Hot Toys-MMS 133-Ghost Rider Limited Edition Collectible Figurine with Bike Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alter Ego charged my card already- Sideshow is shipping it DIRECT to me, not going through Alter Ego...???? apparently the big size and such....

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it would have more relevance here:

Whatever you do, DON'T buy from AP Collectibles! :mad::mad::mad:

I preordered the Ghost Rider w/Hellcycle figure and then confirmed with them my order. Then when I went back on their site to check the status of my order, I saw it was cancelled!

They said I had two accounts (which I wasn't aware of) and one had a "Sam Flynn Light cycle" on order. WTF!? They kept the one i did not order and cancelled my Ghost Rider! They have all my info, yet did not notify me! So all this time waiting I thought I had GR ordered.

I emailed them several times about this, and when I got tired of waiting for a response, I had to refer to eBay to preorder GR at about a hundred bucks more! Never again! :gah:

That sucks. I tried ordering the tumbler from there awhile ago and had a similar type situation. The order appeared active but was later cancelled.

Glad u liked it lol

here's another cheers :)
vs5.jpg

Alter Ego charged my card already- Sideshow is shipping it DIRECT to me, not going through Alter Ego...???? apparently the big size and such....

I was actually pretty mad when I found this out. Now I'm going to have to deal with a crushed box most likely. I don't think that they should be able to do this to save on their shipping cost. I bought it from Alter Ego, and I expected it to be double-boxed. Now that Sideshows sending it, it will come in just the brown shipper with shipping labels all over it.

I contacted Sideshow about why they don't double-box all their items, and their excuse is that they deal with much larger numbers than oher online retailers. While they may deal with larger numbers, I'm sure they send out huge freight shipments to those online retailers. I still think they should double-box all items that are sent directly to customers. Everyone should call them and complain. I think it's absurd that the only online retailer I buy from that doesn't double-box my items, is the official distributor. The weirdest part, is that a double-boxed figure shipped across the entire country through Alter Ego, typically cost me around $15. Sideshow typically costs me $25 to get a figure shipped double-boxed within California. WTF!!!

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it would have more relevance here:

Whatever you do, DON'T buy from AP Collectibles! :mad::mad::mad:

I can't stand AP Collectibles either. I had a big problem with my T1 order from them. They have horrible customer service. Never Again!!!

I was actually pretty mad when I found this out. Now I'm going to have to deal with a crushed box most likely. I don't think that they should be able to do this to save on their shipping cost. I bought it from Alter Ego, and I expected it to be double-boxed. Now that Sideshows sending it, it will come in just the brown shipper with shipping labels all over it.

I contacted Sideshow about why they don't double-box all their items, and their excuse is that they deal with much larger numbers than oher online retailers. While they may deal with larger numbers, I'm sure they send out huge freight shipments to those online retailers. I still think they should double-box all items that are sent directly to customers. Everyone should call them and complain. I think it's absurd that the only online retailer I buy from that doesn't double-box my items, is the official distributor. The weirdest part, is that a double-boxed figure shipped across the entire country through Alter Ego, typically cost me around $15. Sideshow typically costs me $25 to get a figure shipped double-boxed within California. WTF!!!

I can't stand AP Collectibles either. I had a big problem with my T1 order from them. They have horrible customer service. Never Again!!!

IF I get mine from Sideshow damaged, Alter Ego will hear about it and I'm wanting a replacement if that is possible. I'm really wondering what is going on , too. If Alter Ego does this with the remainder of the figures I will pull preorders and expect NO penalty...

IF I get mine from Sideshow damaged, Alter Ego will hear about it and I'm wanting a replacement if that is possible. I'm really wondering what is going on , too. If Alter Ego does this with the remainder of the figures I will pull preorders and expect NO penalty...

I have been there before and all I can say is don't get mad until it's time to get mad, it's a waste of energy... Half the time everything works out great.

Mine comes on Monday, I'm going to lose it...

ONLY if it is damaged! Have you ordered from Alter Ego before? Double boxed super secure to insure NO chance of any damage to the figure- REAL customer service there!

It's just the concept IMHO. If the other mom pop retailer is charging less but is providing extra customer service by something as simple as double boxing, there should not be any excuses for sideshow not to do the same. Saying that they do not double box because sideshow deals with more customers yet charge more for shipping is just a really bad answer.

As long as the figure isn't damaged, you should be able to get a box replacment through Sideshow.

Also I have another issue with how Alter Ego is handling these. I ordered two sets and only one was charged. I was told that their is a shortage on GR and anyone that bought multiples would only be sent one untill they fullfill all single orders. The problem for me is that one set was for me, and the other was a present I promised my little brother for his 15th B-Day months ago. I placed my order long before these sold out and I think it's complete BS that now I have to wait and see if they are actually going to send me the second set.:gah: I've always liked shopping through Alter Ego, but they are seriously testing my patience on this one.

Last edited:
Whiny cry babies. Are you buying the figure or the box. The box is only meant to get your figure there in one piece. If it does that, mission accomplished. Who cares if there are a few dings? That is only to be expected.

As long as the figure isn't damaged, you should be able to get a box replacment through Sideshow.

Also I have another issue with how Alter Ego is handling these. I ordered two sets and only one was charged. I was told that their is a shortage on GR and anyone that bought multiples would only be sent one untill they fullfill all single orders. The problem for me is that one set was for me, and the other was a present I promised my little brother for his 15th B-Day months ago. I placed my order long before these sold out and I think it's complete BS that now I have to wait and see if they are actually going to send me the second set.:gah: In fact I think it's a breach of contract and I could sue them if they don fullfill it. I've always liked shopping through Alter Ego, but they are seriously testing my patience on this one.

They didn't charge you anything up front so they don't technically have to ship you anything. However, I understand your frustration. I also ordered from AE and hope this comes soon. I was mad at myself for not ordering two, but I guess now it may not have mattered.

Back