old ESB placeholder on their site.

Agreed. Even Sideshow tends to replace their prototype photos with production piece photos for the product pages of their in house stuff once production is done and the items are about to ship.

Here's a pic of the helmet from a seller that already has one parted out on ebay

View attachment 719954
View attachment 719955
That looks suspiciously like the 1:4 helmet. Did they actually scale that down after all? It's not the exact same, but the overall build is the same.
The eye divots lack definition on the 1:4, so maybe scaling them down to 1:6 they decided to smoothe them out?

Here's the 1:4 for reference:
20240401_144734.jpg

20240401_144800.jpg

Hmm I have this on pre-order, but I also have the ESB and the 1/4 RotJ.

I hope we can see some video reviews comparing it to the ESB soon.

Yeah I'm pleasantly surprised with this update, though it's strange they seem to have made a go at recreating the mask from scratch rather then just shrink the 1/4 version or modify the clean dx28 helmet to come apart.

I'll be displaying it in just the standard power pose, but Gods be good that sculpt is incredible.

Straight on is not end all be all with Vader but here's a quick comparison.. the fact that the RoTJ version also has the come apart function and the inner hardware details is a big plus, think I still prefer dx28 but this update they did on the mask instead if just sticking with the ESB mold deserves praise. Missing and inaccurate divots does not bother me that much, too small nose plug is the only thing that jumps out but this is a big upgrade over ESB.

The two helmets to the left and right are 1:1 movie molds.

htvader.png

Back