Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome pic Sean! Looking forward to more. Hope the stressful situation eases off soon.

Thanks, well, just so people know, it's my brother's wedding this weekend, out of state so I'll be away Friday through Monday, and living at home still is a bit stressful right now :lol I love my parents, I'm very fortunate to have ones that have taken care of me so well, but since my brother's gotten engaged, there are moments where I just want to :banghead haha, and now that the hour is upon us, the time between those moments is becoming lesser. However, I broke through it last night finishing up some work I had to, so looking forward to going home tonight and breaking this bad boy out for some photo fun. Even though photos weren't working for me, I did check out the figure a bit and he really looks and feels like Bale in the film suit, I love the bulk, I really am glad I ordered him, I now have Takara for a great Batman figure and this for a great, match to the film, Begins Batman.

The plastic pegs were two little strips of plastic I cut off a fake credit card. About a half inch long each.

Here are two pics.

batcape.jpg

batcape2-1.jpg

The two Jokers, the one on the right is the HT, right? And the one on the left?

Got mine, it's probably my favorite figger ever *until Joker maybe?*
But how do you guys keep the batarangs on the belt?

Looks fooking excellent!
Headsculpt looks better than HT's.

It is. DC Direct used a 3D scan of Ledger to make their Joker products, so the faces are precisely his. The hair was sculpted after and they took it in a weird direction on most of their products, doesn't look right at all.

The plastic pegs were two little strips of plastic I cut off a fake credit card. About a half inch long each.

Here are two pics.

batcape.jpg

batcape2-1.jpg

NICE PICS Crow!.. Love your Batman Collection... looks great

I also have to mention the Factory paint job on the HT Batman and Bale head is top notch. They got subtle shading and everything, HT has certainly outdone themselves

Here's someone's mock up of the DC head on the HT body. I personally agree with you, but we'll be in the minority. Even with factory paint I think it's better.

153y90k.jpg

If he had a bit more "expression" to his mouth, as opposed to the sucking on a lemon look, this would be perfect. My DCD suits me well until HT BR Joker (which I'm praying comes with a new, alternate head in addition to the masked head).

Yeah, no doubt DCD has the best likeness, too bad he has no expression at all....Like...what the hell kind of expression is that?
The HT isnt perfect, but it's got the "feel" of the Joker better than the DCD emotionless head could ever hope for.

No expression?
I only judging from pics, mind you, but it looks like a very nice and menacing expression.
I'm not enough of a fan to buy either of these figures, but I think the HS on the DCD looks a lot better.

EDIT: sorry about derailing the thread!

1.) How do remove the ball-joints to connect the interchangeable hands? Are you supposed to just snap them out of the original sockets? Mine seems pretty tightly fixed.

2.) How durable is the rubber suit? I'd like to get the figure into certain poses but fear that the suit might tear. A pose like this would be cool:

dcd111204batmanposter.jpg

Appreciate any insight given, thanks!

1.) use these if you have them, they work great:

2762702785_38681febfa.jpg

also don't squeeze them TOO tight otherwise you'll damage the plastic
just hold them tight enough so they don't slip and then pull straight forward

2.) the suits seems pretty damn durable but i have the same fear of it getting damaged, however this was me messing around with the pose after work and between passing out from exhaustion
don't have a good camera and didn't have good light but it does the posing pretty damn well considering i didn't even add support to make him stand on an uneven gargoyle

check it out:

2759698420_d3078faf8f_o.jpg

eventually i plan on putting photographing him in front of a much more suitable background (a lot like your jim lee drawing above)
damn nice figure though!

Back