1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I've heard enough mention of the pleather that I will ask, how big of an issue is it? Is it a problem of damage from holding certain poses or a deterioration?
From my own experience it's best not to leave him in any kind of extreme pose for a lengthy period of time, as it will cause stress/tension to the suit.

The suit on my ANH Vader cracked and peeled at the elbows due to me leaving him in the gloves on belt boxes pose. Still though, i got eight years out of it, which was good going.

Overall, I’m not too fussed about that. I really like the new helmet mold and I’m glad we have this over the derpy, insectoid TESB version. It’s the rest of the Jedi figure that leaves some to be desired.. However, after watching Justin’s video, I feel more at peace about it!
The newly sculpted mask is a nice surprise alright, but most of the other parts appear to be just recycled from TESB version.

I should have mine in the next week or two, so looking forward to seeing how it compares.

I've noticed some missing tusks on some of the YouTube reviews.

Either they were loosely attached in the factory, or it's down to rough handling by the reviewers:unsure:

Hot Toys DARTH VADER Star Wars ROTJ 40th Deluxe Version 1 6th scale Unboxing & Review - frame ...jpg
Hot Toys Darth Vader Return of the Jedi Unboxing - frame at 12m4s.jpg

Still waiting on mine and this will be my first HT figure with USB lighting. While I think I do prefer USB lighting when it is displayed on the stand, I often like to move my figures around and re-pose them off the stands, and "play" with them! So I don't love the idea of seeing wires running from the figures. Has anyone thought of a way to maybe attach (or is there even such a thing) a mini battery pack that would plug in to the lights directly or at least to the USB box to power the lights when not connected to power directly? I just wish they found a way to provide 2 lighting options, because there is something to be said about not seeing wires attached to your figures.

Still waiting on mine and this will be my first HT figure with USB lighting. While I think I do prefer USB lighting when it is displayed on the stand, I often like to move my figures around and re-pose them off the stands, and "play" with them! So I don't love the idea of seeing wires running from the figures. Has anyone thought of a way to maybe attach (or is there even such a thing) a mini battery pack that would plug in to the lights directly or at least to the USB box to power the lights when not connected to power directly? I just wish they found a way to provide 2 lighting options, because there is something to be said about not seeing wires attached to your figures.
A portable power pack will work the lighting.

Hot Toys Star Wars Episode Vi Return Of The Jedi  Darth Vader MMS700 Hands on & Unboxing - fra...jpg

Apologies for the little non-HT question, but all the Vader experts seem to be in this thread lol.

Can anyone recommend a good non-HT Vader figure with the ESB/ROTJ helmet design? I am talking specifically about the different eye shape that he has in those 2 films and how the dome sits a bit higher, compared to the OWK/RO/ANH look.

The Hot Toys ESB version (even with the extreme insectoid-shaped eyes) and this new 40th anniversary ROTJ one nail it, but none of the cheaper Black Series or TVC versions seem to get it right.

There is something off about the Black Series ESB version (the dome is shaped weird) and the ROTJ 40th TVC version doesn't seem to be accurate either.

However, the Dark Times TVC figure did the Kenobi/RO/ANH design perfect in a cheaper form, so I am essentially looking for something similar but for ESB/ROTJ instead.

The closest to this in a non-Hot Toys form:

Screenshot 2024-08-22 225440.jpg

I've researched quite a lot and it SH Figuarts ROTJ Vader comes very close.

I will really appreciate if someone can give some expert knowledge.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Apologies for the little non-HT question, but all the Vader experts seem to be in this thread lol.

Can anyone recommend a good non-HT Vader figure with the ESB/ROTJ helmet design? I am talking specifically about the different eye shape that he has in those 2 films and how the dome sits a bit higher, compared to the OWK/RO/ANH look.

The Hot Toys ESB version (even with the extreme insectoid-shaped eyes) and this new 40th anniversary ROTJ one nail it, but none of the cheaper Black Series or TVC versions seem to get it right.

There is something off about the Black Series ESB version (the dome is shaped weird) and the ROTJ 40th TVC version doesn't seem to be accurate either.

However, the Dark Times TVC figure did the Kenobi/RO/ANH design perfect in a cheaper form, so I am essentially looking for something similar but for ESB/ROTJ instead.

The closest to this in a non-Hot Toys form:

View attachment 721731

I've researched quite a lot and it SH Figuarts ROTJ Vader comes very close.

I will really appreciate if someone can give some expert knowledge.

Thank you!

I’m into the SH Figuarts line. The helmet on the RotJ Figuarts is your best bet. Although the OWK version is the most poseable.

I stay away from black series, they can’t hold a pose worth beans. I have the OWK one, it’s overall the better one I think

Keep in mind the smaller the scale the harder it is to get the details right
1724370362482.jpeg

It bothers me that Hot Toys still uses faux leather. What's their problem with nylon? I think Battle Damaged Vader will be the only safe Vader purchase for me.

A portable power pack will work the lighting.

View attachment 721710

Yes and no on this. Most packs have to draw a certain amount of power to stay on. I have three different packs and tried them all a couple months ago on a few figures. They all automatically powered off after a certain amount of time, usually less than a couple minutes, because the lights didn’t draw enough power to tell the pack to stay on.

That being said, if someone knows for a certainty which pack/packs will stay on while drawing such a small amount of power please tell us which one it is.

Back