Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Takara cape was too thin and you could see through it. Neck joint didnt look great and wasnt acurate.

Tak Cape is one of the worst aspects of it, doesn't even look like the actual "flocked" Cape in Begins...

HT Cape looks flocked, it's much better tailored and now it is a manageable length for posing. I don't kow why anyone would want to put a Tak Cape on a HT Fig, makes NO sense to me.

PLUS, you guys getting the new suit will have a wired cape...

Hmmmm. The Tak cape is my favorite part because of the way it's cut and hangs off the body. HT's cape seems way too thick to me.

Hmmmm. The Tak cape is my favorite part because of the way it's cut and hangs off the body. HT's cape seems way too thick to me.

The material is wrong though. The Flocked cape has a velvety look to it, the Tak Cape is just light nylon or whatever... looks cheap to me.

About the cape, yes it has a hole - but this doesn' show when the neckpiece is fitted.
True about it being thin, but at least it drapes naturally - way better than the Hot Toys - also the light doesn't shine through when I see it on the shelve.

Maybe the neckpiece of the Takara is not naturally, but I am sure Hot Toys could have upgrated it. To me the Hot Toys version is too long (not saying it is a giraffe, but enough to annoy me)

I think they have put their most efforts in the new suit version.

But these are only my impressions.

Tak Cape is one of the worst aspects of it, doesn't even look like the actual "flocked" Cape in Begins...

HT Cape looks flocked, it's much better tailored and now it is a manageable length for posing. I don't kow why anyone would want to put a Tak Cape on a HT Fig, makes NO sense to me.

PLUS, you guys getting the new suit will have a wired cape...

You really think it looks like the flocked cape in the movie? The HT cape looks like any ol' material to me - too thick and doesn't hang well. And on top of that, it doesn't look too good sitting on Bat's shoulders. (It's also a bit short)

And because the cape is so thick, the "pins" that hold it down on Batman do not lay flat on the suit, which is fairly inaccurate.

01dncbehvbl7tzti6b8z.jpg

The Takara cape feels real nice and looks fantastic on the figure, as long as you don't have it against a backlight.

I haven't seen any pics in which HT Batman's head is turned more than a couple degrees from straight on. This leads me to think that moving the head turns the entire neck too? Like the first HT and Medicom Batman?

The material is wrong though. The Flocked cape has a velvety look to it, the Tak Cape is just light nylon or whatever... looks cheap to me.

Yeah but this is one of the few times that screen accuracy doesn't matter for me. I can barely tell the cape has a texture to it onscreen so it really doesn't matter if it translates to the figure.

I prefer the more natural hang of the Tak cape over the accurate texture of the HT cape personally.

For me, it's a trade off and all comes down to your preference.

Hot Toys Cape - Better material representation.

Takara Cape - Better representation of the majestic, mystical flow the film cape had, especially the roof shots.

I prefer the majesty look, but I'm keeping my Tak Batman so he can be that, and Hot Toys can be the ass kicker.

I haven't seen any pics in which HT Batman's head is turned more than a couple degrees from straight on. This leads me to think that moving the head turns the entire neck too? Like the first HT and Medicom Batman?

And thats a good thing...
I don't want a stupid looking head joint on the cowl.
Plus, thats how it is in real life, Batman cant turn his head in the cowl.

Finally, there's the Takara version. Here the cape is a disappointment, with no inner lining, and no hem along the bottom or neck edge. His cape is removable though...

- Michael Crawford

i.e cheap looking. :lol

If it's the same material as the first version then I consider that thick. The cut of V2 is better for sure though.

Well, I've never seen either the Hot Toys V1 or the Takara version in person. It is true that the HT cape is made of two layers of cloth, so if the Takara version is just one it would be thinner. But I still wouldn't call it thick per se.

Somtimes using a lighter material isn't a bad thing. At least the Takara cape wasn't so heavy that it caused the figure to fall backwards or have other stability issues (first HT Bats).

Finally, there's the Takara version. Here the cape is a disappointment, with no inner lining, and no hem along the bottom or neck edge. His cape is removable though...

- Michael Crawford

i.e cheap looking. :lol

Whos Michael Crawford?:confused:

:lol

This is why I like the Takara cape, and none of the images of the HT cape have suggested to me that you can get the same smooth flow and lay.

9.jpg

11.jpg

Well, I've never seen either the Hot Toys V1 or the Takara version in person. It is true that the HT cape is made of two layers of cloth, so if the Takara version is just one it would be thinner. But I still wouldn't call it thick per se.

I used to have V1 and really didn't like the cape. It was two layers (kinda thick to me) and was way too big. I don't know if the V2 used the same type of material or not though.

Takara cape was too thin and you could see through it.

still i would like to see it on the Hot Toys, It looked good enough for me and I had no issues with light going thru it, because that is the ONLY thing you would see thru the cape, light...just do not shine from it's back and it'll be fine :)

Nice find Riko. This gives me hope that the Tak cape can be put on the HT Bats.
one reason, and the ONLY reason: it is light and therefor it flows nicely...so don't care about the look of the material, I care of the look on the figure, much more important.

And on top of that, it doesn't look too good sitting on Bat's shoulders. (It's also a bit short)

And because the cape is so thick, the "pins" that hold it down on Batman do not lay flat on the suit, which is fairly inaccurate.
?

² indeed!, as good the material look like, it sucks on the figure itself because of the reasons given by plasmid. Definitely prefer the takara!

has someone already tried to put the takara cape on the hot toys body? :eek:

You could always just make your own cape, if it's that bothersome. Personally, I think once you have this one in hand, there will be few disappointments. I want this figure, NOW!!!

You could always just make your own cape, if it's that bothersome. Personally, I think once you have this one in hand, there will be few disappointments. I want this figure, NOW!!!

Or get Captain Faramir to make you one :monkey3

(man, got to use that joke in two threads :rock)

Back