Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the mod with tin foil in the head, here r some pics i took.

20101124_003b.jpg

20101126_001b.jpg

WarMachine

20101126_010b.jpg

20101126_011b.jpg

20101128_002b.jpg

20101128_004b.jpg

20101128_005b.jpg

20101128_007b.jpg

All of my Hot Toys figures:
20101126_004b.jpg

What was the mod actually?
Can´t imagine what you did with that foil, man.
Wanna try to brighten up my WM´s eyes too once he´s arrived...

Did the same thing. I hated having to do it, as BBTS is here in Wisconsin with me and I like supporting their business, but they couldn't even give me an estimated arrival date. So it's off to CornerStore.

I didn't mind waiting for Hot Toys to tweak it. Well, I didn't mind TOO much, though it sucked. It let me know they were trying to make the figure great (Though it still has issues).

I can't sit here and watch people get their War Machine's when I preordered mine in April.

Got mine today. Really great figure. The weathering is pretty good and doesn't feel like cheap plastic as I've seen hinted by some. The light up features on the eyes aren't real bright but I won't have it on all the time as is. He looks good mixed in with the rest of my Iron Man stuff.

Review is done. Might have to redo a bit of it as I think I'm just over the 15 mins though I said during it I didn't think it was that long a review. :lol Pictures will be tomorrow as it was a bit too dark to take decent shots.

Man I wish I had me some Mark 1 :gah:

This is me :cuckoo: for not picking him up when he was released :slap

Not repeating that same mistake twice :nono

WM should be here next week :rock

i just received the mark 1 today... amazing. just put a shout out in the trading post or something. i got it from this board, really good deal, couldnt be happier.

What was the mod actually?
Can´t imagine what you did with that foil, man.
Wanna try to brighten up my WM´s eyes too once he´s arrived...

back in page 263, theres a post about increasing the brightness in the eyes for war machine. the guy actually used candy wrap, and me being out of candy wrap at the moment thats why i used tin foil instead. works the same. originally b4 this post i had tin foils in the head in between the ball joint. it increased brightness slightly, but it never crossed my mind to put it straight into the ball. :slap

i'm not as skilled as other modders on this forum so i'm too chickened to take that ball apart and replace the lcd inside, so that'll do for now.

heres the post that i was referring to.

Here's a mod for increasing light to the eyes... inserting aluminium foil to the LED to redirect the light that mostly directed up... more to the eyes

https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-139385-1-1.html

edit: wait its aluminum foil, not tin foil. u get the idea.

Last edited:
Recieved mine on the 29th. :yess: A day early, but won't be able to check it out till after I get off work in the morning. I may have to do the aluminum foil mod.

Back