Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In regards to the colour scheme, does anyone else think they've brought elements of that blue-ish coloured predator to this one. Mostly the legs, they seem to have a real pale look to them, whereas i thought the "gort" pred had basically a pred 2 colour scheme.

I highly doubt any HT Pred would cost $200+ upon release.
Once you include shipping it will be. And you really can't compare this to a regular released piece. I don't really see this lower than $189. I hope I'm wrong...I really do hope it's lower than that.

Once you include shipping it will be. And you really can't compare this to a regular released piece. I don't really see this lower than $189. I hope I'm wrong...I really do hope it's lower than that.

If I'm attending the con and will pick it up, then shipping should be free.
Plus I'm in OR, so S&H is usually like $10 at the most for the usual 1/6 stuff I get from Sideshow.

@Karamazov80: :lol

I just read that discussion. If the original Pred listed for 22,000, and this one lists for 20,000, then you may well be right. I hope so. Though I'm still not sure why there is a MSRP at all for exclusives sold at 3 places by maybe 2-3 retailers. Maybe that's just the marketing gimmick in Hong Kong.

How is setting a selling price a market gimmick? That's how business is done and I'd prefer that a hell of a lot more than, "Hey guys, sell it for whatever you want. Crank that ____ up and rape those _____es!"

How so? IMO, it's not dissimilar from the Lost Predator.

Wait, so the P1 is where the whole 22,000 yen thing came from?? Well then, of course the Guardian will be less than $200!

Think about it. The P1's retail price on SS was $170, when his yen price was supposed to be 22,000. If Guardian's supposed yen price is 20,000, then we'll either get him for $170 at the most, or less! At least, attendees should. I doubt this guy will break the bank as long as the primary market still has him in-stock. Once he gets on eBay, then yeah. Different story. Those of us hoping to PPO him should be fine, though. Even if you end up getting him on the 2nd.

How is setting a selling price a market gimmick? That's how business is done and I'd prefer that a hell of a lot more than, "Hey guys, sell it for whatever you want. Crank that ____ up and rape those _____es!"
Again, if there are 2-3 retailers, what good is an MSRP? Particularly if it is so drastically different from what those retailers are actually going to charge? To keep the consumers from being screwed? Do you think HT believes Sideshow is gonna do that without an MSRP being listed? So even if one exists, why advertise it? Folks in the U.S. aren't being told that the MSRP on these figures costs X when Sideshow charges Y, because they don't expect it with con exclusives, and it wouldn't affect anything if they did.

This is happening with the Asian releases. Having friends who have been to Hong Kong/China, I know that there is a culture of haggling there. That could be part of the marketing culture, where folks expect not to pay the announced price for anything.

Again, if there are 2-3 retailers, what good is an MSRP? Particularly if it is so drastically different from what those retailers are actually going to charge? To keep the consumers from being screwed? Do you think HT believes Sideshow is gonna do that without an MSRP being listed? So even if one exists, why advertise it? Folks in the U.S. aren't being told that the MSRP on these figures costs X when Sideshow charges Y, because they don't expect it with con exclusives, and it wouldn't affect anything if they did.

This is happening with the Asian releases. Having friends who have been to Hong Kong/China, I know that there is a culture of haggling there. That could be part of the marketing culture, where folks expect not to pay the announced price for anything.

If this is an SDCC Ex, Sideshow will do the MSRP and likely any retailer who snags it from them will knock off around $9 or so. I don't get what you're trying to say. And really, there isn't much of a different price staple in Asia. Once you do the conversions, minus shipping and U.S. taxes, the prices always work out to be fairly close to what we pay anyway.

When sideshow has them on july 2nd for non attende, is it going to be instock? or is it a preorder and will ship around sep-oct? and another question, ive never ordered directly of sideshow, when you place a preorder from them, do you pay on the spot, or do you pay when is ships?

When sideshow has them on july 2nd for non attende, is it going to be instock? or is it a preorder and will ship around sep-oct? and another question, ive never ordered directly of sideshow, when you place a preorder from them, do you pay on the spot, or do you pay when is ships?

When it ships and likely they'll be in stock shortly after SDCC.

The evidence (based on what I've read only in the other "Gort" thread and here) is that the "yen" MSRP cost of a HT figure is well above actual price that retailers will charge, and that this was the case with the P1 Predator, which was listed as essentially be $240 based on MSRP, but apparently did not cost this much initially either in Asia or in the states. Sideshow didn't charge that much, and they were, as usual, generally charging more than the stores they distribute figures to (at $170). This Predator was supposedly listed as costing 20,000 yen. If true, MSRP would be $220.

So, either Sideshow will do the MSRP as you suggest ($220), or it will charge far below that, which you suggested earlier ($170).

