Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is pretty steep but seems like an easy enough pass even for IM fans. I can't see anyone feeling like something's missing from their collection because they didn't get this. It's a nice extra, especially with the hall of armour, but just doesn't feel in any way essential.

This could be essential for some that have the gantry and not the mech test tony. It would make a great fugure to use with the gantry, with all the extra armor pieces you could have him getting suited up/down and i really like the new dummy and table. Great accessories for a workshop scene. God i wish hot toys sold accessories by themselves :gah:

This could be essential for some that have the gantry and not the mech test tony. It would make a great fugure to use with the gantry, with all the extra armor pieces you could have him getting suited up/down and i really like the new dummy and table. Great accessories for a workshop scene. God i wish hot toys sold accessories by themselves :gah:

For this new suit, the suit itself IS the gantry...

people are complaining about the price, I'm actaully a little surprised, I thought this would definitly be over the $300 mark.
I think it will skipped over for Mark VIII and War Machine purchases, just doesn't make much sense to get unless your going to have the hall of armor along with it

I dont get the complaining about the price, for the amount of accessories included. Compared to the gantry, this is CHEAP. Was there this much fussing about the gantry? Can't remember....

I dont get the complaining about the price, for the amount of accessories included. Compared to the gantry, this is CHEAP. Was there this much fussing about the gantry? Can't remember....

I agree, ya its way to much, but for how hot toys has been pricing stuff, this is cheaper then i thought it would be.

Just seen this on a new site (about movies). Links, Pictures, Price, etc. I have a feeling this is going to sell really well.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, in someone else's collection the gantry, hall of armour and this set (putting aside the extremis thing because, like you, I find the gantry adds a tiny bit of realism to him suiting-up and down) will look epic and definitely something I'd enjoy seeing but I'm nowhere into IM enough to feel anything's missing if I don't own it. Whether I buy or not, though, I'm happy Hot Toys is going into this level of detail with any franchise. Gives me hope that one day they'll be doing the same for lines I'm more invested in, like Star Wars or Terminator.

original.jpg

2.jpg

:yess:

Now my day is complete! :hi5:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, in someone else's collection the gantry, hall of armour and this set (putting aside the extremis thing because, like you, I find the gantry adds a tiny bit of realism to him suiting-up and down) will look epic and definitely something I'd enjoy seeing but I'm nowhere into IM enough to feel anything's missing if I don't own it. Whether I buy or not, though, I'm happy Hot Toys is going into this level of detail with any franchise. Gives me hope that one day they'll be doing the same for lines I'm more invested in, like Star Wars or Terminator.

Ya it would be sweet for other lines to get the iron man treatment from hot toys, i would be right there with you for the terminater line, i always thought a 1/6 scale t-1 would be awesome in the hot toys terminater collection.

*annoyed*

It was a joke, I was in a playful mood. I am not sure what version of hara-kiri you will accept as an apology.

Whoa, relax! I don't want you to commit ritual suicide - did you not see my "winking-face"?

I can find plenty more pix if you like, though. Plenty.

That maybe would not be the best way to demonstrate that you weren't trolling... :dunno

Think this is the first Iron man ill easily pass.... thankfully. Prices too high now.

Quiter.......:lol My wallet agrees with you tho, i may have to pass on it too so i can pick up the new armor and war machine. Damn i wish they would space this stuff out better :thud:

No, not really. In fact, initially, there was very little discussion about the gantry, because Iron Monger was revealed at about the same time, and most peoples' response was: "Wow, at that price, I can only get one or the other, so I'm getting Monger - it will have more shelf presence, is totally awesome, etc. etc." Gantry didn't get much love initially. Of course, when it was released, the Gantry got very positive reviews. I love it, personally. I also love my Iron Monger. I'm glad I was in a position at the time where I didn't have to choose between them.

Now, we are going to get a flood of product for IM3, and hard choices will have to be made again. I'm not going for the Hall of Armor, even though the four unit one would look great with the Gantry, because it's overpriced for what it is. If I'm going to continue to spend this kind of cash on this hobby, I'm going to get only the things that have the most appeal to me. At the announced price point for this Stark, I may get him if the head is tweaked by the time it hits the market.

Just depends on one's view, I guess. I don't really care at all about who's in the suit or behind the mask. I'd never display an Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, etc., unmasked nor would I want a Peter Parker, etc. Just doesn't appeal to me. For Iron Man, I'll have War Machine SV, Iron Monger and ideally a new release of either the Mark III or IV and that'll be all I ever get from the line.

This perfectly illustrates the variety of interests in this hobby. I personally LOVE alter egos, I thing they make a great display option in themselves. In fact, if a hero like Batman, Spidey, or Ironman come with an "umasked" head sculpt, that's actually a huge selling point for me, so I can bash a Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker, or Tony Stark. I even got the "Superman Returns" Clark Kent (with the Superman "reveal" costume under the shirt) and stuck a Tom Welling headsculpt on it, to create a sort of "Smallville Season 11" Clark/Superman-reveal figure (looks better than the Superman Returns Clark, HT's head sculpts then were pretty primitive by today's standards).

Back