Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I'm sure lots of folks like this figure largely because of his mask, I actually think it looks dumb. I like the figure despite that, because it's a wacky repaint of what is probably my favorite HT figure of all.

While a majority of people couldn't fathom it, some people eat turds. So I suspect there'll be a small minority that don't like it.

Is there anyone here who can help me out in getting this Pred? I am from India so there is no way i can get the attendee version and i heard that the shipping on sideshow is super expensive. So can some one help out a fellow freak. Please

Yes. The kind of poetic wisdom as we could only expect from thenam. I'm sure he will also wow us with a video of a two-legged horse and a giant FAIL picture soon.

lol, I have no idea what's going on right now... :D
BTW, roughly how close to the actual PPO date do we find out what the prices are? Or do we just show up and make our financial decision on the spot?

On another note, for everyone who wondered where I bought my Lost Pred yesterday, here's a link to the relisted item. Same seller, same everything. Like I said, the days of getting a cheap Lost Predator are pretty much over, and this is still not too bad, considering it's lower than Sideshow's price when including shippin (back when it was still available). As of now, there are 2 Lost Preds up for grabs:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160440401006

Is there anyone here who can help me out in getting this Pred? I am from India so there is no way i can get the attendee version and i heard that the shipping on sideshow is super expensive. So can some one help out a fellow freak. Please

You could always try ebay. There are many reasonable sellers out there who sell this stuff with reasonable prices/shipping and ship worldwide.

It would be tough since most people here wants to get one and Sideshow only allows one per person. You'll have to find someone that isn't looking to get one but is willing to help you get one. Maybe check in the marvel thread since some people there will probably just sign on to get the Mark VI bust and maybe they can pick up the Guardian Pred for you while they're at it. That or just as Sideshow Customer service how much shipping would be to India. You never know. Might be reasonable?

Sideshow shipping prices are quite reasonable. They made a deal with Fedex that provides very good prices for international shipping starting the beginning of 2010. I don't see a board member helping you out being that much cheaper. A board member could probably declare it as a gift and save you custom charges. However, shipping charges would be expensive as well since you would be paying to have Sideshow ship it to him (domestically) and then for him to ship it to you (internationally). Good luck!

Im really tempted to buy this on ebay right now but 500 is a bit too much what do you people think? Will it be available for less later on or will the price just go up and up like they usually do?

I would love to get this Predator mainly because of the Gort mask. Honestly if I could get a copy on that particular mask I would pass up the figure. I have an extra P2 which I had specifically purchased to convert to a Gort. I have a resin 1/6 mask that I bought a while back on ebay but is less than accurate. This Hot Toys Gort bio mask is right on the money. We'll see waht happens July 2nd considering I work.

Tom

Tom

Its going to be another expensive predator summer there goes my R6 motorcycle I wanted oh well bike can wait preds can't!

Im really tempted to buy this on ebay right now but 500 is a bit too much what do you people think? Will it be available for less later on or will the price just go up and up like they usually do?

The price is a bit high. I would wait. If you are going to SDCC then get it for retail on 7/1. If not then you'll have a chance on 7/2. Worst case scenario you don't get it for retail and pay ebay prices after that. It is too early to pay $500. Good luck!

Yeah... no. I'd never give in to such prices. Chances are, once Guardian is actually released, most people on eBay might develop some common sense and sell their Guardians for a bit less. But only resort to that if you can't score on on the 1st or 2nd.

Once it is released, the people on ebay will jack the prices up even further unless Hot toys decide to make this a wide release.

On the 2nd, when i go to sideshow's website, do i sign in and wait till 10am or do i wait then an 10 i sign in?

I think it's a toss-up. Sometimes you can sign in before and it keeps you logged in, other times you have to do it again when you actually submit your order.

Thanks for the help I guess ill wait for the 2nd then. Anyone know if it will be 10:00 pacific time or eastern time? It's a three hour different from ny/nj to california so ill be ready

Back