Hot Toys-MMS 133-Ghost Rider Limited Edition Collectible Figurine with Bike Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ghost rider was due to be released months ago, we still don't know when Tron Cycle will be released, so there was no confusion regarding combining shipping. It would not have been possible at the time I ordered. Eric is now saying I have to wait for the light cycle to be released! I paid for these last year! I'm in Europe, so I'm used to paying a bit more for shipping. But not like this.

It's not really good enough is it. I guess they made a mistake last year on their site. But that's not my problem, really.

Any advice guys?

I would tell Eric that this has been paid in full for a long time now with shipping. I expect it to be shipped next week with all other paying customers. He is not protecting you on saving for shipping costs, he is protecting him for miscalculating shipping.

Good Luck, cause that is plain BS.

I would tell Eric that this has been paid in full for a long time now with shipping. I expect it to be shipped next week with all other paying customers. He is not protecting you on saving for shipping costs, he is protecting him for miscalculating shipping.

Good Luck, cause that is plain BS.

I think your right mate.
Thanks.

Update: now Eric doesn't want to send me my order. He has offered a refund. What good is that? I ordered GR in December, it costs a load more now. Very disappointed.

Last edited:
I think your right mate.
Thanks.

Update: now Eric doesn't want to send me my order. He has offered a refund. What good is that? I ordered GR in December, it costs a load more now. Very disappointed.

Well thats really nice of him to take your money for that length of time,and then offers a refund because he messed up.Sounds like eric isnt quite the nice guy we on this board are led to believe,nice service you have there `eric`:cuckoo: get a refund and give your cash to a seller who doesnt completely think of himself in a given situation:exactly: ps.but you HAVE to get this set trust me:yess:

I'm unbelievably pissed off about this, I was really looking forward to getting this. I can't believe how dishonest this is of Eric and Toys2.
I just want what I ordered, he has been paid for 6 months.

I really don't know what to do now.

Personally i would demand that it be sent out with others as a member has stated, and if `eric`doesnt do the right thing and send it out to you then unfortunately the only road would be trading standards.Trying to extort more money for an item/items you ordered and paid for 6 months ago is plain dishonest and sellers have to stick to quidelines,even eric`toys2` cant make things up as he goes along and would at least stop it happening to another collector.
What ever you do dont pay another penny but contact trading standards if only to remind him of his obligations as some sellers believe whatever they do to be right,sounds like a lot of hassle but this guy needs to answer for this underhand treatment of certain customers?whatever you do i hope you get this fig and remember not to shop there again and tell ya fellow collectors all about it:exactly:

Thanks for the advice. The really awful thing is, he wants to give me a refund, so he can make a load more cash on it. They were going a lot cheaper when I preordered it from him. It's just pure greed. You know I have been collecting for years and it's the first time I have gotten really screwed over. I expected it from eBay but not a so called respectable seller like Toys2. Eric if you are reading this, you know what to do to fix this situation. Just be honest and fair.
;(

So I just contacted Eric at Toys2 to see when they are shipping my GR. (I paid in full + Shipping, back when I pre-ordered last year).

He told me they would ship it with my "Tron Light Cycle" when that comes in at the end of June!! WTF?
I paid over 215$ shipping for the two items. So it's not a case of shipping them together to save money.

I have ordered from Toys2 before and never had a problem, waiting for Eric to come back to me to explain why? Anyone else understand this?

:( but also a little angry. I had to contact them to see what was happening with my order, then this?

UPDATE:

So now Eric tells me it will cost over $160 per item to ship GR. It normally costs me around 50$ a figure from HT. I know the box is big but it's not that big!
He charged me just over half that when I ordered it. All sorts of ____ wrong with this.
No email, no apology, nothing. I don't know what to do now.

Believe it or not, shipping from Canada Post is really expensive for some reason. I suggest you check out canadapost.ca and look at the shipping estimate to see if it really is $160. Good luck to you!

