1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those ANH and ESB heads look so bad in comparison
Put them all next to the prop helmet and they all look so bad in comparison.

This ROTJ is certainly an improvement on the ESB but its still a far cry from the "whoa" moment of a nailed sculpt. OMFG what joy it would be to see a HT Vader reveal that just nailed it rather than triggering an avalanche of "hmm, how to mod" thoughts. The two-steps forward, one step back, of 1/6 figures I guess.

Unfortunately, I’ve just accepted that HT doesn’t nail these Vader helmets, and they’ll never recreate it as good as they could most likely get it. If INART had the Disney license, I bet that would probably force Hot Toys to care more about their Star Wars figures. Oh well.

Really? I don't remember Vader's chest armor being quite that short. But then again, the ROTJ/ESB does look a little long.
There's viewing factors like camera distance, angle, etc but the chest armor proportions is what I immediately took notice. I'm no expert, maybe there's another Vader suit that actually looks like the HT one? I don't think he's chunky or whatever, just the chest armor and the box throwing off the body proportions. The DX28 had less noticeable proportion issues
1724118204733.jpeg

Last edited:
Speaking of chest armor...why do they keep putting that dip at the bottom. See how it pushes out at the neck, then has a dip, then back out? The screen one is straight. It was like that in the ESB one also

I think it looks cool and different enough from the OWK Vader I have. I’m not a Vader expert though.

Man, I thought we were so close to having a great OT Vader out the box that wouldn’t require much mod work!

View attachment 721168
Nah, they shoot themselves in the foot all the time. This reminded me to see if any of the vaders since ESB had a better chest armor I could swap out. Wonder if the one from the battle damaged could work, though it looks a bit small

Nah, they shoot themselves in the foot all the time. This reminded me to see if any of the vaders since ESB had a better chest armor I could swap out. Wonder if the one from the battle damaged could work, though it looks a bit small
Yeah I literally just did the same. 😅 I have the Rogue One/Tarkin chest plate that seems like it’ll be better. Doesn’t have that weird and unnecessary hump at the top… seriously, why’d they do that? do they do this on purpose?

Hopefully the BD one would work for you if it comes to it.

Back