Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
of course this image is photoshop and its poorly edited photo of Gal Gadot as WW,you can find it on deviantart. Supes' hair looks different. hope they will not change his hair cz I already preordered him and I like how he looks.

It is still unknown (at least to my knowledge) if Lex will don his infamous power suit, but lets just say he does I can see their being a HT of it.

In the last trailer, the ending showed Batman's armored suit being able to withstand Superman's strength so perhaps Lex takes a cue from that at some point.

And the inevitable nitpicking that will follow. :D
I hope Hot Toys knocks their Wonder Woman attempt out of the park, and Harley too, so that we don't have to see any of the bitching. That said, there's always something wrong with a figure, but a lot of people blow things waaaaay out of proportion on stuff that is otherwise acceptable.

Nitpicks will be present in anyway the figures get made.

Rubber body= rubber issues moaning
Regular body single bend = not enough articulation moaning
Regular body double bend = too dollish and ugly joints moaning.
Rooted hair = too barbie ish moaning
Sculpted hair = not appropriate for a HT woman figure.

I hope Hot Toys knocks their Wonder Woman attempt out of the park, and Harley too, so that we don't have to see any of the bitching. That said, there's always something wrong with a figure, but a lot of people blow things waaaaay out of proportion on stuff that is otherwise acceptable.

:exactly:

I imagine it's hard for HT, or even film producers to nail things when a lot of times the fans don't seemingly even know what they want. For instance with SR and MoS. Everyone griped that SR was too much like the Reeve films and not enough action. Then MoS came out and everyone griped the action was way overblown and it didn't feel enough like the Reeve films. So you know. :dunno

I think you're going to see criticizing no matter how good something is. It seems that many people like and want to find a reason to be angry and therefore, tend to focus on what they don't like about something rather than the good things.

Everyone just has different opinions. Some people are happy to sacrifice articulation for looks, others aren't, some prefer diecast, others don't, etc... You're never going to please everyone :lol

Nitpicking is what this place does best. I'd be worried if there was none. :lol

Nitpicking is what this place does best. I'd be worried if there was none. :lol
Everyone has that one or two little nitpicks. That's not what I meant. I'm talking about flat out bitching.

To me a nitpick is a simple, "oh this could've been better, but oh well."

of course Reeves is really handsome and those movies were fun in the past. but come on how someone can say that old superman movies are better than MAN OF STEEL. just forget everything and just look. :| its insane. I have never seen anything more massive in this genre , it became a trend to hate everything new and adore old stuff. I like both so I can't see problem with that. about WW figure I think rubber body will be much better,cz she is too ''naked'' for joints. and real hair of course.

of course Reeves is really handsome and those movies were fun in the past. but come on how someone can say that old superman movies are better than MAN OF STEEL. just forget everything and just look. :| its insane. I have never seen anything more massive in this genre , it became a trend to hate everything new and adore old stuff. I like both so I can't see problem with that. about WW figure I think rubber body will be much better,cz she is too ''naked'' for joints. and real hair of course.

Its a movie of its time. Its the first big blockbuster of its kind, so the nostalgia is massive, and helped put Supes on the mapp in the same way we know him today.

That being said, the original is garbage in alot of ways. But its the fun light hearted camp all the MOS haters want from Superman. Not a bad thing at at all, but i love this new dirction

Everyone has that one or two little nitpicks. That's not what I meant. I'm talking about flat out bitching.

To me a nitpick is a simple, "oh this could've been better, but oh well."

:exactly:

man of steel was excellent by far better than any superman movie

Its a movie of its time. Its the first big blockbuster of its kind, so the nostalgia is massive, and helped put Supes on the mapp in the same way we know him today.

That being said, the original is garbage in alot of ways. But its the fun light hearted camp all the MOS haters want from Superman. Not a bad thing at at all, but i love this new dirction

I concur that MoS is the best Superman film done thus far. Actually one of the best modern superhero films in general, in my opinion. A lot of the reasons people give for not liking it I think are all very easily refutable, but everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. I personally really like and enjoy this interpretation and the direction they are taking it. Both versions conform well to their time periods. I'm sure 30 years from now, MoS will be antiquated for that time period.

I find it sort of ironic because Ben Affleck's Batman seems to have more of a comic book feel to it, while this rendition of Supes seems like it fits better in TDK universe being that it's more grounded in reality the way TDK was. It'll be interesting to see how they blend the two.

