Hot Toys-MMS 133-Ghost Rider Limited Edition Collectible Figurine with Bike Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this sucks. I'm waiting for the figure to be delivered by UPS because it needs a signature, and I need to leave for work in..... 10 minutes. Since I can't let the air outside my front door sign for it, I'll just call the ---- off of work. I will say, if you are reading this, it's your fault this has to happen. I'm innocent, and you have ruined everything.
jk

UPS left both of mine at my door yesterday without a signature. Same with my 3 Neca Preds today. :dunno

one HOME RUN for Hot Toys- bet this tops $500 very soon on secondary market...no one expected this to be this good and may be underproduced now!

Mine arrived today.

t0sqk0.jpg

I got a question my Ghost rider didnt come with instructions WTH how do I turn on the light in the head?? Also do I need to buy batteries for the bike I see the switch and the light doesnt come on ???

Batteries aren't included for the bike.

You sure the instructions aren't under the figure stand? That is where it is in the box.

If not here is a scan of the directions.

grinstructions001.jpg

Oh and this set is way more awesome in hand than the pictures and that is saying something. The Cage sculpt looks really good in person and the lights are awesome. I could use the bike for mood lighting and the head is very bright on mine. No problem with the switch on the bike either.

Looks like the Dark Lord of the Sith is taking a HELLRIDE!!!

Got mine too. Just ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL figure and bike. Way to go Hot Toys!

I got this figure today, as well, and he's kind of a mixed bag. Like Natrix said, the Cage head looks better in person, and really, the lights are pretty nice when it's dark enough to really see the effect. The leather outfit is very nice, just like T2 T-800, and the accessories, paint job, etc. are all up to Hot Toys' usual (extremely high) quality. The biggest pleasant surprise to me was probably the bike, as it's quite big and heavier than I expected. I feared it would just be a cheap, light, glorified statue, but the details are pretty nice, wheels are rubber and rotate, etc.

However, not all is great. The plastic is precisely what I thought it would be, and while that's fine if you're gonna keep him lit up, it does look a bit cheap to me (and it feels and looks exactly like what you would see on a Hasbro or Mattel figure). He's also a bit thin. I understand he's supposed to be a skeleton so it makes perfect sense, but it feels like a bit of a strange juxtaposition with the bad-ass jacket and skull face on this scrawny looking body.

Overall, a pretty cool figure. Definitely a good value as far as Hot Toys figures go and a nice addition to their Marvel line, but not without its flaws. If he came with an alternate, fully painted head, this would be an A+ figure. But as it is, I say it's a solid B.

OK any tips on how to make the bike stand up straight? Mine either sits to the right on the exhaust or it falls over to the left. WHat it the kickstand thing on the bottom of the bike by the battery compartment for?

OK any tips on how to make the bike stand up straight? Mine either sits to the right on the exhaust or it falls over to the left. WHat it the kickstand thing on the bottom of the bike by the battery compartment for?

The bike is going to have lean to it. The kickstand next to the battery compartment is just that a kickstand. Make sure it is pointing out to the right at a 90 degree angle. All Motorcycles have a lean when parked, that is just part of it. If you want it to stand perfectly straight up, you will need modify some type of holder for the back wheel. Good Luck.

The bike is going to have lean to it. The kickstand next to the battery compartment is just that a kickstand. Make sure it is pointing out to the right at a 90 degree angle. All Motorcycles have a lean when parked, that is just part of it. If you want it to stand perfectly straight up, you will need modify some type of holder for the back wheel. Good Luck.

I guess my kickstand isnt down far enough because the when leaning the bike sits on the exhaust pipe and the kickstand hovers a little above the ground.

I guess my kickstand isnt down far enough because the when leaning the bike sits on the exhaust pipe and the kickstand hovers a little above the ground.

The exhaust pipes should have a small amount of clearance and the kickstand should hold the weight. That's a bummer dude. Try flexing the kickstand out a bit and turn the handle bars to the right.

Here are a few pics with the Hasbro bike. I know someone had asked about that earlier. It is about the identical size but obviously the sculpting and paint isn't as detailed and sharp. However with a repaint it could fill in pretty good if someone couldn't get the HT set. I think I actually like the size of the flames coming out of the skull on the bike on the Hasbro one better than the HT one.

Sorry I didn't have a better spot to shoot them for now.

p1050282o.jpg
p1050286e.jpg
p1050288.jpg

Nice pics.... the hasbro one actually compares pretty decent.. that's not to say it's on HT level, because it's not. But Hasbro did nice work especially for their market

Nice figure- but kind of sorry I bought it, it was more of an impulse pre- order a few months ago. Not going to keep it, I will be listing it with other Hot Toys for sale this weekend in the For Sale threads or put it up on Ebay.

Back