Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 or 4 months ago no one knew Gort was coming so anyone who wanted a Lost Predator for his own uniqueness would have already bought him. I did order him alongside the dog alien when he first went up for preorder but cancelled. Just figured I'd have no use for him when I didn't have the Elder predator. But Gort predators bio and paint scheme just looked too cool to not buy him regardless of not having the Elder that I decided 'might aswell go back and buy Lost predator too'. So theres my life story.

this new pred does look cool.l sold my preds so l wont be buying but im worried for you pred fans who will buy this because l think this is just the p1 repainted with p2 armor, so he might be another short pred.

He doesn't use it but Gort does have a Medi-Kit in the film.

Predator2_113.jpg

Borg doesn't have a Medi-Kit because his armor is different so it doesn't have the slot to hold one. Gort aka Guardian Predator has the exact same armor as P2. Same Plasma Cannon, Medi-Kit, etc.

Also, Gort is supposed to have the same color armor AND skin color as P2 because it's a duplicate P2 suit with just a different bio. HT took some creative license and decided to give this figure a unique paint scheme (skin and armor) because it's a rehash of the previosuly released P1/P2 figures. But realistically, Gort should be an exact clone of P2 with a different bio (which is silver).

gortscreenshot.png

616_gort.jpg

:goodpost:

THANKS! :hi5:

I honestly never cared about the shortness -- it's another HT Pred! PARTAAYY! No? Okay... :( But really, the P1's fine. I have him displayed in a knees-bent pose, so you can't tell the size difference. It's only apparent if you have them standing straight up... but I'll never do that to any of my Preds. Their poses have to be cool.

I've got a busy Predator month ahead of me(June) I'll be getting my long awaited P2 Elder, Elvis's Zombie Pred, a Cleaner Kit Wolf(I'm making a Bad Blood custom.......stay tuned), Lost Pred, another V1 Wolf, and possibly another Scar Predator...............All from trades:lol

P.S. Thanks Blade3327 for hooking me up with this sweet ass signature:D

I've got a busy Predator month ahead of me(June) I'll be getting my long awaited P2 Elder, Elvis's Zombie Pred, a Cleaner Kit Wolf(I'm making a Bad Blood custom.......stay tuned), Lost Pred, another V1 Wolf, and possibly another Scar Predator...............All from trades:lol

I wish i could do a signature like that. It looks awesome!!!!

I wish i could do a signature like that. It looks awesome!!!!

You want a signature like it? I've got quite a few choices now: Lost Predator, Wolf Predator, BD Predator 2, AVP Elder, Chopper, Celtic, and Scar. All I gotta do is plug your name into it, then PM you with it :). I might do some AVP ones later on, but for now, this is what I've got. Any of these suit your fancy (this can apply to others interested, not just lambo944)?

Glad you like it, bro!

Last edited:
I really want this fig, but I can't stand the hysteria that is surrounding it. I think I might just focus on the Predators coming out for the movie.

Just to clarify, the 500/300 numbers with respect to edition size for Gort and Sarah are only for Japan (specifically the 2010 Tokyo Toy Show). So the total edition size will be significantly larger when taking into consideration the various conventions/fairs coming up throughout the world. And the 22,000 yen price is not really a MSRP but rather the pre-order price as this will only be available through the show. This price is also not necessarily reflective of the U.S. price as prices in Japan are typically higher.

Just to clarify, the 500/300 numbers with respect to edition size for Gort and Sarah are only for Japan (specifically the 2010 Tokyo Toy Show). So the total edition size will be significantly larger when taking into consideration the various conventions/fairs coming up throughout the world. And the 22,000 yen price is not really a MSRP but rather the pre-order price as this will only be available through the show. This price is also not necessarily reflective of the U.S. price as prices in Japan are typically higher.

Based on Hot Toys' actions surrounding previous Exclusives, I'd gather that your conclusions are correct. However, Hot Toys is also known for offering Asia ONLY Exclusives, but I don't think that's the case here.

Lets hope so! I really hope to manage to get this, it will look amazing with the Elder and Lost.

:gah:
I can't stop coming back to this thread to look at the pictures. I remember that when I first saw Predator 2 as a teen this was my favorite Pred from that end scene. I never knew that he was called "Gort", so after AvP came out I just referred to him in my mind as the "Original Celtic Predator." (oddly enough, I actually hate AvP's Celtic pred :dunno)

I came into the game too late to get a P2, but this will have to suffice.... is it July 2nd yet?

Though I'm sure lots of folks like this figure largely because of his mask, I actually think it looks dumb. I like the figure despite that, because it's a wacky repaint of what is probably my favorite HT figure of all.

Back