I do have to say that the 1978 Reeve film is probably my favorite Superman film just from a sheer nostalgic factor, being that's the one I grew up watching.

First off, let me say, I liked MOS for what it was, BUT: my problem with most modern sci-fi/fantasy/superhero movies is the over the top repetitive nature of all the cgi crap. Watching that end fight scene/destruction of Metropolis I had a complete sense of dejavue. Was I watching a Superman movie, or was I watching a Transformers movie, or the first Avengers movie? I can only watch so many cities being destroyed before my mind begins to wander, and I start thinking: "Who's going to pay to repair all this?" There's no denying that cgi artists in Hollywood are talented, but sadly, that seems to be where the talent ends. Story is sacrificed for bigger and "better" cgi explosions. Most car chases are done in computer, half of all stunts are performed by cgi doppelgängers, and acting has become so marginal, that at least two generations of people have no idea what a good movie really is. When your inundated by mostly mediocrity daily in film and television, when something is just slightly above mediocre, it suddenly becomes good. Sadly, I'd have to say as a huge fan of film and TV (I have over 4000 DVDs and blu-rays from all eras), over the last 20 years or so, nearly 80% of the stuff put out can't compare to earlier stuff. Give me the car chases from The French Connection or Bullit over those god awful horse $&@t Fast and Furious cgi fake stuff with actors barely above high school theatre quality. Maybe I'm getting cranky in my old age, or maybe being bombarded by repetitive junk aimed at the video game generation has just left me feeling nostalgic for the days when actors could act, car chases were done for real, stunts were done by an actual person, and most importantly, movies actually had a plot, and weren't designed around people who's attention span is about 3 seconds.

Apparently these are part of the set of photos companies like HT are provided with to make figures and merchandise.

CcP3HmgWoAEZwok.jpg:large

First off, let me say, I liked MOS for what it was, BUT: my problem with most modern sci-fi/fantasy/superhero movies is the over the top repetitive nature of all the cgi crap. Watching that end fight scene/destruction of Metropolis I had a complete sense of dejavue. Was I watching a Superman movie, or was I watching a Transformers movie, or the first Avengers movie? I can only watch so many cities being destroyed before my mind begins to wander, and I start thinking: "Who's going to pay to repair all this?" There's no denying that cgi artists in Hollywood are talented, but sadly, that seems to be where the talent ends. Story is sacrificed for bigger and "better" cgi explosions. Most car chases are done in computer, half of all stunts are performed by cgi doppelgängers, and acting has become so marginal, that at least two generations of people have no idea what a good movie really is. When your inundated by mostly mediocrity daily in film and television, when something is just slightly above mediocre, it suddenly becomes good. Sadly, I'd have to say as a huge fan of film and TV (I have over 4000 DVDs and blu-rays from all eras), over the last 20 years or so, nearly 80% of the stuff put out can't compare to earlier stuff. Give me the car chases from The French Connection or Bullit over those god awful horse $&@t Fast and Furious cgi fake stuff with actors barely above high school theatre quality. Maybe I'm getting cranky in my old age, or maybe being bombarded by repetitive junk aimed at the video game generation has just left me feeling nostalgic for the days when actors could act, car chases were done for real, stunts were done by an actual person, and most importantly, movies actually had a plot, and weren't designed around people who's attention span is about 3 seconds.

No offense but comparing those movies to a superman movie is apples to oranges.
First off, transformers movie IS just mindless cgi fest.
Superman's overly use of cgi at the end had a purpose.
Snyder wanted to show when you have two gods fighting in a city how much destruction can happen. Superman alone has the power to destroy earth which is Bruce's fear in B v S, can you imagine two of them?
Snyder didn't hold any punches cause he wanted to show how much death and destruction can cause by these two beings.

Bale's batman is completely different cause Nolan insisted he wanted to see what it would be like if you take away any supernatural elements and see an actual person with no superpowers decide to become a costumed hero. So anytime it was looking unnatural, Nolan insists on keeping it grounded.

Superman is completely different. Unless you suggest they destroy actual buildings, or the two decides to fight with a "no using of your super power rule"...superman movie is a completely different animal than a French connection movie.
Not a fair comparison.

Back