Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can someone link me to the explanation of how to tighten up her joints please?

Which joints? neck, shoulders, abdomen, elbows, or knees

For neck/shoulders just peel the skin back from the large shoulder holes to access the 4 screws from the side...

top 2 for the neck, bottom 2 for the shoulders..

internaltorso.jpg

the top abdomen ball joint can be tighten by peeling the rubber from her back to access these screws

absd.jpg

You can have to access the bottom screws on the pelvis that controls the lower abdomen ball joint. Pop out the legs and access through the leg opening. There's a 3rd screw at her "coccyx" area.

For this case tightening the screws may not help (as with my case, further/deeper operation/modding was done).

hips.jpg

bws1.jpg

Bandito - you really go deep into the mods, don't ya? As it is, I am hesitant lifting the breast area to find a solution for the wrinkle. I have no idea how you were able to remove the rubber torso from the plastic part. It's very interesting to see the innards, though.
As for removing the wrinkle in between breasts, I figured if there was a way to attach the top area in between her breasts, where the wrinkle appears, to the plastic; it would allow the breast to be lifted naturally by the costume and yet prevent the wrinkle from appearing. I wonder if Silicone rubber adhesive would stick to both materials?

Bandito - you really go deep into the mods, don't ya? As it is, I am hesitant lifting the breast area to find a solution for the wrinkle. I have no idea how you were able to remove the rubber torso from the plastic part. It's very interesting to see the innards, though.
As for removing the wrinkle in between breasts, I figured if there was a way to attach the top area in between her breasts, where the wrinkle appears, to the plastic; it would allow the breast to be lifted naturally by the costume and yet prevent the wrinkle from appearing. I wonder if Silicone rubber adhesive would stick to both materials?

Actually (quality) superglue works best.. to repair the rubber torso or gluing the rubber torso to the inner frame.... be warned this is a rather permanent attachment use the glue sparingly..

I'd remove the plastic inserts entirely and use something else as replacement ....even rather hard but springy foam material will do..

banditio, didn't you remove some inserts from the thighs as well?

Also, do you think that rubber cement would make a good replacement for the hard plastic inserts in the breasts?

banditio, didn't you remove some inserts from the thighs as well?

Also, do you think that rubber cement would make a good replacement for the hard plastic inserts in the breasts?

Not thighs... but from the hips (or above the hips) to give it more articulation range.

Not familiar with rubber cement/it's texture/chemical reaction..... but a good substitute I think I would try is silicone sealant.

images

Back