I deal with him face to face and he is not the confrontational type and possibly reason why he is offering a refund to you at this stage. Pretty sure its not because he wants to make more money selling to someone else, otherwise this could be hardly the first case to surface here.
He did screw up the shipping cost as he should not have charged that ahead of times not knowing how big this could get. I am looking at GR box and its 3x the size of the Enterbay IP Man 2 as most HT boxes are thinner than EB and this GR box. By volume I suspect its more like 3x the size of a reg HT release or 2xDX boxes. Not sure about weight but assume the dimensional weight is what counts here.
I say best is to offer to resolve this maturely. You just want your figure at a fair price and he just wants to do business so there must be a common ground to get this resolved. But yeah being angry will not work with him

Listen, I don't know Eric, but all accounts he is a good guy. I have never had a negative experience with Toys2 either before. But when I pre-ordered "Ghost Rider" & "Sam Flynn" I paid over $215 for shipping on the order. Thats what Toys2 charged me. There was no mention of combined shipping (how could there be? GR was supposed to be out last year!).
:(

It looks like when you ordered both GR and Flynn, the shipping price was for both which is why maybe he is holding it until Flynn comes out? I know no where does it say that that price is combined shipping, but when you put 2 or more items in a cart, combined shipping is implied. I recently just ordered a few things from TA (3 instock orders and 1 preorder) and only paid the shipping price for one shipment. I do expect to be billed for the shipping price of the preordered item when it comes out. Hope everything works out for you though.

just wait a bit longer and dont worry about it

:exactly:

Sorry Rory, but I can see both sides. I think as a goodwill gesture, Eric should probably pick up the tab on the shipping, since it was his underestimating this amount that is to blame here - you have done everything by the book so you should reasonably expect to have the product you have paid in full for shipped immediately.

On the other hand, Canada shipping is expensive, and it is highly likely that shipping the two packages together is not only easier for Eric but also cheaper. If Eric is prepared to ship GR with the Light Cycle with no additional charge to you than what you've already paid, then it doesn't sound like he's trying to scam you in any way.

I know how we collectors get when we're waiting on a new toy, it's like childhood Christmas Eve every time :lol - but if it's June we're talking about, just wait. How cool will it be to unbox both those bad boys at the one time? That said, it's my understanding that the Light Cycle is not guaranteed to be released next month, so it might be a bit longer wait.

Seems to me Eric could and probably should extend a goodwill gesture and ship it now, though I'm not sure whether his margins would allow for it. But it also seems to me that waiting ain't so bad. It's only time after all.

Hey Rory couldn't you just cancel the Light cycle and have him send you just Ghost Rider?IMO you can go to another shop and buy the Light Cycle but GR is pretty much sold out everywhere.GOOD LUCK with that!☺

I purchased my Batpod originally from Eric and had it shipped by Canada post. I know the shipping wasn't over $100.00, hell it was $51.00 (I looked it up in my previous orders on my account). I mean $160.00 to ship that GR is just ludicrous and I am fully aware of Canada's shipping being expensive. But that just seems crazy!

I purchased my Batpod originally from Eric and had it shipped by Canada post. I know the shipping wasn't over $100.00, hell it was $51.00 (I looked it up in my previous orders on my account). I mean $160.00 to ship that GR is just ludicrous and I am fully aware of Canada's shipping being expensive. But that just seems crazy!

dude depends where you live... Shipping overseas via canada post is ridiculous, rates are off the roof.

Honestly the more I think about it the more the original deal seems like a good deal and you should just hang on to that and not change it! You must have thought the same at the time since you paid for it. Just make sure he gets it all out to you the moment he gets the Tron cycle.
Hmm does it mean he knows something about it being released real soon??
Last time I shipped a few heads to Elvis in Sweden barely tipping over into 2lb dimensional weight and it cost me $35+ to ship via UPS!! Elvis quoted me U$10 to ship the almost same package back :'(

My guess is that when you pre-order, they automatically calculate shipping based on combined weight--thus, assuming you will ship them together. In many situations, companies probably wouldn't blink an eye to doing as you request and just sending them to you one at a time at the amount you agreed to pay. But if you are talking about shipping a massive, heavy item across the Atlantic, the costs might be prohibitive to that.

Though he may not have said the items would be shipped together when you ordered, he probably also did not say that they would be shipped as they arrived.

