*BEWARE SPOILERS* Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26th, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, I watched the Joker 2 trailer and got excited, but the Deadpool/Wolverine left me flat.

But here's the difference:

You'll see Deadpool... and Joker 2.

I won't see Deadpool... but I'll see Joker 2.

Off the two of us, what made more money?
Fair enough but I did see Deadpool twice already so it evens it out :lol

I’ve only seen Joker 1 once. Bought the Blu Ray but is one of those heavy films that takes its toll on you. I’ll finally open that blu ray up and see it again before Joker 2 but for me it hasn’t had the rewatch ability a Marvel movie has.

Plus, we all know it’s not about money, it’s about sending a message. Hopefully the message the studios are getting is that if they make movies people want to see, they’ll be profitable. Keep churning out Captain Marvels and Eternals and they’ll continue to lose money.

Shall we mention some of Hugh Jackman's bombs too then?

She's playing a comic book character. And I believe she likely has more world wide fans as a musician than actor-only Jackman.

I could care less personally, but we shall see.
I never said her movies were bad or bombed just that her musical popularity has yet to translate into any box office bonanzas. Joker 2 will likely do quite well but I doubt that it will have the fun factor that helped D&W draw the big opening numbers.

I’ve only seen Joker 1 once. Bought the Blu Ray but is one of those heavy films that takes its toll on you. I’ll finally open that blu ray up and see it again before Joker 2 but for me it hasn’t had the rewatch ability a Marvel movie has.

Plus, we all know it’s not about money, it’s about sending a message. Hopefully the message the studios are getting is that if they make movies people want to see, they’ll be profitable. Keep churning out Captain Marvels and Eternals and they’ll continue to lose money.
I honestly have no idea how joker made a Billie, it never made sense to me, it's great but not a crowd pleaser, not a fun summer action movie.
it's not a movie for families or kids, it's depressing. dark.
I still never understood the billion it reached

:lol

Damn, now you force me to sit thru Lady Gaga a 2nd time. Damn you!

Seriously though, I have no idea obviously how Joker 2 will do. I'm just saying, Gaga has a large following... couple that with Harley AND Joker, and maybe you get a monster opening.

I never said her movies were bad or bombed
I know that, I was just pointing out that Jackman is also not a crowd-drawer either on his own necessarily.

It's who they play (Harley and Wolverine) that draws the crowds. Add in their respective audience after that. I think Gaga may have a bigger fan base to draw from (women and especially those that liked that dumb A Star Is Born).

Then there's also JOKER fan base to add to that. That's where it gets huge.

I know that, I was just pointing out that Jackman is also not a crowd-drawer either on his own necessarily.

It's who they play (Harley and Wolverine) that draws the crowds. Add in their respective audience after that. I think Gaga may have a bigger fan base to draw from (women and especially those that liked that dumb A Star Is Born).

there was huge, gigantic buzz for wolverine returning. huge. everywhere.

for Gaga and joker 2, I have not seen much buzz. not really. I'm not saying it won't do big.
but I don't see the enthusiasm

and the movie could always end up being bad.

I don't see Joker 2 doing much. I'll see it, but not at the theater. This musical **** and potential dream **** aren't doing much for me. The first trailer gave me some hope. The second one added to my concerns to how it will play out. I want to be wrong. As depressing as it was I enjoyed Phoenix as Joker. I don't think Gaga is a good actor.

Logan dies in 2029.

DP&W takes place in 2024.

So are there currently 2 Logan’s in Wades universe? Or do we just chalk it up to classic Fox universe continuity.
Didn't they use the date of the Logan movie being made rather than the date Logan dies of 2029? I could have sworn it said 2017 when Deadpool went to dig him up.

