1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
470DEA70-08FC-4E23-BBCF-5473723D5555.jpeg

Unfortunately, I’ve just accepted that HT doesn’t nail these Vader helmets, and they’ll never recreate it as good as they could most likely get it. If INART had the Disney license, I bet that would probably force Hot Toys to care more about their Star Wars figures. Oh well.
I've accepted this long ago, and I'm all for accuracy. HT figures, Sideshow statues, Gentle Giant busts etc. will never be as good as they could be.

It does look like the chest armor bump at the top I mentioned isn't bad like I thought. Looks pretty good in that review

This is the typical anxiety ridden pre release scrutiny as always, this is with dx28 the best 1:6 Vader yet, and by far the best OT one so far.

Still amazing though how they cannot get the cape material right. They absolutely nailed it with RoTJ emperor's robe wich seems a harder thing to do then a plain black cape :monkey5

Planned obsolescence

I forget which parts I used, but you can make a very fine ANH Vader with some parts from the RO/Tarkin Vader. This ROTJ looks like it may be the best 'straight from the box' OT Vader.

I'm glad too that I can 'fix" my ESB Vader with no problems.

Planned obsolescence

I forget which parts I used, but you can make a very fine ANH Vader with some parts from the RO/Tarkin Vader. This ROTJ looks like it may be the best 'straight from the box' OT Vader.

I'm glad too that I can 'fix" my ESB Vader with no problems.
No problems except that a OBW Vader body is almost $300.

The ESB Vader I have is taller, so I must have used ankle pegs. I don't remember.

The only bummer is you can't do the back-of-the-head reveal with the ROTJ Vader.
Yeah that does suck. I was hoping it would come with a blank face head like the QS version.

Essentially what HT does with their OT Vader figures.

View attachment 720593
The ANH/R1/OWK sculpt is pretty wonky. It has the crooked lower lip and different shaped cheeks.

TESB sculpt is the closest to being symmetrical, with only the cheeks being wonky.

The new ROTJ sculpt suffers from some of the same issues as TESB version, but has the better sculpted eyes.

ANHVC.jpg
TESBC.jpg
ROTJC.jpg

The ANH/R1/OWK sculpt is pretty wonky. It has the crooked lower lip and different shaped cheeks.

TESB sculpt is the closest to being symmetrical, with only the cheeks being wonky.

The new ROTJ sculpt suffers from some of the same issues as TESB version, but has the better sculpted eyes.

View attachment 721639View attachment 721640View attachment 721641
Overall, I’m not too fussed about that. I really like the new helmet mold and I’m glad we have this over the derpy, insectoid TESB version. It’s the rest of the Jedi figure that leaves some to be desired.. However, after watching Justin’s video, I feel more at peace about it!

Back