I can understand the frustration here, but I'm not sure that Toys2 is doing anything wrong. They should probably clarify this on their FAQ page, though.

Listen guys, he did not even mail me to let me know this is what he was doing with my order. I am a customer who paid a lot of money to his store.

The combined shipping thing. With all common sense, How can you charge combined shipping on items released 6 months apart from each other? That just does not make any sense. And we don't even know when the Tron release is yet. I paid for two items with individual shipping, I have been very fair in my mails with Eric, ending with me asking him simply if he is going to send GR with all the other pre-orders next week. He has stopped replying.

I really can't see two sides of this to be honest. Yeah he made a mistake when listing these, is that my fault? He shouldn't be taking full payment for pre order then?

Thanks for your responses guys..
But seriously preordering an item 6 months before it's release, then to have to wait months after it'd release date (with no confirmed date) is just not acceptable. It's bad business.

I'm on your side Rory...He should at least offer you something other than a refund...looks like you have no choice but to wait and if you are still upset afterwards just find a new dealer...

I thought you said earlier that you placed the order for both at the same time? Just to give you a different POV I know from chatting with him that he has customers that expect him to hold items for almost a year to be all shipped together in one shot. So if his assumption was that when you placed the order for the two items together means shipping together then an email may not be expected especially since he has not received his complete orders yet as they just started to pour in. I actually know that his shipment just started to trickle in this week and likely will drag out for another 3 weeks just like the IM MVI another freak was getting antsy about.
Assumptions are always the culprit for misunderstandings and works both ways. I see a bit of the first and the latter and not sure how the emails went but did the order show clearly that it was separate shipping? That is really the source of the problem and the devide. I never ordered from him online but when I order from amazon online it gives me the option to ship multiple items complete/their choosing or ASAP with the latter having a higher cost.

I really advise you to be coolheaded and resolve this with him to guarantee yourself a GR. It's not like he is not honoring the original order.

:borg:

Last edited:
I thought you said earlier that you placed the order for both at the same time? Just to give you a different POV I know from chatting with him that he has customers that expect him to hold items for almost a year to be all shipped together in one shot. So if his assumption was that when you placed the order for the two items together means shipping together then an email may not be expected especially since he has not received his complete orders yet as they just started to pour in. I actually know that his shipment just started to trickle in this week and likely will drag out for another 3 weeks just like the IM MVI another freak was getting antsy about.
Assumptions are always the culprit for misunderstandings and works both ways. I see a bit of the first and the latter and not sure how the emails went but did the order show clearly that it was separate shipping? That is really the source of the problem and the devide. I never ordered from him online but when I order from amazon online it gives me the option to ship multiple items complete/their choosing or ASAP with the latter having a higher cost.

I really advise you to be coolheaded and resolve this with him to guarantee yourself a GR. It's not like he is not honoring the original order.

:borg:

Thanks Geil,
I haven't been anything but calm with him. To be honest, I'm the sort of person that if he had sent me a mail a couple of months ago saying they had miscalculated the shipping costs then I would have been ok with that. There is no "combined shipping" option on his website. I pre-ordered and paid for each item plus the shipping charge he listed. I presumed this means I would receive each item as it was released as that is what I paid for?
But since december, I haven't received one mail, until I asked him yesterday and he dropped this bombshell. By the way I live in Ireland so shipping is the same as it is to the UK.

This is what he sent me last night, what it costs to ship GR. This makes no sense to me, the HK dealers on ebay are shipping it for $60, american dealers for around $80-90. I paid around $110 shipping when I bought it.

screen-capture-1-8.png

Seriously? $200-300 from Canada to Europe?
If he had listed these prices at the time of the transaction, which he should have legally. I would NOT have pre-ordered from him.
Thats my main issue. Now either I cancel the order, get a refund and have to buy another online for way more money. Or I wait and lose all interest in GR whilst waiting on a non specified release date for Tron?. I'm in a lose lose situation.
I just want fairness here, thats all.

Geil, he is not honoring the original order: From Toys2 site:
screen-capture-3-4.png

Last edited:
Back