Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks - I'm wondering if I could please get some pointers from your kind selves, regarding a couple of things concerning the excellent mk4 IM. I know it's a long post, but please bare with me.. :)

Today - after having mine boxed for the last couple of months, I finally tested the light up feature on IM. The head & chest work well, but I need to put the open hands on him to test the hand lights (more of that in my 2nd question). I then wanted to take the batteries out to prevent them leaking into the compartments - because the figure's going back into it's box for now. So - two things:

1. I couldn't for the life of me, get the little compartment on the back of the head open!! I undid the screw, & referred to the little diagram you get with the figure, but it wasn't opening for anything. I've tried to use the little clear plastic tool you get for the attachments to pry it open - & I've probably been a tad heavy handed with it.. but I know that doing that's a bad idea ultimately. What's the best way to open it? Do you need to take the head / neck out of the neck socket first?? I noticed there's a piece below the little compartment that's hindering me from moving the battery lid - FRUSTRATING!! I really want those batteries out..

2. The hands - they seem very firmly stuck to the wrists. Is there a right & wrong way to remove & reattach them? Same with the head - I'm a little hesitant at this point to try & pull it out, to get at that battery compartment. This figure is quite delicate as I'm sure you're all aware, & I'm starting to get impatient with it! :lol

Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks everyone! :peace

No idea about #1, but for #2 you just have to use a little force if the figure is really new and factory fresh. If you feel it's excessive than try running a blow dryer on warm over the part for a few seconds, that should do it :D

Hi folks - I'm wondering if I could please get some pointers from your kind selves, regarding a couple of things concerning the excellent mk4 IM. I know it's a long post, but please bare with me.. :)

Today - after having mine boxed for the last couple of months, I finally tested the light up feature on IM. The head & chest work well, but I need to put the open hands on him to test the hand lights (more of that in my 2nd question). I then wanted to take the batteries out to prevent them leaking into the compartments - because the figure's going back into it's box for now. So - two things:

1. I couldn't for the life of me, get the little compartment on the back of the head open!! I undid the screw, & referred to the little diagram you get with the figure, but it wasn't opening for anything. I've tried to use the little clear plastic tool you get for the attachments to pry it open - & I've probably been a tad heavy handed with it.. but I know that doing that's a bad idea ultimately. What's the best way to open it? Do you need to take the head / neck out of the neck socket first?? I noticed there's a piece below the little compartment that's hindering me from moving the battery lid - FRUSTRATING!! I really want those batteries out..

2. The hands - they seem very firmly stuck to the wrists. Is there a right & wrong way to remove & reattach them? Same with the head - I'm a little hesitant at this point to try & pull it out, to get at that battery compartment. This figure is quite delicate as I'm sure you're all aware, & I'm starting to get impatient with it! :lol

Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks everyone! :peace

How did you get on with the neck battery lid? I seem to recall having a bit of trouble with that one, easier if you remove the neck post from both body and head. I had a lot of trouble with the WM machine one too, almost rounded the screw.

If you missed it and are still looking for it - CSC has it in stock for 249.99! https://www.cornerstorecomics.com/i...hop&Category_ID=0&Vendor_ID=0&Product_ID=3916

You bastard, you forced my hand. :)

I found this yesterday and have been scurrying around throwing some stuff up on eBay and other forums to generate some funds for it. Now that you posted it, I had to get my order in before the feeding frenzy begins.

EDIT: And it looks like I'm glad I did. It's now sold out.

I found this yesterday and have been scurrying around throwing some stuff up on eBay and other forums to generate some funds for it. Now that you posted it, I had to get my order in before the feeding frenzy begins.

:lol glad you were able to get one. It's a great piece!

How did you get on with the neck battery lid? I seem to recall having a bit of trouble with that one, easier if you remove the neck post from both body and head. I had a lot of trouble with the WM machine one too, almost rounded the screw.

Is removing the batteries necesary?? I expected the plastic strips would be enough to avoid any leacking. :dunno

Is removing the batteries necesary?? I expected the plastic strips would be enough to avoid any leacking. :dunno

I didn't turn up to my Battery Science 101 lessons, so I couldn't say for sure that chances of leakage are reduced by ensuring there is no circuit whatsoever - but I've removed them just in case.

I hate when that happens! :lol

Nice job getting your order in :rock

Thanks Lejuan!

I've been a bit busy recently, so I haven't been able to really devote much time to fiddling with the figure since my post. I've actually asked around a couple of forum sites to get as much feedback as possible, & it seems as you say, taking the head + neck piece off the body is the best way to get to the battery compartment with the least amount of hassle. I had to stop short the other day, because I was finding myself getting quite flustered with the damn thing! :lol

Also, thanks for the tip Y4NK33 PL4N3T! I'll give it a try when I get a chance. Although I've got four HT figures now, I've still not discovered all the little tricks to handling these pieces with the proper care.

JAROTO - please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the plastic tabs were there to stop contact.. so trying to turn the lights on would be pointless, wouldn't it? Actually, you'd think I'd try that out first before removing them - & then making assumptions! :slap :lol

just in case anyone in the uk is still looking for the mark iv , play.com have them in stock at £169.99 delivered , they box up in shippers now. sorry if this has already been mentioned

Back