1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comparison of the different ROTJ 1/6 Vader's spanning 20+ years...MEDICOM, SIDESHOW and HOT TOYS
I picked up the old MEDICOM version a few years back. Unfortunately the pleather suit had completely crumbled to dust, so i had to paint over the under fabric.

DSC_5897.JPG
DSC_0149.JPG

DSC_5890.JPG

Comparison of the different ROTJ 1/6 Vader's spanning 20+ years...MEDICOM, SIDESHOW and HOT TOYS
I picked up the old MEDICOM version a few years back. Unfortunately the pleather suit had completely crumbled to dust, so i had to paint over the under fabric.

View attachment 726808View attachment 726807
View attachment 726810
I have all 3 of those as well. How's your Medicom? Is that still the original suit?

I have one I bought still NIB waaay back when it was released. I never opened it as years later I read about the suit flaking. It looks like new still in the box, but I read others who also had it stored and new in box said it started to flake shortly after they opened it, so I never have.

I might be proven wrong, but i'd say it's doubtful if anyone still has the MEDI version with a pristine suit.
I own the Tomy Real Action Vader too. The kit with the metal body you have to assemble. I think it's like 10" so like a 1/8 scale figure. I've also never opened that one as well. Not even sure what the suit material is. Wonder if that's pleather as well and will deteriorate..

My 1/6 Vader madness

From L to R...Custom DX28, HT ANH (customized), MEDICOM V1, HT TESB (customized), HT ROTJ, KAIYODO/SS custom and SIDESHOW DELUXE

View attachment 726815
Nice group...

I have the original Kenner 12" (from my childhood but missing the lightsaber :(), the GG jumbo retro 12", the MEDI ROTJ, both SS ANH & ESB/ROTJ Dx, HT ANH, HT OWK dx, HT ROTJ dx, HT 1/4 ROTJ, and several of the Hasbro 12' Vader's (Orig, Deluxe ROTJ, Maul 2pk, Anakin to Vader 2pk, Anakin masterpiece w/book)

I also have most 6" and I believe every Hasbro 3 3/4 Vader figure carded (not the original vintage, but I do have my 2 loose ones from childhood) from '95 to present. The Hasbro epic heroes and unleashed figures. And I the Tomy 10" and that Hyper real rubber Hasbro 8" Vader, which is surprisingly a really great Vader figure. The Jumbo Jaaks pacific Vader.... The Medicom VCD, a Beast Kingdom Vader. I'm sure others I'm forgetting too..

Then there's a few statues, a couple MR lightsabers, the Code 3 Metal Vader's Tie Fighter as well as other versions..

Basically, I too have a Vader collecting problem... :rotfl

Last edited:
Back