Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a bad ass figure, I had to shoot some more shots. The articulation is so amazing.

IRONMAN2.jpg

IRONMAN3.jpg

IRONMAN1.jpg

Unreal Robbie! That has to be the most natural looking posture I've seen out of a figure. Can't wait to get mine today!

Thanks for the compliments everyone.
This figure is so amazing in its ability to pose, but more importantly the subtle posing. I will tell that that pose took 20 minutes to get right. The sway of the hips, the drop of the shoulder, all within a suit with exposed joints. HT brilliance. I was fighting the hip sway and I didn't quite get it, because every time I did, it would shift when I worked the shoulders. The torso joints are what really make this guy work.

HT's people are so good at what they do. Hats off!

Anyone interested in my review :lol

The hype is real and the force is strong with this one folks.
If Mark 3 was the Prequel Trilogy of Iron Man figures, the Mark 4 is the Empire ____ing Strikes Back :lol (War Machine is Return of the Jedi :lol)

Pros:

Proportions proportions proportions
Paint Paint Paint
RDJ head sculpt
Waist articulation
LED stand with strip pole…errr...flight pole
Donut
All his flight flaps on his back are bad ass

Cons:

Man, there are so few Cons but there’s always Cons in life :lol

This is a very minor Con but a Con nonetheless, 2 out of the 8 forearm missle plates doesn’t snap in tight enough, the top one for me on both forearms. But the rest of them snap in / push in tight enough to not be an issue.

The leg flaps give too much resistance but once you know what you’re doing and proceed slowly and carefully you should be able to open them in the correct manner. But it should’ve been easier than what it is because the resistance will probably scare many off and breakage is being reported!

I wanted a dozen donuts :lol

Here’s the biggest Con, I want to buy a second one because he’s so freaking awesome and I want to display him with his RDJ head!

On a side note, my outer box sleeve came beat to ____ from CSC, it was warped and the inner window box was dirty...ewwww.

Bottom Line
:

One of the best HT figures ever and he brings much needed color to my black-grey-brown collection!

I refuse to post a picture when robbie already posted the best pic of all :lol

Nice job JYE! The top forearm pieces with the missiles are a bit more on the loose side than the others. They're fragile as well.

Nice job JYE! The top forearm pieces with the missiles are a bit more on the loose side than the others. They're fragile as well.

:rock :rock

Correct about the fragile part. I broke off one of the little tiny red flaps that sits over the tiny missles.....just one though.

Man is that going to be a _____ to superglue :lol

I'm going to have to wear a magnifying glass and use tweezers :lol

They are fragile. You might be able to just pop it back in but I've got one like you if you can that needs to be super glued. Came that way out of the box though was floating loose in there. My box was beat up like yours as well.

Really? Did you you guys not get them in HT shipping boxes?

Come on Jye, post some pics! If you dont then you are lying and dont really own the figure.

Proof is in the pudding.

Anyone interested in my review :lol

The hype is real and the force is strong with this one folks.
If Mark 3 was the Prequel Trilogy of Iron Man figures, the Mark 4 is the Empire ____ing Strikes Back :lol (War Machine is Return of the Jedi :lol)

Pros:

Proportions proportions proportions
Paint Paint Paint
RDJ head sculpt
Waist articulation
LED stand with strip pole…errr...flight pole
Donut
All his flight flaps on his back are bad ass

Cons:

Man, there are so few Cons but there’s always Cons in life :lol

This is a very minor Con but a Con nonetheless, 2 out of the 8 forearm missle plates doesn’t snap in tight enough, the top one for me on both forearms. But the rest of them snap in / push in tight enough to not be an issue.

The leg flaps give too much resistance but once you know what you’re doing and proceed slowly and carefully you should be able to open them in the correct manner. But it should’ve been easier than what it is because the resistance will probably scare many off and breakage is being reported!

I wanted a dozen donuts :lol

Here’s the biggest Con, I want to buy a second one because he’s so freaking awesome and I want to display him with his RDJ head!

On a side note, my outer box sleeve came beat to ____ from CSC, it was warped and the inner window box was dirty...ewwww.

Bottom Line
:

One of the best HT figures ever and he brings much needed color to my black-grey-brown collection!

I refuse to post a picture when robbie already posted the best pic of all :lol

Congrats Joe! :rock:rock:rock

Strange. My HT boxes are always pristine thanks to the outer box... Hell, SS shipped the Guardian Predator in the liner box with no additional packaging and it got to my house okay.

Yeah, they usally make it just fine but its weird wrinkle in the box. It didn't show up in my review but I was surprised. Mine came from SS but thats really the only place I order HT stuff from. So this is a first.

Back