1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way to flatten the cape on the shoulders? Even water treatment?
I don't know if water will work, but it's worth a try. It looks like they've tried to stitch the cape shoulders to fit/match the contour of the armour underneath. It's just bizarre.

TESB and R1 capes are way nicer, but the collar is inaccurate to ROTJ and will need to be modified.

Maybe JAXON will make some better capes if he gets the numbers.

The leather on my Tarkin Vader has started to go. Would this suit fit that body?
Yes it will, but if you care about accuracy you'll have to mix and match, as the chest box on this version is fixed into the vest, and can't be moved.
So you could use the pants and inner vest from this version along with outer vest on the Tarkin Vader.

Yes it will, but if you care about accuracy you'll have to mix and match, as the chest box on this version is fixed into the vest, and can't be moved.
So you could use the pants and inner vest from this version along with outer vest on the Tarkin Vader.
That's what I ended up doing for my ANH Vader. OWK suit is not quite as tight fitting to the ANH body but it works well enough.

The light up helmet is a nice accessory.

I might stand it in the window this coming Hallows eve. It should frighten the little beggars away.:D

DSC_0113.JPG
DSC_0115.JPG
DSC_0111.JPG
DSC_0108.JPG

Thanks for that. It's only the pants for now that are flaking. Hopefully HT does another for the 50th with a full nylon suit.

Probably a good bet. Vader is the new fett and mandalorian.
And there’s an important one that remains: Ep. III Vader. I seriously hope they make it in 1/6. I recall they had that prototype in 1/4.

Personally, one of my grails and favorite Vader costume design.

Last edited:
And there’s an important one that remains: Ep. III Vader. I seriously hope they make it in 1/6. I recall they had that prototype in 1/4.

Personally, one of my grails and favorite Vader costume design.
I’m sure it’s on the way next year. I would like it to include the operating table.

I don't know if water will work, but it's worth a try. It looks like they've tried to stitch the cape shoulders to fit/match the contour of the armour underneath. It's just bizarre.

TESB and R1 capes are way nicer, but the collar is inaccurate to ROTJ and will need to be modified.

Maybe JAXON will make some better capes if he gets the numbers.
that's why I might keep my R1 and not trade it in

Back