Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the Bale head on another Hot Toys Body and on a Medicom body for comp.

WebSuperbale.jpg

webSpiderbale.jpg

The head fit easy? HT on Medicom, cool.

I didn't want to break the wrist joints, so I had to use plyers to pull the hands off. I'd be super bummed if something broke or tore.

I had a very hard time with the wrist pegs as well. Even soaking in hot water didn't help. Rather than risk breakage, I got a small piece of fine sandpaper and gently sanded the peg so that it doesn't grip as tightly.

Also, it looks like the right leg at the crotch might have a stress mark on the rubber suit. It's not torn, but it's even to make me sweat a bit. Thankfully, I was planning on a neutral long-term pose anyway.

Only had a little time to crank out a few shots of Batman. The Christian Bale sculpt is absolutely breathtaking in person. It truly looks just like him!!!!

IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

Just got in and mine was waiting at the door for me. My first impression was how fragile the suit seems. I'm afraid to pose it to much. The detailing is all top notch, the cowl sculpt looks like it jumped right off the screen. There's not a bat cowl on the market that looks this good. The Bale sculpt is a passing resemblance. Easily the best mass produced Bale sculpt, but it looks more like someone you'd see on the street and say "he kind of reminds me of Christian Bale." Not even in the same league with Andy's, so it'll stay in the box for me. After owning all three original Begins figures from Medicom, HT, and Takara this one easily takes the cake. I can't say enough about how happy I am with the overall package, top notch from head to toe. I won't be posing him much at all, but he looks so good a museum pose will still look incredible on display.

Just got in and mine was waiting at the door for me. My first impression was how fragile the suit seems. I'm afraid to pose it to much. The detailing is all top notch, the cowl sculpt looks like it jumped right off the screen. There's not a bat cowl on the market that looks this good. The Bale sculpt is a passing resemblance. Easily the best mass produced Bale sculpt, but it looks more like someone you'd see on the street and say "he kind of reminds me of Christian Bale." Not even in the same league with Andy's, so it'll stay in the box for me. After owning all three original Begins figures from Medicom, HT, and Takara this one easily takes the cake. I can't say enough about how happy I am with the overall package, top notch from head to toe. I won't be posing him much at all, but he looks so good a museum pose will still look incredible on display.

Awesome, wofford. Glad you got him. He is my favorite right now! Like him more than Joker.

I found that if you slightly bend the batarangs, they will fit in the holder better. Flat side OUT.

The cape does not bother me at all. I think it looks great! Definitive BB Batman without a doubt.

okay I understand, so it is not quite possible to reshape the cape? or are you just the type that likes to let the figure pose in a certain state for a while? :)

because the cape pose I meant doesn't need any poping of the head...:confused: just put the cape backwards :) you can leave the head alone :)

could you maybe show some pictures online of those "plastic pegs" so that I/ we have any idea what to look for in stores...where can you buy these?

The plastic pegs were two little strips of plastic I cut off a fake credit card. About a half inch long each.

Here are two pics.

batcape.jpg

batcape2-1.jpg

Its all good then because I don't really pose any of my figures, to me Batman should always be posed in the "Statue" state. Its how I always picture him! Glad you got it, post some pics.

Sorry, this was the only thing I got tonight that was acceptable to me, lotta stress going on this weekend and it started tonight and I just don't have the magic right now.

1.jpg

Understood Sean, take some time off, rejuvenate, recouperate, regenerate...

Thing is, even when YOU think your magic took a break, this picture drenches with coolness to me...

In a word: Badass. :rock :blackbat

Thanks Paul, well thanks to HT's immaculate job on this figure, even a blind squirrel can find a nut with it :lol Given the right lighting, the sheer intensity in the portrait is just phenomenal, but in some lighting it's a bit subdued. The really did an A++ job on the eyes, paint and sculpt.

wow i wonder if Hot Toys will top their dark knight line of batman figures when the next batman movie comes out if it is even possible

Wonderful image Maulfan. Your magic is evident in that picture bro!

Last edited:
Back