Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys. Just got the IV today, and I'm diggin' it.

Beautiful paint applications, stellar sculpting. Articulation is a bit compromised since the Mk III BD. Mostly I'm missing the articulation in the neck are (with helmet) and the wrists (you can't really cheat his palms up when he's "blasting", you have to tilt his whole arm up). With the Mk III BD you could wiggle/tilt those hands back a bit.

Overall though, a far superior fig to the previous versions. So hype to have him. The proportions are awesome.

FYI: Just in case no one's mentioned it before. In order to lift the armor on his calves, you have to slide the hinge forward before tilting it up. I'll post some pics, but once I realized this I just snuck that flat sided tool in through the top of the calf and wiggled that hinge forward (away from the leg) and then was able to continue tilting the armor up. No stresses and no breaks.

Hey guys. Just got the IV today, and I'm diggin' it.

Beautiful paint applications, stellar sculpting. Articulation is a bit compromised since the Mk III BD. Mostly I'm missing the articulation in the neck are (with helmet) and the wrists (you can't really cheat his palms up when he's "blasting", you have to tilt his whole arm up). With the Mk III BD you could wiggle/tilt those hands back a bit.

Overall though, a far superior fig to the previous versions. So hype to have him. The proportions are awesome.

Interesting. I had heard that the articulation was better on the Mark IV.

FYI: Just in case no one's mentioned it before. In order to lift the armor on his calves, you have to slide the hinge forward before tilting it up. I'll post some pics, but once I realized this I just snuck that flat sided tool in through the top of the calf and wiggled that hinge forward (away from the leg) and then was able to continue tilting the armor up. No stresses and no breaks.

Good to know! Thanks for sharing! :)

:goodpost::exactly:

I figured this was the way to do it after opening it for the first time yesterday to relieve the stress on the joints.

OK got this figure today and here is a pic to prove it. The good and bad about this forum is people have opinions. And I will admit from time to time I have gotten figures because of those opinions. When the Mark 3 was released, lots talked it up and when I got it, I was pretty disappointed. And really the only time have been.

Well not today. This thing is just sick.

IMG_20110124_204148.jpg

Cool thing about this figure over the Mark III is that it actually looks plausible that a guy could be in that suit!

@ robbie: What are your thoughts on the articulation compared to the Mark III?

Tons better. From what I can see its the same as 3 but a whole lot more. Especially the torso movement. Its pretty awesome.
Iron man can do crunches. Not quite sit ups but definitely crunches.

Last edited:
OK got this figure today and here is a pic to prove it. The good and bad about this forum is people have opinions. And I will admit from time to time I have gotten figures because of those opinions. When the Mark 3 was released, lots talked it up and when I got it, I was pretty disappointed. And really the only time have been.

Well not today. This thing is just sick.

IMG_20110124_204148.jpg

Right on RTP! Congrats brother...mine shows up on Wednesday or Thursday. Along with....drum roll,....BLUE! :exactly: <--had to put that guy in there 'cause it's an Abe smiley! :wink1:

:offtopic:

ANYWAYS,...I still think this one is going to be the best of the line. However, I personally like this one better than the VI 'cause I don't care for the gray in that suit. To each their own I suppose.

Cool thing about this figure over the Mark III is that it actually looks plausible that a guy could be in that suit!

What are you doing in here?!?! :wave Is Maglor getting an IM figure?!? :panic:
@ robbie: What are your thoughts on the articulation compared to the Mark III?

Totally agree with you Robbie my friend. I never liked Mark 3, I thoght it looked like a toy. You would see right through his giant shoulders, his thighs were so thin... looked bad.

But I love this guy, it looks amazing, great proportions and can pose excellent and those moveable fingers are just awesome! I sold Mark 3 because even though I hated IM2, this looks so close to the armor from the first movie which I loved.

Oh and I broke the left calf cap too, snapped off, the piece of junk... still love this bad boy though.

wow what a great pic i cant wait for mine and it looks like it will top whiplash and war machine:)

Right on RTP! Congrats brother...mine shows up on Wednesday or Thursday. Along with....drum roll,....BLUE! :exactly: <--had to put that guy in there 'cause it's an Abe smiley! :wink1:

:offtopic:

ANYWAYS,...I still think this one is going to be the best of the line. However, I personally like this one better than the VI 'cause I don't care for the gray in that suit. To each their own I suppose.

You caved!!! Hahaha. Speaking of Hellboy I bought this guy on Ebay and he came today too.
0504_sskroenen.jpg

Another quick one. Love the combination of head and suit.
Like all the smart ones have said, looks like a dude in a frikk'n suit!
IMG_20110124_215314.jpg

Last edited:
You caved!!! Hahaha. Speaking of Hellboy I bought this guy on Ebay and he came today too.
0504_sskroenen.jpg

Another quick one. Love the combination of head and suit.
Like all the smart ones have said, looks like a dude in a frikk'n suit!
IMG_20110124_215314.jpg

Dude, can't see that pic up there...what is it? Dying to know...

Yes I caved...I also got like 90+ comics of BPRD and Hellboy to read recently so I figured WTF, throw in Abe. Didn't pay too much for him IMO either so why not right?

Uh, back on topic...that next photo of IM you posted is great. I have no idea how I'm going to put him in my case because he looks so good with the helmet and the Tony head.

No question my Tony is going hatless. Love the look way too much not to.

Love the Blue!! I picked up Kroenen. Been wanting him for awhile and finally got one cheap...ish anyway.

Raymond were you hiding out these days?

I'll have mine friday from Sideshow! :yess: Really looking forward to this figure. All the pics you guys are posting are just plain great. And to think I was gonna completely pass this one up!

I like the tony head more than the M3 head and M1 head but all in all it's a pretty lackluster likeness esp/ compared to the Mach Test head. Despite that I have to admit I too enjoy posing him with the Tony head and the shades. Looks bad ass!

I really love this guy, the most satsifying HT I have gotten since T-1000 and T-800 T2.

I think he's in my top 5 of all time HT.

T2 T800, IM Mark 4, Godfather, T-1000, Wolverine and DX batman... could not pick 5 haha.

THIS is the be all end all Iron Man.

I have this, Mac Test Tony, Mark 1 and a custom Obidiah Stane and to be honest that's all i really care to have. I'd gladly buy an Iron Monger too. I'd also buy a mark 2 if they redid it to make it look as good as this and it was more chrome etc.

Seem to have been busier the last 6 months than ever before... still managing to collect just as much. TOO much.

Lots of customs I finished I have to post too, Die Hard, Underworld, Tony Soprano, Inception, Godfather 3... no time for pic taking :(

I really wanna do some killer shots of this awesome Mark IV!!

Seem to have been busier the last 6 months than ever before... still managing to collect just as much. TOO much.

Lots of customs I finished I have to post too, Die Hard, Underworld, Tony Soprano, Inception, Godfather 3... no time for pic taking :(

I really wanna do some killer shots of this awesome Mark IV!!

Looking forward to pics of all those customs man!

No question my Tony is going hatless. Love the look way too much not to.

Love the Blue!! I picked up Kroenen. Been wanting him for awhile and finally got one cheap...ish anyway.

Ah Kroenen....nice! I scoped a few of those and decided to stick with Blue for the moment.

I have the WM so mine will be going full assault and w/o helmet with Rhodey helmet up. I'm not sure I'm even going to put this guy in the case for a bit...too many posing options.

Back