*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, zero hopes for this....more I see the more its a carbon copy of "the best of" scenes from the first two films , updated to todays levels.
Nothing original here, and as far as hyping it for the director, the new Evil Dead and Don't Breath are hardly things to promote a film with.

Gonna be a flashy retread.......
I agree that it looks like a best of / greatest hits compilation, and I am not a fan of the design of the alien (so far), but it looks really well done.
Also, it seems a sincere "homage" to the franchise, made with true heart and passion. Highly doubtful it'll be a classic like Alien or Aliens (not that anybody was expecting that), but it seems to me that it has all the right ingredients to make it at least a good sci-fi horror movie.
I will keep an eye out for it in Imax here.

I already got my tickets. Want to try and grab a popcorn bucket.

Speaking of which, looks like there are three options.

AMC:

Cinemark:

Regal:

I'm partial to the facehugger, seems more versatile and you could probably remove and put it anywhere.

Cinemark has a Covenant-style head with some sculpt and paint detail. I can see people puttying and painting over the lid seam, using it as a display piece.

Regal has a less detailed head, but with an open mouth and neck?

With the young casting it looks like a slasher movie.
Yeah that's the only thing giving me reservations right now. I'm not sure how much I'll really care about a bunch of hot 20-somethings getting killed off by a xenomorph.

Although I suppose the franchise hasn't done much better recreating the vibe of the original movie with it's crew of older roughnecks, as none of those casts ever felt as believable and authentic to me as Dallas and Co. So maybe it's good they're going a different route with this one...

Yeah that's the only thing giving me reservations right now. I'm not sure how much I'll really care about a bunch of hot 20-somethings getting killed off by a xenomorph.

Although I suppose the franchise hasn't done much better recreating the vibe of the original movie with it's crew of older roughnecks, as none of those casts ever felt as believable and authentic to me as Dallas and Co. So maybe it's good they're going a different route with this one...
Well, I didn't think they looked "hot"....maybe they can act unlike the usual slasher films where everyone does something dumb.

Can an alien live forever without "food"...? I mean, does it really feed on the trespassers it eats... or just killing to defend itself? Otherwise using their bio-material to grow eggs.

That was part of the beautiful mystery and cyclical nature of the original Alien that was lost once a "Queen" was introduced.

That’s the thing with Alien, it felt and still feels real, almost like a documentary where the camera just happened to catch a moment in time.
That was lost with subsequent movies in the series, don’t get me wrong Aliens is superb but that veneer of reality was lost and the Alien reduced to a space termite.
The lovecraftian elements were also lost, and for me didn’t return until Covenant where Milton, Wells and Shelly were added to the mix.

I’m not expecting anything new from Romulus, just a well made horror film, a mix of Alien and Aliens on steroids.

A few new pics of the Xenomorph

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1721466355587.jpg
    FB_IMG_1721466355587.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1721466361501.jpg
    FB_IMG_1721466361501.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1721466367753.jpg
    FB_IMG_1721466367753.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 0
Fairly bogstandard modern-xeno design really. The film looks like it'll be watchable at least. The trailer gives away what I assume must be the demise of so many of these characters. Maybe their thinking is that fans will fully expect there to be only one or two survivors by the end of the film - one will obviously be Cailee Spaeny because she's the Ripley-insert.

Fairly bogstandard modern-xeno design really. The film looks like it'll be watchable at least. The trailer gives away what I assume must be the demise of so many of these characters. Maybe their thinking is that fans will fully expect there to be only one or two survivors by the end of the film - one will obviously be Cailee Spaeny because she's the Ripley-insert.
It's a rather generic Xenomorph design. Like something you'd see I a comic book or videogame. It's fine. Nothing exciting. The only parts of the design I don't like are the amber dome (much prefer a smokey grey dome like Big Chap) and the digitigrade legs.
As for the film, I'm expecting a competent horror movie but nothing special.

Yeah this is it. All
It will be is who survives from this group, but do we really care?

I was recently surprised by Twisters though, somehow they made several characters in that likable and deeper than expected.

So......

Actually I expect a subversion there.

The foyer statues aren’t 100 percent accurate to the onscreen version, the teeth are different as are the gums which are white in the movie.

Which is why I kinda like the design, love the white gums and tongue of the Giger Alien.

With the young casting it looks like a slasher movie.
Or
8xok5z.gif

"care about" or enjoy seeing them all killed. It's a fine line. :wink1:
Though the trope is you are supposed to care at least one of them survives, Out the gate here I could tell, I won't care about any of these xeno-slasher-baits surviving.

Last edited:
Or
8xok5z.gif

"care about" or relish in and enjoy seeing them all killed. It's a fine line. :wink1:
Though the trope is you are supposed to care at least one of them survives, out the gate here I could tell, I won't care about any of these xeno-slasher-baits surviving.

As long as the xeno isn't blown out an air lock, I'm good.

It's not summer without a few popcorn flicks. Also, being "kids" they probably could do a lot of their own running etc. :monkey3

Back