Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics Batman29. I'm gutted for you about the surface damage, it looks a mess...Hope mine arrives ship shape:rolleyes:

I keep hearing raves about the size of the Tumbler. But, is it worth the price tag, and are the details as impressive as the size?

No only is it worth it, it's probably a great investment. The price will probably increase when the holidays get closer. Just take a look at what Hot Toys stuff from a few years ago is selling for today, double and sometimes triple retail.

Nice display :clap

Thanks Agen! Hope to get my shelves done within the next couple of years.

+1 Looks awesome!

Thanks Jay. Despite some of the factory issues, I really do like it. I would have liked to have seen more metal on it.

Great pics Batman29. I'm gutted for you about the surface damage, it looks a mess...Hope mine arrives ship shape:rolleyes:

It probably will. Most from what I have heard are in great shape. I really think my damages are NOT representative of the quality of the Hot Toys Tumbler, I am sure they are better visual condition.

I have to say though, if I got one that looked mint but the lights were not as bright, I would keep this one. Man, the thing lights up a wall when the lights are on. I would imagine all are like that though, it would explain why it needs so many batteries.

You will like yours Wanderer. It is a beauty piece.

No only is it worth it, it's probably a great investment. The price will probably increase when the holidays get closer. Just take a look at what Hot Toys stuff from a few years ago is selling for today, double and sometimes triple retail.

Agreed. I see this piece easily hitting $800 in the next few years UNLESS someone else comes out with one that is better.

I would sure like to know the edition size of these ...

Last edited:
Hi Riko

No, those are not glue spots. The damage you see in the pics are actually way lighter than in real life, I lightened them up to be seen better.

There is glue spots too on this. Three of them. They are in this photo too, in the out of focus region (two of them) and one more on the support rail (furthest left) of the tumbler roof. If you look closely at the photo, it looks like a white spec on the very far edge, because the glue is on the other side of it, it just starts there.

Riko, do you have any suggestions for removing the spots that are glue?

Also, the chip by the Trapazoid shape on the Tumbler, that is an actual chip, chipped right out of the Tumbler. Same with the one beside it. And it looks like it was retouched with paint, but clearly when you see the Tumbler, you can see it is dug out.

I have closer up pics of them, if someone is really interested I can post.

care to explain that with a photo?

and if what you mean are white spots like the ones you see sometimes left from superglue...well, I've seen that on ALL of the tumblers that have been photographed in detail.

edit:
HTBatmobileTumbler1_6Scale038.jpg

woow I just saw your next post, this is ^^^^ed up indeed.
Indeed try to contact the dealer or do it yourself if you are into building models

Hi Riko

No, those are not glue spots. The damage you see in the pics are actually way lighter than in real life, I lightened them up to be seen better.

There is glue spots too on this. Three of them. They are in this photo too, in the out of focus region (two of them) and one more on the support rail (furthest left) of the tumbler roof. If you look closely at the photo, it looks like a white spec on the very far edge, because the glue is on the other side of it, it just starts there.

Riko, do you have any suggestions for removing the spots that are glue?

Also, the chip by the Trapazoid shape on the Tumbler, that is an actual chip, chipped right out of the Tumbler. Same with the one beside it. And it looks like it was retouched with paint, but clearly when you see the Tumbler, you can see it is dug out.

I have closer up pics of them, if someone is really interested I can post.

Since this is plastic I would (I certainly would do it) use Tamiya model spray for plastic.
You have to tape all the rest off, so that the only exposed thing is that plate. And spray from 20 cm or so.

I would suggest this specific color: https://www.lsmodel.com/static/model_kinds/military/tamiya_tank/35263.files/black.jpg
This is not pure 'black' but it is called 'Nato Black' You can find it in any model shop
This would be the best color for the black on the Hot Toys tumbler.
Using just 'black' would make that plate stand out of the rest.

Here is a reference of what nato black looks like, from my Stealth fighter I spraid with the same "TS-63 NATO Black" spray
Stealth%20SCF1121.JPG

Stealth%20DSCF1120.JPG

Stealth%20DSCF1122.JPG

edit: nato black is actually the color many modellers use to paint a military plane or tank or whatever when they want it to have a realistic black look.
Since the Tumbler IS a military vechicle, I bet you when you use that spray, you won't see the difference with the rest of the body.

Last edited:
Riko, you are a stud! Thanks for the advice, I may try this, or better yet get an artist painter of mind to do it.

Thanks for the specific details, and the pics to boot. That was serious plus.

BTW, gorgeous paint job on the Stealth, and a beautiful model plane.

Thanks again Riko!

Greg

Since this is plastic I would (I certainly would do it) use Tamiya model spray for plastic.
You have to tape all the rest off, so that the only exposed thing is that plate. And spray from 20 cm or so.

I would suggest this specific color: https://www.lsmodel.com/static/model_kinds/military/tamiya_tank/35263.files/black.jpg
This is not pure 'black' but it is called 'Nato Black' You can find it in any model shop
This would be the best color for the black on the Hot Toys tumbler.
Using just 'black' would make that plate stand out of the rest.

Here is a reference of what nato black looks like, from my Stealth fighter I spraid with the same "TS-63 NATO Black" spray
Stealth%20SCF1121.JPG

Stealth%20DSCF1120.JPG

Stealth%20DSCF1122.JPG

edit: nato black is actually the color many modellers use to paint a military plane or tank or whatever when they want it to have a realistic black look.
Since the Tumbler IS a military vechicle, I bet you when you use that spray, you won't see the difference with the rest of the body.

Got mine from BBTS today. Luckily, no damage. Tumbler is HUGE. Now its time to find it a parking space in my home......

Looking at the tumbler, makes me want to keep my batpod since i have it on the FS board and get the tumbler again.. haha..

Just asking, is there a picture here somewhere of the Medicom DK sitting in this tumbler?

Great pics there TDK2301 - but you need to get the fins on there to complete the awesomeness! Then take more pics :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back