Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Black Widow Collectible Figure (Artisan Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just rewatched the Hammer Industries fight scenes in Iron Man 2 in 4K and I must say the rolling eyeballs should work really well in posing this fig. They did use some of that in the promo pictures, but I think ScarJo did a lot of eye acting in those fight scenes. As for that fabled Superhero Landing (TM), if the body is similar in posability to the one used for the black suit fig from her solo movie and the suit can take the bending, then it might be able to pull it off. HT actually provided a right hand with fingers spread out similar to the one in her landing pose. So who knows.

Congrats to fellow collectors who landed this. I think this has the potential to something special. For those who couldn’t, please join the waitlist asap and hopefully there are reasonable alternate avenues to land this. Good hunting.

Last edited:
My link from SS came 5 minutes after it went live, how did you get there earlier? I kept hitting refresh button on the main page but nothing happened, isnt there other way how to get to the qeue except email from SS? I would like to get Joker, so Id better be prepared🙂

My link from SS came 5 minutes after it went live, how did you get there earlier? I kept hitting refresh button on the main page but nothing happened, isnt there other way how to get to the qeue except email from SS? I would like to get Joker, so Id better be prepared🙂
I had the RSVP page pulled up for her and started refreshing at the time it was supposed to go up.

I did the same but by the time I got in the queue I was around 3000 on one and 250 on my phone. Its weird. Someone posted the pre queue link a minute before 10am PT. I don't get SMS from Sideshow unfortunately

Secured! Just got home from work. Literally was ordering while driving to work. Still interesting release strategy. Since only the iron man arm extra version was available at first. Same price as the non exclusive version.

Any reason given why we Aussies couldn't order it? Easily added her to my cart this morning before work, but it wouldn't let me check out. What a jib.

I did the same but by the time I got in the queue I was around 3000 on one and 250 on my phone. Its weird. Someone posted the pre queue link a minute before 10am PT. I don't get SMS from Sideshow unfortunately
Yeah even though I was right there at 10am PT, somehow there were 2,928 people ahead of me? And there was no text. And the email I was supposed to have waited for with the link arrived 3 minutes late. And when it was finally my turn, the queue just dropped me on the Sideshow homepage like I wasn’t even in the Widow queue. Then it crashed twice during checkout. Never even saw an order confirmation page but it went through.

I got the link via a text message on my phone about a full five minutes before I got an email on my desktop computer.
Queue position under 400 on the former and around 2800 on the latter. By the time my number was up on the latter, it seemed the direct page link was readily available to anyone doing a basic search of the site for it.

I got the same situation, never got any text and email came 3 mins late. I refreshed the website about a min after 10am (I opened 4 sessions on different devices) and there already was close to 4000 people ahead of me. I waited it out almost 15 mins later (at one point it says I have to wait for over 1hour!) Then it dropped me at the main page and I was like WTF? Then I quickly navigated to my RSVP page and there it was - a “buy now” button under the item title. I clicked and took forever to get to the product page to realize it’s at $385 and it took another eternity for it to refresh after I clicked preorder. Once I clicked that I couldn’t add it on my other 3 devices. I was stupid enough to realize that I forgot to add a payment plan, so I doubled the time by adding that. (Note to self, don’t do that next time) Then the “calculating price” button took forever and ever to spin…before finally changed to “place order” and it took quite awhile for them to give me an order number after clicking that. By the time I got my order number, it was already 35 mins into the preorder window. I was expecting this go waitlist in 10 mins and I thought I would never be able to get this being a complete novice at the stupid virtual queue. (I did pretty well with virtual queuing at Disneyland before, but that’s different)

Last edited:
That's what I had heard. There was a pre queue link sent out via SMS by Sideshow about 5 or so minutes before the queue opened at 10:00am PT. That put you in a pre queue and it seems those people all got lower numbers, like it dropped them in first.

I'm not sure why, but SMS messages from Sideshow will not work for me no matter how many times I mess with my settings on Sideshow. If this is the direction they go, I need this feature to work. I got 2819, but luckily there was plenty of these to go around.

same here, about 3000 people in queue before me. But with time outs and endless waiting for updated cart , it finally worked. Wonder if they'll announce a sculpted one later on at some point ? .... the next widow grail for me would be the Winter Soldier one with straight hair. But this will take a few more years i guess? But they could use this mold for it....

Any reason given why we Aussies couldn't order it? Easily added her to my cart this morning before work, but it wouldn't let me check out. What a jib.
Not really sure. It doesn't seem lime Sugo is supplying any either. The only one they put up was the Anakin, but I don't recall them having any of the others.

I'm not that fussed as I'd prefer a Widow from Civil War or Endgame rather than Iron Man 2. More so for the body proportions and rolling eye improvements rather than for the hair.

Knowing HT and knowing how BW has been one of their bestsellers, I am sure they will Artisan all the Widows. This is their equivalent of “diecasting” Iron Man - Same character, more expensive but promising a better experience. I think this is their trial balloon to wow collectors and they succeeded. The rest of the widows will come. As Fury once said at the end of The Avengers, “A statement?” “A promise…”

Knowing HT and knowing how BW has been one of their bestsellers, I am sure they will Artisan all the Widows. This is their equivalent of “diecasting” Iron Man - Same character, more expensive but promising a better experience. I think this is their trial balloon to wow collectors and they succeeded. The rest of the widows will come. As Fury once said at the end of The Avengers, “A statement?” “A promise…”
Agree 100%
We probably won't see white suit Widow or casual clothes Widow but from Winter Soldier or the Avengers films is very possible. Maybe they can give AOU Widow the guns from the trailer this time haha

I think we'll see Thor next for the Artisan Marvel line, possibly from A1 or TDW

By they way, to be expected but the 11"/28cm height listing for the figure means she's the same under-scaled size as all of the previous Widow figures, unfortunately.

By they way, to be expected but the 11"/28cm height listing for the figure means she's the same under-scaled size as all of the previous Widow figures, unfortunately.

My dude. Give over about the figure being under scaled 🤣. If you don’t like it, just buy Hasbro Legends

Since it's a year out from release, hopefully it's placeholder info. New head sculpt, remade outfit with new materials and accessories, would be weird to still have the outdated body proportions and articulation.

192481-1.jpg

Hot-Toys-Black-Widow-IM2-012.jpg

Since it's a year out from release, hopefully it's placeholder info. New head sculpt, remade outfit with new materials and accessories, would be weird to still have the outdated body proportions and articulation.

192481-1.jpg

Hot-Toys-Black-Widow-IM2-012.jpg
What a difference! By the way I think that's the one promo photo that shows some ankle articulation in the boots; looks like they're the new soft style like yellow Daredevil where they can be articulated without a cut joint.

Back