Frankly, I'm still not sure what cost will be because I'm not sure of the facts that others have given about past behavior (I'm not even sure how the yen and dollars have fluctuated in value since early last year), but the logic that you list an MSRP far above what a con exclusive figure will cost makes little sense to me.

The evidence (based on what I've read only in the other "Gort" thread and here) is that the "yen" MSRP cost of a HT figure is well above actual price that retailers will charge, and that this was the case with the P1 Predator, which was listed as essentially be $240 based on MSRP, but apparently did not cost this much initially either in Asia or in the states. Sideshow didn't charge that much, and they were, as usual, generally charging more than the stores they distribute figures to (at $170). This Predator was supposedly listed as costing 20,000 yen. If true, MSRP would be $220.

So, either Sideshow will do the MSRP as you suggest ($220), or it will charge far below that, which you suggested earlier ($170).

Frankly, I'm still not sure what cost will be because I'm not sure of the facts that others have given about past behavior (I'm not even sure how the yen and dollars have fluctuated in value since early last year), but the logic that you list an MSRP far above what a con exclusive figure will cost makes little sense to me.

I see now. I think you're going off of the inflated preorder prices of stores like BBTS, etc. Basically, that's bull____ tactics. They wanna guarantee your PPO by being the first to offer it and then take 15% from you with your cancellation. The prices naturally subdue to a normal level once Sideshow offers the ACTUAL MSRP. We saw this recently with Wiplash.

Welp, i'm gonna try to order this from Sideshow, the non attendee version. If I dont get it, I dont get it. :dunno

No skin off my sack.

I see now. I think you're going off of the inflated preorder prices of stores like BBTS, etc. Basically, that's bull____ tactics. They wanna guarantee your PPO by being the first to offer it and then take 15% from you with your cancellation. The prices naturally subdue to a normal level once Sideshow offers the ACTUAL MSRP. We saw this recently with Wiplash.

i think maybe he means that the suggested retail price (i.e. the price on Hot Toys Japan site) is not what anyone actually charges e.g. Hot Toys JP official price for pred was ¥22,000, but most retailers had him up for about ¥17,000. i don't think it's like BBTS making up a retail price, these are the official prices from Hot Toys Japan.

Awesome, awesome. Well, I'd then guess that Gort will likely be less than $170, but then again, P1 was no SDCC exclusive, nor was he anywhere near as limited. Less than the $200 mark for sure. Not saying we have grounds to make an educated guess, but if you take into account what happened before, I wouldn't be too worried about price.

@Nam: In regards to your reply to lambo944, why would SS get non-attendee Gorts in-stock after SDCC? According to the release dates, the first 350 would be released on July 17th and the last 150 on the 18th. Granted, SDCC attendees will be getting them sooner, but I don't think it's impossible for non-attendees to recieve theirs sometime during that same week.

@CelticP: Get on the comp at 10AM PST July 2nd, bro! YOU CAN DO IT!

Awesome, awesome. Well, I'd then guess that Gort will likely be less than $170, but then again, P1 was no SDCC exclusive, nor was he anywhere near as limited. Less than the $200 mark for sure. Not saying we have grounds to make an educated guess, but if you take into account what happened before, I wouldn't be too worried about price.

@Nam: In regards to your reply to lambo944, why would SS get non-attendee Gorts in-stock after SDCC? According to the release dates, the first 350 would be released on July 17th and the last 150 on the 18th. Granted, SDCC attendees will be getting them sooner, but I don't think it's impossible for non-attendees to recieve theirs sometime during that same week.

@CelticP: Get on the comp at 10AM PST July 2nd, bro! YOU CAN DO IT!

The Gray Iron Man was an SDCC Ex and if memory serves, wasn't any differently priced than the other. As far as non-attendee versions, usually it's done like a mini PPO. They'll preorder BEFORE SDCC. You'll be billed around SDCC, and receive it about 1-2 weeks AFTER. They usually favor the attendees and those who're non-attendee are handled afterward, once everything's back to normal at Sideshow HQ. Though, on one/two occasions, there've been exceptions where we get them just before.

If I'm attending the con and will pick it up, then shipping should be free.
Plus I'm in OR, so S&H is usually like $10 at the most for the usual 1/6 stuff I get from Sideshow
You'll definitely get it cheaper than non-attendees.

How so? IMO, it's not dissimilar from the Lost Predator.
Lost wasn't an exclusive. You could get it at any retailer. An example of why this will be more than a regular release: MarkIII was about $160; Gunmetal IM was $190

Wait, so the P1 is where the whole 22,000 yen thing came from?? Well then, of course the Guardian will be less than $200!

No, the 22,000 was what it (Gort) was listed on a flyer for these pieces.

Back