Didn't they use the date of the Logan movie being made rather than the date Logan dies of 2029? I could have sworn it said 2017 when Deadpool went to dig him up.
Does it count as a continuity error if the movie wasn't in the MCU? It's even more confusing when Deadpool breaks the 4th wall and talks to viewers, implying he's aware that the movie Logan came out in 2017. Maybe Deadpool is part of our timeline, not the MCU timeline? I say just roll with it. :lol

IDK, I think more women will be drawn to a shirtless, ripped Jackman and a quippy Reynolds than to Gaga in a dark, twisted Joker movie. I'd be willing to bet that the audience for the first Joker movie skewed decidedly male & Gaga probably won't change that significantly for J2. And that's not a diss of her. They may both be comic book movies, but (unless I've completely misread J2's trailers) they'll be at opposite ends of the R-rated CBM spectrum. I don't know many women who would see the J2 trailers and say "that looks like a fun night at the movies". :lol

I assumed the fox Xmen series was already multiple timelines. Logan was a parallel timeline to DP's, as the MCU describes neighbouring universes as timelines while more distant ones are called different universes but in reality each separate timeline is a separate universe so the terms are interchangeable.

DP's Logan will die in near future so his timeline will lose its anchor being. No point in DP trying to use that one to save the day as he will still die resulting in same issue.

DP's time travel device is actually a multiverse travel device too (he was able to universe hop in DP2, killing Origins Deadpool, killing Ryan Reynolds while also altering his own timeline to save his loved ones). So, if he had the device he could go to the neighbouring Logan reality to dig up logans corpse and the 616 reality to speak to Happy Hogan. Contrived but not plot holes.

That's a boy's view of women.
WTF do you mean by that, JUNIOR?? :lol

Obviously generalizing about any particular demographic can be problematic, but statistically speaking I believe the numbers probably support my statement. There's a difference between (a) blood and gore in an R-rated buddy action/comedy that is obviously inspired by comic books and (b) similar blood and gore in another R-rated "CBM" that is decidedly darker & likely populated with twisted, sadistic characters that would feel right at home in a slasher movie. It's not that one is better than the other, but one is probably (statistically) more appealing.

I understand, but I would say -- and I HATE that I have become the Lady Gag-me-with-a spoon champion -- that women will be intrigued by the romance angle (make believe or not) of Joker 2, and the intrigue women have with crazy people and murder (CSI, Housewifes, etc).

If kids date anymore, this will make a perfect date movie.

I have no idea if this will have a huge opening, I was joking mostly through all this, I know you know that. But that said, that 2019 movie made a billion dollars. Never saw that coming. So there seems to be a curiosity factor there built in, and Lady Gaga may benefit from it as well as bring in even more.

This definitely drew in more outlier movie goers. Joker 2 isn't going to have the same pull. It doesn't have the same hype. Joker was an anomaly. It did not need a sequel, but money talks. Again, I hope it's good. My gut says, "No." Phoenix loves quirky roles and for whatever reason wants to sing; which he's only passable at doing.

WTF do you mean by that, JUNIOR?? :lol

Obviously generalizing about any particular demographic can be problematic, but statistically speaking I believe the numbers probably support my statement. There's a difference between (a) blood and gore in an R-rated buddy action/comedy that is obviously inspired by comic books and (b) similar blood and gore in another R-rated "CBM" that is decidedly darker & likely populated with twisted, sadistic characters that would feel right at home in a slasher movie. It's not that one is better than the other, but one is probably (statistically) more appealing.

I understand, but I would say -- and I HATE that I have become the Lady Gag-me-with-a spoon champion -- that women will be intrigued by the romance angle (make believe or not) of Joker 2, and the intrigue women have with crazy people and murder (CSI, Housewifes, etc).

If kids date anymore, this will make a perfect date movie.

I have no idea if this will have a huge opening, I was joking mostly through all this, I know you know that. But that said, that 2019 movie made a billion dollars. Never saw that coming. So there seems to be a curiosity factor there built in, and Lady Gaga may benefit from it as well as bring in even more.

audience for joker was 62% male. 8 checked.

also sequels tend to have a harder time sometimes

See, I watched the Joker 2 trailer and got excited, but the Deadpool/Wolverine left me flat.

But here's the difference:

You'll see Deadpool... and Joker 2.

I won't see Deadpool... but I'll see Joker 2.

Off the two of us, what made more money?
Really ???

Joker 2 ????

Blah……

It’s like they are taking everything I hated about Joker and multiplying it by 100

Back