Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there have been some amazing picture of this figure posted already but I just thought that I should post some of my own and my current Iron Man collection.

Picture035-1.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Amazing figure. One of HT best (if not the best although I think that of most figures when I first get them) The accessories are just awesome. I'm liking the stand a lot more than I thought. Even if it does take up a lot of room. The RDJ head is amazing and a shame to leave it in the box so this maybe a permanent display. I am really looking forwards to the Mark VI now. I was hoping just to pass but this figure is just so impressive. Also, it makes my BD Mark III look like a disproportionate broken piece of crap.

Yes as slap happy said it does transform, and has probably the most fiddly, time consuming and satisfying transformation out there right now. It is a Takara release, which is getting a reissue in a couple of months so they'll be a little easier to find.

Takara doing a reissue of Megatron. :clap Great :hi5: Hopefully I can buy War Machine sometimes next month.

I shall be picking this beauty up tomorrow from the Post Office! I bought it from Loontentoys last week and it here's already...that guy is awesome.

This will be my second ever 1/6th figure, War Machine being the first, and my first ever Iron Man (excluding the MK IV Koto) I...can...not...wait!

:yess:

I picked up this figure yesterday from my local comic shop and it is awesome! It has taken the front of my display space, I love thennew possible hands.

Amazing figure. One of HT best (if not the best although I think that of most figures when I first get them) The accessories are just awesome. I'm liking the stand a lot more than I thought. Even if it does take up a lot of room. The RDJ head is amazing and a shame to leave it in the box so this maybe a permanent display. I am really looking forwards to the Mark VI now. I was hoping just to pass but this figure is just so impressive. Also, it makes my BD Mark III look like a disproportionate broken piece of crap.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Just got this! It's fantastic! I have the Mark II and it's amazing how much better crafted this one is! I mean, it's only been what, a year and a half? There are so many little functional details on this guy! I don't think I'm gonna get to explore them all in one sitting! Those hands are fantastic, and the RDJ sculpt is unreal. Even the neck has excellent detail like some faint horizontal wrinkles across his adam's apple.

For now, I'll just pose him with the other two:

IMG_6489.JPG

IMG_6490.JPG
IMG_6483.JPG

IMG_6486.JPG

IMG_6478.JPG

IMG_6480.JPG

A couple of things:
His left hip flare thing doesn't stay in--the little spokes pop out. But if you pose him with his legs splayed a bit, they tuck into the rubber "underwear" part of the suit and that keeps it in place.

His back flaps stay down--I know some have had some trouble with them.

I'm not even going to bother opening up his calf flaps since so many have ended up broken!

Someone mentioned some waxy film on him. Mine had some white dust in some parts. They kinda looked like superglue film, like when superglue damages plastic and turns it white which freaked me out at first. But it turned out to be some kind of fine dust.

Loving it!

Just got mine a couple of hours ago and he's AWESOME!!!!:yess:I'll tell you i was surprised by how they did the whole waist articulation.You have to left up slightly his torso in order to make him bend and he feels lighter than the MARK III.The flaps on the forearm rockets move but not the rockets themselves.Here are some PICS. of my figure.Now i have to get War Machine again!:slap

You know Jim i had some waxy residue just under his arc reactor but wiped off easily.As a matter of fact,it left that area a little bit shinier than the rest,who knows who cares he's AWESOME!!

All the talk of how much better this figure is makes me glad I waited o get on definitive IM figure. :rock

Mine is arriving tomorrow. I can't wait. Looking at pics on here I can't decide if I am going to display him with the full gear or with the RDJ head on the suit. I really like that look. I am torn.

BOTH! The nice thing about this figure is that you can repose him and reset him up without having to refutz clothes!

Yes that is true. I guess I can just take turns displaying him both ways. I get OCD with this kind of stuff though. I'll be switching heads around all the time. LOL

Would you guys think its nuts to get another Mark IV with my credit at a online store just to be able to pose with RDJ head and with Masked head? or just take advantage of my credit an get something else?

Back