1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might ship from SS soon as well

The production sculpts lately have been crazy-sharp. Whatever new technique they're using, it's working.

oldmanvader.jpg

Yea dx28 is still my favorite but this was a welcome surprise, I don't think anyone will be disappointed with this one.

So I guess he has the same pleather suit they used on the other releases?
I'm also wondering this. They will often tweak things and not really say anything about it. I think an HK reviewer will have to get it in hand to see.

At the very least, I hope they used a higher grade of pleather...after all, they're not all the same.

It's shipping soon, I can change boxing preferences on my preorder at SS now.

My local store has 3 Deluxe sets in stock for preorder at retail price! My all in price would be $364 (lower tax rate and no shipping costs) but…. I don’t need the light up jolly rancher helmet, the LED saber w/ wires or the stairs.. I’m debating if I should still get it and if I’d make some money back if I were to sell the items I don’t need. I’d want to make at least $50 back, but Idk if people would actually want those things…

I don’t even need the Shaw head-sculpt too, as I plan to display with the helmet. Displaying him with the Shaw sculpt isn’t even accurate unless you have him on the floor dying xD

Last edited:
My local store has 3 Deluxe sets in stock for preorder at retail price! My all in price would be $364 (lower tax rate and no shipping costs) but…. I don’t need the light up jolly rancher helmet, the LED saber w/ wires or the stairs.. I’m debating if I should still get it and if I’d make some money back if I were to sell the items I don’t need. I’d want to make at least $50 back, but Idk if people would actually want those things…

I don’t even need the Shaw head-sculpt too, as I plan to display with the helmet. Displaying him with the Shaw sculpt isn’t even accurate unless you have him on the floor dying xD
It's funny - my primary interest in this figure is to have Shaw laying down dying (to display with Luke.) :lol

But yeah that light up helmet doesn't quite work. The lightning should have connected lower to the chest because that clear head just doesn't seem to belong on the regular body because it's so different looking. The lightning almost looks like Looney Tunes swirling stars spinning around a clobbered head, or maybe flies buzzing around.

Would have been cool if the skull inside was much more clearly visible too. HT doesn't seem to have understood that in that great ROTJ moment, the skeletal gag actually shows his upper spine/ribcage and his arm/robot forearm, not just his skull/helmet.

So I guess he has the same pleather suit they used on the other releases?
One of the reasons I'll pass on all Vaders, until HT decides to give up on the pleather/faux leather. Having HT ANH modded by Jazzinc, the ESB and the 1/4 is enough for me now.

One of the reasons I'll pass on all Vaders, until HT decides to give up on the pleather/faux leather. Having HT ANH modded by Jazzinc, the ESB and the 1/4 is enough for me now.
Jazz inc had a anh mod? What was it?

Back